| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-06-2008, 11:08 AM||#31|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: Skins vs. Colts tonight, what are your thoughts about our first pre-season game of 2008
1. Steve Spurrier won his first pre-season game like 35 -7 (remember Mariucci complaining that he ran up the score?) and Matthews, Wuerfell, Rosenfels, et al looked like HOFers. I'm not sayong Zorn is Spurrier, but it is just pre-season. Just a reminder, not trying to be Deborah Downer.
2. I was encouraged by the fact that there were very few mental flubs (false starts, lining up in the wrong place, not knowing who was on the PAT team, etc.) Zorn seems to have everyone mentally prepared.
3. I am not encouraged by our run defense. And Jason Taylor looks more like a swimmer than a lineman to me. You can dominate every other aspect of the game and it will avail you nothing if you can't stop the run. It is the most critical element to sucess in the NFL, IMO.
4. Fred Davis will find his way very quickly on to the field.
5. I promised myself that I wouldn't spend the next ten years saying "Taylor would have made that play" or "Sean would not have been beaten like that", but I'm afraid there is no avoiding it.
6. I think Trey Wingo gave a shout out to one of or mods on ESPN yesterday, while showing a clip of Smoot dropping that pickle from Sorgi, but I could be wrong.
7. I prefer WRs who are into Jesus to those that are into making hip hop music.
That is all.
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven