Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Favre to the Jets

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #46
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Favre to the Jets

No one has mentioned compensation...I would have thought he would have cost a 2nd rounder.

It looks like he only will likely cost a 3rd (if the jets dont make the playoffs)
Thats actually quite a bargain for a QB like him.
The upgrade is enormous.
The Jets did well whether you agree with the strategy or not

I wonder who Chad Pennington will actually play for now?
Could be the backup for Aaron Rogers!
That would be hillarious!
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #47
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Favre to the Jets

Madden was on the radio and he was as funny as I have ever heard him. He was playing up the fact that he is a big Farve fan and was just cracking one joke after another. He now says christmas falls on the 20 Farve, Jet Farth, he was signing Brett Farve's back and the defenses are in trouble, hey ya'll, hey ya'll, Brett Farves back. He was just popping one liner after another.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATEKEEPER View Post
I think he's one of the greatest QB's ever, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him over this. He retires and the forces the Packers to move on and plan the whole offseason around a new QB and then at the beginning of camp he says, "just kidding", and expects the world to just revert back? This is going to end up like the Washington Wizards years of Jordan. Forgetable and laughable

When I see your screen name, this is all I can think of:

__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Madden was on the radio and he was as funny as I have ever heard him. He was playing up the fact that he is a big Farve fan and was just cracking one joke after another. He now says christmas falls on the 20 Farve, Jet Farth, he was signing Brett Farve's back and the defenses are in trouble, hey ya'll, hey ya'll, Brett Farves back. He was just popping one liner after another.
dude, are you sure you weren't listening to Frank Calienda (sp?) doing his Madden impression? I heard Frank C. do that on espn radio w/the parady of "my boyfriend's back."
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #50
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Farve vs Brady twice a year? John Madden's gonna go nuts. Plus we get to see him up close in a few weeks.
Remember his HOF induction speech? Was this really in question?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #51
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,851
Re: Favre to the Jets

I wonder if the Jets can turn around and trade Favre to another team...that'd be funny. LOL. I really don't think this is a good fit for Favre, the Jets are not a good QB away from being a good team. Then again, the Jets play in a weak AFC East, and if they get lucky against the Patriots for at least one game, they could easily beat the likes of Buffalo and Miami who have question marks for QBs. So who knows. I hope he has a decent season.

I don't think things are going to be that great for Green Bay though...unless Rodgers really pulls it together he's going to be under a lot of pressure and if they lose the public is going to eat them alive. It should be an interesting season for those two teams.

Well bring on football!!
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,916
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
dude, are you sure you weren't listening to Frank Calienda (sp?) doing his Madden impression? I heard Frank C. do that on espn radio w/the parady of "my boyfriend's back."
LOL, he got fooled by the impression.. Classic!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
LOL, he got fooled by the impression.. Classic!
Frank's pretty good!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I wonder if the Jets can turn around and trade Favre to another team...that'd be funny. LOL. I really don't think this is a good fit for Favre, the Jets are not a good QB away from being a good team. Then again, the Jets play in a weak AFC East, and if they get lucky against the Patriots for at least one game, they could easily beat the likes of Buffalo and Miami who have question marks for QBs. So who knows. I hope he has a decent season.

I don't think things are going to be that great for Green Bay though...unless Rodgers really pulls it together he's going to be under a lot of pressure and if they lose the public is going to eat them alive. It should be an interesting season for those two teams.

Well bring on football!!
Doesn't anybody read the previous posts?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #55
Camp Scrub
 
GATEKEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
When I see your screen name, this is all I can think of:

Great catch. That's actually the inspiration and the fact that I'm a hockey Goalie.
GATEKEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
sancho2613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 199
Re: Favre to the Jets

They just said on NFL Network that the first time we'll see Favre play in Jets uniform is Aug. 16 against the Redskins in a preseason game..
__________________
It doesn't take talent to win...just blood, sweat, heart, tears, time, and a good coach.
sancho2613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,332
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Doesn't anybody read the previous posts?
Um no. That's painfully obvious.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #58
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Favre to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho2613 View Post
They just said on NFL Network that the first time we'll see Favre play in Jets uniform is Aug. 16 against the Redskins in a preseason game..
Well that's good for people like me, who can't watch many Redskins preseason games from home. I'd be stunned if the Skins-Jets game was put on national TV.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #59
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Favre to the Jets

More proof that the Madden Curse is alive. Brett to the Jets...
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: Favre to the Jets

Better to the Jets then to the Minnesota..He goes to Minnesota they go to the Superbowl.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27549 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25