Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

The question to me is, is the difference between Frost and the new guy worth a draft pick? We could of drafted some defense with that pick. Of course we could have drafted some defense with two picks we used on the two WRs who haven't caught a ball yet. I hear next year we're looking to draft Ethan Albright's replacement.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
The question to me is, is the difference between Frost and the new guy worth a draft pick? We could of drafted some defense with that pick. Of course we could have drafted some defense with two picks we used on the two WRs who haven't caught a ball yet. I hear next year we're looking to draft Ethan Albright's replacement.
A good punter can get you out of a bad situation if your offense doesn't do the job, and Frost has not been doing well. I think if you read this thread you'll see that Brooks is doing better with his punts, especially the hangtime (which helps the special teams get downt he field)
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #18
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,395
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

I have no issue with drafting a punter in the 6th Round. Historically, that is one of the safest bets in a draft lottery.

As someone else posted in another thread, the majority of punters are "just a guy" and Frost is clearly "just a guy". Fairly often, drafted punters turn into something other than just another punter. In light of that, the importance of good field position, and the crapshoot involved at any other position, I would suggest that - Yes. "the difference between Frost and the new guy" IS "worth a draft pick[.]"
__________________
"We're very sorry, but we're too permissive to allow your sort".
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #19
Special Teams
 
JLW428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 422
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Off topic, I know, but rather than a fight for the punter position I would liked to have seen a battle at the kicker position. To me Suisham just doesn't cut it sometimes, when for the most part Frost does cut it.
JLW428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
SBprimetime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: State College, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 137
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

It's not like we spent a 1st or 2nd rounder on a kicker (Janikowski and Nugent), the odds of you getting a decent player in the 6th round aren't very high. I'd gladly have the Ray Guy award winner over some practice squad bum with that pick.
__________________
RIP Sean Taylor
SBprimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
A good punter can get you out of a bad situation if your offense doesn't do the job, and Frost has not been doing well. I think if you read this thread you'll see that Brooks is doing better with his punts, especially the hangtime (which helps the special teams get downt he field)
He did the same thing last preseason and training camp, then when the regular season started he went back to his old self.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
One thing I def. have noticed is Brooks' hang time.

He's consistently floating them up there, and that's something we've been missing for quite some time. Good punters are huge in those close games...
There is a telling sign to me that Brooks is our guy. I have a Cowboys fan friend that came up to me and said, "Hey, the new punter you drafted looks like a huge upgrade from the guy last year." Obviously I don't watch preseason, so I don't know any better...but if he noticed it, that's enough evidence for me that Brooks is the man.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

To me there is no questions.

Brooks ---> draft pick spent

Brooks ---> punted in the Meadowlands, which just happens to be where we are playing game one of the season (Coincidence?)

Brooks ---> has done nothing but show he is better so far in pre-season.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
There is a telling sign to me that Brooks is our guy. I have a Cowboys fan friend that came up to me and said, "Hey, the new punter you drafted looks like a huge upgrade from the guy last year." Obviously I don't watch preseason, so I don't know any better...but if he noticed it, that's enough evidence for me that Brooks is the man.
You really don't watch the Redskins at all in the preseason?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Brooks is going to be the guy barring a major screwup. Frost is just sticking around for now as an insurance policy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
not only that, but a rookie that is the same in stats to a 4 year vet, then to me, the rookie has more promise and we should go with him..

To be ideal, if every rookie that came in to the league could compete or possibly pass a vet on the depth chart because of skills, you would have as many of those rookies on your roster, because that means your team will be good, and young, for a longg time.

the fact that Brooks is even in the same league as Frost as this point shows the promise of the kid, and he hasnt even had the experience like Frost has.

When the young player s start outplaying the vets, that's when you have to start getting rid of the old guys, not matter what they did for your team in the past.
I agree with you! Since Frost has not done jack shit in the past it is easy to pass him.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You really don't watch the Redskins at all in the preseason?
Well, first off, I live in New Mexico (aka: shitland), so the games aren't televised here anyway. But I did catch the first quarter of the first game. If the game is on, I will catch a few plays here and there, but I purposely tell myself not to watch it. I don't want to get excited about things that don't deserve excitement. Like Brennan for instance. I love the guy and the pick, but him doing well in preseason doesn't deserve my attention. Wuerffel did VERY well in the preseason, but he sucked.
This is probably the only thing in my life that I show extreme patience. I am certainly jonesing for Redskins football, but I will wait patiently for the season. I already took off Sept. 4th to watch the game!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, first off, I live in New Mexico (aka: shitland), so the games aren't televised here anyway. But I did catch the first quarter of the first game. If the game is on, I will catch a few plays here and there, but I purposely tell myself not to watch it. I don't want to get excited about things that don't deserve excitement. Like Brennan for instance. I love the guy and the pick, but him doing well in preseason doesn't deserve my attention. Wuerffel did VERY well in the preseason, but he sucked.
This is probably the only thing in my life that I show extreme patience. I am certainly jonesing for Redskins football, but I will wait patiently for the season. I already took off Sept. 4th to watch the game!
No DirecTV? How do you watch the regular season games?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #29
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
No DirecTV? How do you watch the regular season games?
I've had the NFL sunday ticket since it came out. I never miss a regular season...however, I was uncertain they cover all preseason games.
What channels do they cover the games?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

The NFLN
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32371 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25