Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #16
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
You think ROMO folds under pressure and JC doesn't?? I think not. JC can have all the talent in the world but he really needs to build his confidence and not blow it at the end of the game.
Not sure if I get what your saying. First you say JC dosen't fold under preasure but then you say he needs more confidence and not to blow it at the end of the game. Isn't not haveing confidence and blowing it at the end of the game the same as folding under preasure? I think the two go hand in hand.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #17
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
He's "blown it" at the end of two regular season games; against Tampa and Dallas. Do two throws in two games really amount to some big trend?

Also, what makes you think he's lacking in confidence?
Did you watch the Pats game? My lord, doesn't the man know how to tuck the ball??... I think he gets all shook up when he starts to screw up and then it's all down hill from there. I hope that is NOT the case this year though.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #18
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure if I get what your saying. First you say JC dosen't fold under preasure but then you say he needs more confidence and not to blow it at the end of the game. Isn't not haveing confidence and blowing it at the end of the game the same as folding under preasure? I think the two go hand in hand.
What don't you get? I asked him if he thinks JC dosen't fold under pressure. "I think not".. means if he doesn't think that, he's wrong.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Did you watch the Pats game? My lord, doesn't the man know how to tuck the ball??... I think he gets all shook up when he starts to screw up and then it's all down hill from there. I hope that is NOT the case this year though.
I remember our O-line getting overwhelmed by blitzing linebackers and JC getting nailed over and over. He's obviously to blame for failing to tuck the ball, but he was getting molested in the Pats game. But how does that show that JC chokes under pressure or has a confidence problem (which was your original point)?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #20
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I remember our O-line getting overwhelmed by blitzing linebackers and JC getting nailed over and over. He's obviously to blame for failing to tuck the ball, but he was getting molested in the Pats game. But how does that show that JC chokes under pressure or has a confidence problem (which was your original point)?
When I watch him I see a man that comes out strong. LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR PRIOR - When JC misses a pass, over throws, under throws..whatever.. I watch closer and things don't seem to improve for him - this is just my opinion as a spectator which I already know a lot of you strongly disagree with. In games JC either remains inconsistent or he gets worse (after mistakes) as the game progresses. I hope Zorn fixes that problem. I know my doubts when it comes to JC really rub people wrong, but what rubs me wrong is how everyone keeps talking about what a great QB he is when none of us have seen real proof of that yet.
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #21
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
I know my doubts when it comes to JC really rub people wrong, but what rubs me wrong is how everyone keeps talking about what a great QB he is when none of us have seen real proof of that yet.
I know you doubt JC's abilities, and that is fair. JC hasn't shown me enough to say with 100% certainty that he's going to be good, great, or a Pro Bowler. However, I think some people might get frustrated others appear ready to abandon a QB who has just over 1 season's worth of game experience. Yes, there are guys like Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers, who play quite well in their first season. But most great QBs struggled in their first 16 or so games.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #22
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Nobody is saying he's great. We just like what we see so far. Not sure why that's so hard to understand or why anyone should have to apologize for that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #23
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nobody is saying he's great. We just like what we see so far. Not sure why that's so hard to understand or why anyone should have to apologize for that.
This is where I get off the JC train...
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
This is where I get off the JC train...
I didn't realize you were even on it to begin with.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #25
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I didn't realize you were even on it to begin with.

The train of conversation...
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #26
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: I like What I see out Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I know you doubt JC's abilities, and that is fair. JC hasn't shown me enough to say with 100% certainty that he's going to be good, great, or a Pro Bowler. However, I think some people might get frustrated others appear ready to abandon a QB who has just over 1 season's worth of game experience. Yes, there are guys like Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers, who play quite well in their first season. But most great QBs struggled in their first 16 or so games.
I agree with this the kid has 1 complete year under his belt, also he has had like 8 OC or something like that he still need more experience and has a long way to go but what you want from a young QB is that he shows potential and progress and the kid has done that he started last year really bad but became better as the season went along he needs game experience and you can see he's trying to get better and lead the team.

there tons of Qb's with talent but can't never progress and transform that talent in to production would he be a great QB? i don't know but I see a kid working in trying to be one.

Now for the one that said he will have better stats then Romo it's a little wishful thinking because Romo had the second best stats in the NFL behind Brady and his freakish year.

But really I don't care if romo throws for 1,000 yards and 10TD the whole season if we get the SB in February you can take the stats I take the wins
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23935 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25