Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Upcoming Cuts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #31
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,143
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fair enough. Well, this is something I've been saying for about four years now (much to the scorn of a few here), but I think this year we may see it more than we ever have before. Shawn Springs at FS. Which would slide Landry to SS. I'm not saying that's going to be a permanent starting lineup, just that I could see that look often.
If Rogers is strong enough to start the opener at CB, moving Springs to FS gets our best 4 DBs on the field. After Doughty's performance Saturday, I hope that this is given strong consideration.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Watching Chris Samuels get schooled by Julius Peppers makes me want to cut Samuels.

I'm kidding. Of course we shouldn't cut Samuels, but that has got to be absolutely humiliating for Samuels to get annihilated like that. It's not often you see a linemen get completely dominated in that fashion...
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #33
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
Watching Chris Samuels get schooled by Julius Peppers makes me want to cut Samuels.

I'm kidding. Of course we shouldn't cut Samuels, but that has got to be absolutely humiliating for Samuels to get annihilated like that. It's not often you see a linemen get completely dominated in that fashion...
We should, given the logic of some people on this board. LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #34
Camp Scrub
 
Skinz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Syracuse, UT
Posts: 65
Re: Upcoming Cuts

I know that Reed has taken a lot of heat over his performance Saturday (and rightfully so), but I think this is a case where his a good player to have on the team a good locker room guy and a good special teams guy, the problem comes that the more he plays the more other teams are able to expose him - he's good when he has to come in and play a couple of games for an injured player. I think you'll see an indirect competition between Horton and Moore and as soon as the Coaching staff feels that one of them is ready to start - you'll see Reed benched and Landry moved to whatever spot is open.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 675
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Landry being out def exposes Doughty's weaknesses. At least hes better than Arch tho
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinz4life View Post
I know that Reed has taken a lot of heat over his performance Saturday (and rightfully so), but I think this is a case where his a good player to have on the team a good locker room guy and a good special teams guy, the problem comes that the more he plays the more other teams are able to expose him - he's good when he has to come in and play a couple of games for an injured player. I think you'll see an indirect competition between Horton and Moore and as soon as the Coaching staff feels that one of them is ready to start - you'll see Reed benched and Landry moved to whatever spot is open.
I think you make some good points, and much better than some other people who just lash out and insist that Doughty should be cut now and replace him with one of the rookies...that's just not a smart comment. The team has an option of putting Spring at safety, if they feel that Doughty is not cutting it during the regular season. Although, I think having Landry back in, will make Doughty a better player. As I've repeatedly said, Doughty is an average player, you take away Landry and he's not going to carry this team.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 675
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Can we put Colt at SS?
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #38
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Can we put Colt at SS?
I would say no, but since Campbell sucked it up too, why don't we cut him and put Colt in? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Can we put Colt at SS?
Yep, he can be a two way starter, QB and SS!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see on obvious passing downs that Springs moves to FS, Landry to SS, Rogers, Smoot, Torrence and/or Tryon rounding out the nickel or dime packages. Doughty is a liability in passing situations. He's solid in run support but we can't afford to have Matt Stevens 2.0 back there all season.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #40
Camp Scrub
 
Skinz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Syracuse, UT
Posts: 65
Re: Upcoming Cuts

I really like the idea of Springs at safety, as long as Carlos is 100%. That seems to be the best way to get our best guys on the field.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #41
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,513
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you make some good points, and much better than some other people who just lash out and insist that Doughty should be cut now and replace him with one of the rookies...that's just not a smart comment. The team has an option of putting Spring at safety, if they feel that Doughty is not cutting it during the regular season. Although, I think having Landry back in, will make Doughty a better player. As I've repeatedly said, Doughty is an average player, you take away Landry and he's not going to carry this team.
I agree that he is average and probably will stay that way his whole career. But I don't think that other teams really had a chance to game plan to attack Reed he was thrown the fire after ST died. Now teams had more film on him and will see the Carolina game were he struggled in the passing game.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
Skinz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Syracuse, UT
Posts: 65
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
I agree that he is average and probably will stay that way his whole career. But I don't think that other teams really had a chance to game plan to attack Reed he was thrown the fire after ST died. Now teams had more film on him and will see the Carolina game were he struggled in the passing game.
The thing that was really disappointing to me was how bad he played against the run, the pass I have come to kind of expect that but how he played against the run my hell.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #43
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Upcoming Cuts

I think the last of the five cuts will be Goode. I dont see why you keep him when he wont make the team barring injuries. He cant play so what is the point. If they like him they can put him on the practice squad.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you make some good points, and much better than some other people who just lash out and insist that Doughty should be cut now and replace him with one of the rookies...that's just not a smart comment. The team has an option of putting Spring at safety, if they feel that Doughty is not cutting it during the regular season. Although, I think having Landry back in, will make Doughty a better player. As I've repeatedly said, Doughty is an average player, you take away Landry and he's not going to carry this team.
Doughty has already been exposed as the player he is, a special teams ace/3rd safety, he is nothing more than that. It's not going to matter if Landry is in the game or not, they have two different assignments. Landry isn't going to be able to do his assignment correctly if he has to compensate for Doughty's weaknesses. Simply put, Doughty is a liability as a starter. I have no problem with Doughty coming in on obvious run plays but other than that he doesn't really have any business playing everydown.

I say we should try to move Kareem Moore to SS, so we can keep Landry at FS, a position at which he clearly excels. That way we have our two best coverage safeties on the field, then have Doughty/Horton come in on run plays and blitz packages. Also, I am against moving Springs to FS because then we have to move Landry back to SS. Plus with Rogers health concerns we can't afford to move Springs to safety.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
Camp Scrub
 
Skinz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Syracuse, UT
Posts: 65
Re: Upcoming Cuts

Does anyone here know how the Skins are against the cap? As we start to see people cut Washington may need to add a veteran back LB.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31873 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25