Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I think a lot people said similar things about another Cincy RB four of five years ago... Corey Dillon anyone? A supposedly selfish, old, malcontent that went on to get a few rings in NE. Not saying this is the case w/ Rudi, but he's not quite 29, and could really help a team thin at RB. I don't think Cincy expects a big time #1 WR in return either, especially since word is out about their desperation in the matter.
Good points, but keep in mind I said 1 step away. He could help someone, but not for long...a year, maybe 2 max.
As matty pointed out, Perry has been rumored to start out there anyway. He obviously doesn't have much left in the tank.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #17
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,243
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
johnson...the whole cincy team just is a crumbling ship...
with ocho cinco hurt i just feel bad for carson palmer. maybe we can trade reed doughty for a pick to help them out?

__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #18
Camp Scrub
 
BugelDisciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Rudi Johnson cut by the Bengals
ESPN - Bengals cut oft-injured RB Johnson; Perry to start - NFL

This is an absolute shock, the Bengals got nothing in return for Rudi who was great until the injury plagued season last year.
BugelDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 34
Posts: 885
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Yeah, they must know something the rest of the NFL doesn't. He really could be an asset somewhere, and now he's just floating around waiting to get picked up.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,656
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

So can we say that this will be Marvin Lewis' last year coaching the Bengals?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,879
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So can we say that this will be Marvin Lewis' last year coaching the Bengals?
I doubt he makes it to Thanksgiving.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
Yeah, they must know something the rest of the NFL doesn't. He really could be an asset somewhere, and now he's just floating around waiting to get picked up.
No, they clearly know something that you do not, and several fans do not. Rudi Johnson has next to nothing left in the tank (dejavu), there was a reason the Bengals had absolutely 0 takers for a trade.

He's working out for the freakin lions...if he was any good, a REAL team would have already snatched him up.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #23
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
No, they clearly know something that you do not, and several fans do not. Rudi Johnson has next to nothing left in the tank (dejavu), there was a reason the Bengals had absolutely 0 takers for a trade.

He's working out for the freakin lions...if he was any good, a REAL team would have already snatched him up.
He just signed with Detroit- 1 year deal.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

I know it's been said but it is amazing how quickly these running backs flame out these days. Alexander went from MVP to out of the league in 2 years. Rudi Johnson is only one year removed from 3 consecutive 12 TD seasons. Was it always like this? I seem to remember guys playing a lot longer when I was a kid.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I know it's been said but it is amazing how quickly these running backs flame out these days. Alexander went from MVP to out of the league in 2 years. Rudi Johnson is only one year removed from 3 consecutive 12 TD seasons. Was it always like this? I seem to remember guys playing a lot longer when I was a kid.
Well, the knock on both of Shuan and Rudi was toughness. They both ran fairly soft (more so with Shaun) and weren't really considered tough players. After Alexander's MVP year he got a big contract and just folded up.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, the knock on both of Shuan and Rudi was toughness. They both ran fairly soft (more so with Shaun) and weren't really considered tough players. After Alexander's MVP year he got a big contract and just folded up.
Well Eddie George is a guy who didn't lack toughness, who went from the best in the league to 3 yards a carry in what seemed like a season. Larry Johnson is unfortunately looking to be the next in that tradition. Ahman Green went from 1800 yard seasons to a bum in no time flat. I don't think it's toughness so much, even though the I agree with you about Alexander being a softy (read somewhere that the reason he can't get a job is that he can't block or play special teams, so unless he is a feature back he is completely worthless). I think it's just a taxing position.

Maybe it's just that I remember the Emmitt's and Barry's while forgetting about people like Barry Foster and Christian Okoye.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #27
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Well Eddie George is a guy who didn't lack toughness, who went from the best in the league to 3 yards a carry in what seemed like a season. Larry Johnson is unfortunately looking to be the next in that tradition. Ahman Green went from 1800 yard seasons to a bum in no time flat. I don't think it's toughness so much, even though the I agree with you about Alexander being a softy (read somewhere that the reason he can't get a job is that he can't block or play special teams, so unless he is a feature back he is completely worthless). I think it's just a taxing position.

Maybe it's just that I remember the Emmitt's and Barry's while forgetting about people like Barry Foster and Christian Okoye.
Just checked- Eddie George carried the ball 312+ times each of his first 8 seasons, had over 1000 yards in 7 of them and never missed a game. That's severely taxing, plus he ran so upright that he just took a pounding.

I think Herman Edwards just likes pounding RB's into retirement. He did it to Curtis Martin, and is on the way to doing that to LJ, although both of those guys are super tough.

Ahman Green suddenly turned into a walking groin injury.

But yeah, I just think it all comes down to RB being a brutally physical position. Isn't the average career for RB's like 2.3 seasons or something?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Ahman Green suddenly turned into a walking groin injury
There's something really disturbing about the image of a walking groin injury.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

ouch..walking groin..
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,489
Re: Rudi Johnson to be traded?

Looks like Rudi Johnson is heading to Detroit
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27461 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25