Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Interesting article, lots of discussion on their boards. I thought it would be a nice discussion in here as well.

ESPN - NFL's best fans? We gotta hand it to Steelers (barely) - NFL
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
LMsexyAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 684
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Where they hell do they get off saying that the EAGLES fans are the 4th best in the league??? I would put them at number 32 on any list.. they hate their own team almost as much as they hate every other team.

And how the hell do you say that the Eagles hate the Cowboys more than the REDSKINS. THAT is just completely and utterly moronic.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

I agree with the steelers fans. I spent 4 years in the 'burgh and those guys and gals live and breath steelers.

The pats fans? come on, when they sucked 10 years ago noone rooted for them. pats fans are going to be like rams fans, 2 years after brady retires all those jersyes are going to collect dust.

eagles fans are all about hate so when it comes to who can hate more there is no contest. and eagles fans do hate the cowboys and giants more than they hate the skins. youd be surprised but if we polled all the cowboy fans the eagles would probaly be their most hated.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
Warren85Ellard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 330
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Wait....1 is best and 5 is worst right?... The Redskins get a 3 for loyalty.....a fucking 3?? 319 consecutive sellouts....29.000 showing up to watch a practice and he gives us a three? The guy even points out that we're loyal through tough times and then gives us a three.

Last edited by Warren85Ellard; 08-29-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Eagles ranked 4th and us 6th, total BS. We should be #1 just by the mere fact of 319 consecutive sellouts and 200,000 people on the wait list. No other team can lay claim to those stats.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

I saw the 3 on loyalty, figured it was another crazy poll and put it away. How many sellouts during 10 years without a playoff game? Honestly I think the fact that the name Redskins is not PC so we will always be in the media doghouse. It is the only reason I can understand.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
Soup's Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 354
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

I actuall think we should be 4th (Hell we should be 3rd behind the Steelers and Packers). Look at the GD Hall of Fame weekend! I went to school with a bunch of Eagles fans. They should not be 4th. Eagles fans are douches. Redskins fans are loyal as hell.
__________________
"No one runs on the Cowboys" - Wade Phillips

Incorrect Wade...the Burgundy and Gold just ran all over you.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
Warren85Ellard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 330
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Eagles ranked 4th and us 6th, total BS. We should be #1 just by the mere fact of 319 consecutive sellouts and 200,000 people on the wait list. No other team can lay claim to those stats.
Don't forget the 29,000 lunatics showing up in Ashburn, VA to watch a practice.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Oh, I forgot to mention the HOF event this year, you would have thought that would have given us higher rating, even if it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. crazy.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
Soup's Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 354
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the HOF event this year, you would have thought that would have given us higher rating, even if it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. crazy.
Exactly my point. I'm glad we are high, but I thought we could have been higher.
__________________
"No one runs on the Cowboys" - Wade Phillips

Incorrect Wade...the Burgundy and Gold just ran all over you.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

maybe because alot of season ticket holders for skins are corporate douchebags or fair weather fan rich boys. which actually works for me because while i dont "technically" have season tickets the people I know literrally give me season tickets because if I didnt use their seats they would be empty. how sad but awesome is that?

front row tickets for free? HELL YEAAHHHHHHHH man i cant wait!!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,420
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Definately don't agree being placed below Philidelphia and Cleveland. However that is negated by the fact that the Cowboys ("America's Team) is ranked 12th.

Also thought this was interesting in regards to the Steelers explanation for being #1:

The season-ticket waiting list is extremely long and the consecutive sellout streak of 299 games, including playoffs, is unbelievable.

Then you go to the Redskins part

Consecutive sellouts: 319 | Season-ticket waiting list: 200,000

Redskins fans aren't as.......

We got a whole season on them without playoff games (save one game vs the Lions) so in that respect I'd say our sellout streak is even more unbelievable.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Eagles ranked 4th and us 6th, total BS. We should be #1 just by the mere fact of 319 consecutive sellouts and 200,000 people on the wait list. No other team can lay claim to those stats.
Those 319 sellouts only tell a small part of the story. We did not sell out the one or two home games in 1987 that were played by scabs during the last NFL players strike. We have sold out every game since then, but before the strike, we sold out every game all the way back to 1966. So discounting scab games, our real sell out streak is probably closer to 600 games - let's see those loudmouth Philly fans touch that.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Those 319 sellouts only tell a small part of the story. We did not sell out the one or two home games in 1987 that were played by scabs during the last NFL players strike. We have sold out every game since then, but before the strike, we sold out every game all the way back to 1966. So discounting scab games, our real sell out streak is probably closer to 600 games - let's see those loudmouth Philly fans touch that.
That's what I thought, the strike season should have an asterisk like Barry Bonds baseball.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
maybe because alot of season ticket holders for skins are corporate douchebags or fair weather fan rich boys. which actually works for me because while i dont "technically" have season tickets the people I know literrally give me season tickets because if I didnt use their seats they would be empty. how sad but awesome is that?

front row tickets for free? HELL YEAAHHHHHHHH man i cant wait!!!

Yeah, I can vouch for this. OTM hooked me and my brother up with some sweet tickets last year for the Bears game. (when our playoff run started... coincidence? I think not.)
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27358 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25