Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sean Salisbury predicts Redskins in playoffs, Gibbs, Portis win awards

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
This Rams game is merely a speed bump on the road to the Super Bowl!
Ya know, the " find all posts by (fill in the posters name)" function is gonna provide plenty of entertainment a few months down the road

keep em coming!!
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2004, 09:45 PM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Ya know, the " find all posts by (fill in the posters name)" function is gonna provide plenty of entertainment a few months down the road

keep em coming!!
LOL. Should be a fun season!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:49 PM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
you know what would be awesome, for Cooley to put up better numbers then winslow, that would KICK ASS!

Hogskin, thanks for the complement. I agree Washington was the biggest strech for a prediectoin, but ive got a good feeling.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #19
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingerock
I am listening to Dan Patrick on ESPN radio, they were talking about Tuna and the Cowgirls. Sean says that they will play better than last season but finish worse because of the division. Then he goes on to say the Redskins finish 2nd in the East and get the wildcard. He thinks Gibbs will be coach of the year and Portis wins the MVP with over 1700 yds this season. Other than 2nd in the East I agree with him. I think the Eagles are over rated and we can fight them for the East crown.

--------------------
My predictions:

* Redskins win East
* Portis an MVP candidate
* Taylor fights DeAngelo Hall for defensive rookie of the year
* Either Upshaw or Daniels make the probowl (I said it first!)
* Gibbs is Coach of the Year
* Brunell starts the 1st 3 games, Ramesy takes over because of an injury and finishes the season strong for us.
Everything except the Ramsey part right there. We'll be headed to the toilet bowl if Ramsey is leading this team. He's not buying into the Brunell deal. He didn't when it happened and he still doesn't.
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #20
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
I think the surprise players this year will be Gari Scott, Marcus Washington and Campbell and McCollough. McCants will have his best year with Brunell.
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:40 PM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
you make those assumptions as if any of them are going to play, with the exception of washington of course. McCants will get playing time, but it will be hard to have a better year then last year with all these receivers, plus cooley and the other tes
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
la73, you realize this is s kins site right? lol... i personally wouldn't talk about running 200 yds when the skins are the ones with portis

i mean, sure having the ball for 35 minutes would be great, but when the skins have it for 42 minutes, dallas is gonna be in trouble.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Ya know, the " find all posts by (fill in the posters name)" function is gonna provide plenty of entertainment a few months down the road

keep em coming!!
hopefully we'll be pulling up your threads and lauging at your crazy assumptions that dallas is going to have over 200 yards rushing against us.

Of course...mabye Vinny T has spent a lot of time this offseason working on becoming a running QB. Is it illegal to have a wheelchair in the backfield for your qb and hb?
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #24
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
la73, you realize this is s kins site right? lol... i personally wouldn't talk about running 200 yds when the skins are the ones with portis

i mean, sure having the ball for 35 minutes would be great, but when the skins have it for 42 minutes, dallas is gonna be in trouble.
I stand by my post...

I have mentioned over there and I will one again mention it..this time here

Portis will not the type of success he did in Denver

Bust? No way..

1200 yards would be a good season considering the defenses in this division,

The defenses in the AFC West all finished in the 20's

You guys dont have the OL to dominate like we do
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:39 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
hopefully we'll be pulling up your threads and lauging at your crazy assumptions that dallas is going to have over 200 yards rushing against us.

Of course...mabye Vinny T has spent a lot of time this offseason working on becoming a running QB. Is it illegal to have a wheelchair in the backfield for your qb and hb?
We did it to you last year and your DL isnt much better

Wynn..a nice solid player.
Griffin? his best season was his rookie year..in '00
Noble? coming of a grotesque knee injury and now a broken hand...if he was that good we would have retained him last year
Regan Upshaw? Journeyman

Offensively...You mean the Vinny that is completing over 70% of his passes?

Henson is 3X the QB Ramsey is

Far better than the garbage your guys have been showing

I understand that this is only preseason but...70% kinda sticks out..and Henson is @ 75%

Heck, since teams arent "gameplanning" this preseason why isnt Portis averaging 7 YPC?
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,411
ai yi yi yi. Hes not averaging 7 a carry for the same reason all the topbacks arent, he doesnt play in preseason.

And we'll see if Vinny has a 70 percent completion perectage come the regular season. My guess is that Taylor picks him off three times on the monday night game, then he gets so frusterated that he lets his guard down and Arrington ends his season, heh.

You only talked about our dline, want to discuss our starting linebackers?
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #27
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
ai yi yi yi. Hes not averaging 7 a carry for the same reason all the topbacks arent, he doesnt play in preseason.

And we'll see if Vinny has a 70 percent completion perectage come the regular season. My guess is that Taylor picks him off three times on the monday night game, then he gets so frusterated that he lets his guard down and Arrington ends his season, heh.

You only talked about our dline, want to discuss our starting linebackers?
you mean end that mother f*ckers career, lol. hes an old dude
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:47 PM   #28
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
We did it to you last year and your DL isnt much better

Wynn..a nice solid player.
Griffin? his best season was his rookie year..in '00
Noble? coming of a grotesque knee injury and now a broken hand...if he was that good we would have retained him last year
Regan Upshaw? Journeyman

Offensively...You mean the Vinny that is completing over 70% of his passes?

Henson is 3X the QB Ramsey is

Far better than the garbage your guys have been showing

I understand that this is only preseason but...70% kinda sticks out..and Henson is @ 75%

Heck, since teams arent "gameplanning" this preseason why isnt Portis averaging 7 YPC?

seriously, drew henson has to be the most overrated player. he hasnt played since several years ago, and he only started a whole 8 games in his collegiate career!! wow. talk about griffen having his best year a few years back, hensons last year was a few years back, rediculous
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:58 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
lol, so you just came here to start flame wars then?

portis isn't averaging 7ypc cause he hasn't screened out and broken plays wide open... the one screen he had he got 22 yds on...

its nice that you think henson is good vs scrubs, call me when he wins a game though.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #30
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
That's a whole lotta stupid. Henson isn't good enough to start over Vinny Testaverde. How good could he be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof

Henson is 3X the QB Ramsey is
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30777 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25