Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


I waited & months for this crap?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

I'm tired of hearing about this Colt Brennan bullshit.. JC might be looking rough but he's got 4 years under his belt compared to Colt. I'm sorry but I highly highly highly doubt Colt would be worth a shit right now if he was starting. Its one game we just have to build i guess. Yes i have my doubts also about a lot of things watching this game but lets see what JZ can do
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #32
Special Teams
 
sancho2613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 199
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Too early for Colt time MR Packer Backer. JC needs to get into the flow of things with the new look. If he keeps producing crap like tonight, then yeah bring in the kid. Can't write the season off already, it looks dismal right now, but if we waste the Saints on the 14th everything will be cool. That being said we have a lot of work and healing to do before then.
I agree I think It's a little early and like I said before I have nothing against JC and I hope He plays better and beats the Saints but I'd like to see the QB that gives the Skins the best chance to win and from what i've seen so far I don't think it's JC. I think that you have 2 QB's right now that could possibly give you a better chance to win. You never know what QB will get more wins or play better but if JC keeps playing like he played in the preseason and tonight it's time to put in one of the other QB's wether it's Collins or Brennan I think either of them will do a better job and like i said in another thread I might be wrong but that's just my opinion
__________________
It doesn't take talent to win...just blood, sweat, heart, tears, time, and a good coach.
sancho2613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Looked like more of the same...

that is a timid, anemic offense coupled with uninspired defense. We are lucky to have only lost by 9.

We need to stretch the field, and call on 47 a bit more

Positive note...It is only the first game...
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #34
Camp Scrub
 
Misterbillysells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 80
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

The real problem in this game seemed to JC's inability to see where the blitz was coming early and make the correct hot read early enough to distribute the ball. That has a lot to do with the giants aggressive system and masking of the blitz as well as the JCs inexperience in the system. I agree he did look timid and afraid to make a mistake. But the few times he did it right he hit randle el and santana on short crosses leading to big gains. Often on replays it appeared that cooley was open across the middle in holes opened up by blitzing linebackers. As jim zorn said at halftime JC has to stop locking into one option and recognize the opening. Hopefully that will become more frequent as the season progresses and we will turn things around offensively.
Misterbillysells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #35
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
I'm tired of hearing about this Colt Brennan bullshit.. JC might be looking rough but he's got 4 years under his belt compared to Colt. I'm sorry but I highly highly highly doubt Colt would be worth a shit right now if he was starting. Its one game we just have to build i guess. Yes i have my doubts also about a lot of things watching this game but lets see what JZ can do
4 years under his belt and what has he done? Lets call a spade a spade..He's a mediocre Qb and will not be the one whom will take us to the next level. Let me ask you. If you know that you will dump your girl in a year would you waste your time and date her or would you move to bigger and better things..the hour glass is flipped and its only a matter before Colt or Collins move in
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterbillysells View Post
The real problem in this game seemed to JC's inability to see where the blitz was coming early and make the correct hot read early enough to distribute the ball. That has a lot to do with the giants aggressive system and masking of the blitz as well as the JCs inexperience in the system. I agree he did look timid and afraid to make a mistake. But the few times he did it right he hit randle el and santana on short crosses leading to big gains. Often on replays it appeared that cooley was open across the middle in holes opened up by blitzing linebackers. As jim zorn said at halftime JC has to stop locking into one option and recognize the opening. Hopefully that will become more frequent as the season progresses and we will turn things around offensively.
I agree he did have a lil Brees moment staring down Moss..the first drive six people was hovering cause he wouldn't look off.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

I see this site still has a few trolls, any Irish sightings lately?

Anyways play calling was terrible it was a bad game period. Why you try to establish the run first against the giants is beyond me. We ran the ball until we had to pass which would more then cover JC's average performance for me.

Defense was terrible until we finally for some unknown reason, decided putting pressure on el, should have done it form the beginning. As for CR i think he is a good CB, even though he got raped on one play, the fact that he has a chance at 3 interceptions a game means he is there (maybe I'm the only one who thinks he is a decent corner).

As for throwing to Thrash i bet if the camera panned to the other side of the field moss was triple covered, and lets not act that moss was not wide on the one deep play we did run the O line just had JC scrambling to much to launch a deep ball especially when the whole D is on pass coverage.

Anyways I have not been a fan of ZOrns form the beginning. Also I am no fan of Colt either I say stick with JC untill he starts throwing bad picks like colt will throw and cost us games. Maybe JC develops a little confidence and starts taking more risks that should make a few of you happy.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeofmoval View Post
4 years under his belt and what has he done? Lets call a spade a spade..He's a mediocre Qb and will not be the one whom will take us to the next level. Let me ask you. If you know that you will dump your girl in a year would you waste your time and date her or would you move to bigger and better things..the hour glass is flipped and its only a matter before Colt or Collins move in
4 years of experience? try 3, 4 would be after this year and thats just talking about his time in the NFL. JC has only started 21 games, less then a season and a half. You cant tell me your considering carrying a clip board around the sidelines experience. You sound like a Giants fan talking about Eli 2 years ago, you might be in the wrong forum, check the url. This might be more suitable for you New York Giants Message Boards - Forums.

And no I would continue to date that girl for a year because its a sure thing and predictable. Besides she might show me something new and make me change my mind.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #39
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
4 years of experience? try 3, 4 would be after this year and thats just talking about his time in the NFL. JC has only started 21 games, less then a season and a half. You cant tell me your considering carrying a clip board around the sidelines experience. You sound like a Giants fan talking about Eli 2 years ago, you might be in the wrong forum, check the url. This might be more suitable for you New York Giants Message Boards - Forums.

And no I would continue to date that girl for a year because its a sure thing and predictable. Besides she might show me something new and make me change my mind.
And you think that the fans was wrong for throwing stones at Eli? He had four good games last year. He led the lead in interceptions last year. All he had was a playoff run that was much like trent dilfer and the Ravens a few years back. Don't make mistakes and the defense will put you in position to win it. Even today he had happy feet. He's still the same Eli. As for Campbell it is what it is.. If you can play you can play and our boy is mediocre. And any idiot who will stay with a doomed relationship sounds like a loser. And my friend we should hold ourselves to an higher quality. We not just any team.
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #40
Special Teams
 
Dantheskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Good ol US of A
Age: 35
Posts: 110
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
LOL! You "fans" make me laugh!
How so? Is it the fact that we're(and yes I said WE) tired of such a once great franchise putting us thru year after year of garbage? Just because we don't coddle these men does not make me any less of a fan. I cheer my fuckin heart out for these guys and am sick and tired of having it ripped out by undereachieving. Sorry, I'm just sick of having my fanhood challenged when we suck it up and I comment on it. I'll be the first one to praise when it's warranted and I'll admit when I'm wrong, but let's not sugar coat it. We did not deserve to win tonight, nor have we deserved it in a while
__________________
No Comment
Dantheskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #41
Camp Scrub
 
21 Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Age: 30
Posts: 11
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

We have the players on both sides of the ball. Our time management on offense is crap. Running on a drive we need a TD, then an onside and atleast a FG to win? come on... time was running out! Second, run, run, run, run....isn't the west coast offense supposed to be lots of quick drop passing to open up the run...bullshit. Don't get me started on the first half defense.
21 Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
huntz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 311
Thumbs down Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Two words for this offensive display of ineptitude: GOD AWFUL!!!!
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,612
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

What's up with the thread title? How many months are "& months"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #44
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What's up with the thread title? How many months are "& months"

I think that it's supposed to read "I waited, and months for this crap" or something like that, but what do I know; I'm hungover?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #45
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: I waited & months for this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yes, there were mistakes made, but it's only one game and JZ's first game as a coach. If you guys were like this when Gibbs first coached you would have fired him already. Let's give Zorn a chance, some adjustments and changes need to be made. I think it was a mistake not to sign Deltha O'Neal or Ricky Manning jr.
I agree we shouldve tried to shore up the corners. Ours are always hurt, and suspect starters when they're healthy.

Are we really calling for GD colt brennan right now??!!?? Wow.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30329 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25