Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


It's one game, relax...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #61
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Agreed.

What bothered me the most is the playcalling, which made me think that JZ has no confidence in JC at all. Run, Run, pass. Sound familiar? That isn't West coast, last time I checked. It was as though after a terrible first series with a sack and batted ball and the G-men swarming on D, we went conservative in play calling. I kept yelling, "Just throw the damn ball." I was channeling Keyshawn, I guess. Most of the passes came in the last half (and last quarter) when we were playing catch up. Not a balanced attack, and the Giants knew it.
What frustrated me was JZ's response for not throwing enough to Cooley. He said on the two plays that he drew up for Cooley, they were offside penalties on both of them. ON THE TWO PLAYS TO COOLEY!? When did Cooley have only two passes in a regular season game? JZ better utilize Cooley, Betts and Sellers if he wants to keep his job. He minimized his chances after leaving them out of the playbook.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #62
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
What frustrated me was JZ's response for not throwing enough to Cooley. He said on the two plays that he drew up for Cooley, they were offside penalties on both of them. ON THE TWO PLAYS TO COOLEY!? When did Cooley have only two passes in a regular season game? JZ better utilize Cooley, Betts and Sellers if he wants to keep his job. He minimized his chances after leaving them out of the playbook.
Maybe JC decided because Cooley did NOT show up to play he did not bother to look his way ? I know it is just one game ,,, but Cooley did not attempt to block on several plays ,,, he should be ashamed of the effort he gave last night . CC is a great receiver , but he better watch CP and learn to block once in awhile !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #63
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,609
Re: It's one game, relax...

I do apologize for giving up on the season after week 1. Thing that really bothered me that every weakness CB, DL, OL weren't really addressed were actually still REAL weaknesses. Also the 4th quarter play calling and situational game plan (ie 5 mins 2 scores). JC locking in on a WR, telegraphing in his 4th year now. The time is now or never. I hope we play better in our home opener. Brees is a smart guy and Brunell is there to tell the Saints every thing he knows. If Springs plays and Rogers, Smoot play better we have a shot, but Saints will be another tough test. I'm disappointed in apparent weaknesses still being apparent weaknesses.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #64
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,609
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I want to be an optimist when it comes to my Redskins. But the truth is we have regressed. We were a playoff team last year, with a decent defense and an upcoming team. We have taken several steps backwards this year. Anyone that does not see that is not looking at the performance of the team on the field. Our defense is not nearly as good and disciplined in its play as it was last years.
The reality is DC Gregg Williams should have been named our head coach and Zorn our OC. But Snyder choose Cerratto over Williams, because Williams wanted Ceratto out as part of his deal of taking over for Gibbs. Plain and simple. So Snyder choose Cerrato over Williams.
IMO we lost in that exchange.
I still do not get the love Snyder has for Cerrato? What is it based on?
We give up on a coach (Williams) that year after year proven his worth on the field as a Redskins coach, for a guy (Ceratto) that has not PROVEN HIS WORTH as a Redskins talent evaluator.
Just my overall opinion of the state of the Redskins.
I hope I am wrong.
Unfortunately I TOTALLY AGREE with you! Williams has fire, integrity and is extremely qualified.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #65
Camp Scrub
 
Kope65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
What bothered me the most is the playcalling, which made me think that JZ has no confidence in JC at all. Run, Run, pass. Sound familiar? That isn't West coast, last time I checked. It was as though after a terrible first series with a sack and batted ball and the G-men swarming on D, we went conservative in play calling. I kept yelling, "Just throw the damn ball." I was channeling Keyshawn, I guess. Most of the passes came in the last half (and last quarter) when we were playing catch up. Not a balanced attack, and the Giants knew it.
On the play calling:

1. Zorn only has a certain amount of his offense in place, knows he has a good defense and special teams - so he does what any PRO coach would do: Plays field position and smart football until his O starts clicking. If anything his conservative playcalling makes me believe in Zorn more- he is here to win games not just run his system.

2. Situational play calling was ass in the second half (first half 2 min was perfect, score w/ little time left on the clock) - no reason for staying in the huddle and we wasted alot of time. This is where Zorn has to grow.
Kope65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #66
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoody85 View Post
If anyone keeps stats on DB's droping INT's, I would put money on carlos rodgers being in the top 3.
Smoot had a big one as well!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #67
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
I do apologize for giving up on the season after week 1. Thing that really bothered me that every weakness CB, DL, OL weren't really addressed were actually still REAL weaknesses. Also the 4th quarter play calling and situational game plan (ie 5 mins 2 scores). JC locking in on a WR, telegraphing in his 4th year now. The time is now or never. I hope we play better in our home opener. Brees is a smart guy and Brunell is there to tell the Saints every thing he knows. If Springs plays and Rogers, Smoot play better we have a shot, but Saints will be another tough test. I'm disappointed in apparent weaknesses still being apparent weaknesses.
I think we saw the o line is over the hill and not in a good way. They got push around by the Giants. Also we saw that JC isn't and may never be a very good QB. He lost on the field. If the a player isn't wide open he stops like a deer caught in head light! If these two things are going on I don't care who is calling the plays it not going to work! It's funny when most around football thought we will finish last in our divison and our QB rated c or less we say they don't know what they are talking about. We are going to see everyone we play come at us hard with pressure untill JC or who ever can make them pay big gainers with the short pass!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #68
Camp Scrub
 
Kope65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
Re: It's one game, relax...

After Watching the game this weekend I had two thoughts

1. The NFC Beast is very good

2. If the worst we play was thursday night then we will be fine.
Kope65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #69
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,612
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I want to be an optimist when it comes to my Redskins. But the truth is we have regressed. We were a playoff team last year, with a decent defense and an upcoming team. We have taken several steps backwards this year. Anyone that does not see that is not looking at the performance of the team on the field. Our defense is not nearly as good and disciplined in its play as it was last years.
The reality is DC Gregg Williams should have been named our head coach and Zorn our OC. But Snyder choose Cerratto over Williams, because Williams wanted Ceratto out as part of his deal of taking over for Gibbs. Plain and simple. So Snyder choose Cerrato over Williams.
IMO we lost in that exchange.
I still do not get the love Snyder has for Cerrato? What is it based on?
We give up on a coach (Williams) that year after year proven his worth on the field as a Redskins coach, for a guy (Ceratto) that has not PROVEN HIS WORTH as a Redskins talent evaluator.
Just my overall opinion of the state of the Redskins.
I hope I am wrong.
What has Williams proven as a head coach that Cerrato hasn't as a front office executive?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #70
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
What has Williams proven as a head coach that Cerrato hasn't as a front office executive?
excellent point....williams tanked as a head coach and nobody jumped on him this offseason. Cerrato has done a decent job, and i think it is a step in the right direction having a GM
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #71
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: It's one game, relax...

i just watched indy lose... what a horrible team... that peyton guy can't play. i hope they cut him and fire the coach.

seriously, i waited 4 months for this?

/rant
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #72
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: It's one game, relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
I think we saw the o line is over the hill and not in a good way. They got push around by the Giants. Also we saw that JC isn't and may never be a very good QB. He lost on the field. If the a player isn't wide open he stops like a deer caught in head light! If these two things are going on I don't care who is calling the plays it not going to work! It's funny when most around football thought we will finish last in our divison and our QB rated c or less we say they don't know what they are talking about. We are going to see everyone we play come at us hard with pressure untill JC or who ever can make them pay big gainers with the short pass!
Wow! That is really hard to read.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30226 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25