Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Looking ahead to the Saints

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
All I know is we need Springs back for this one and he better be ready. The Saints are going to try to air it out all day, and like the Giants the Saints have their own big physical WR who can muscle around cornerbacks in Colston. And let's not forget about Shockey working the middle and Bush coming out of the backfield.

A big key to this game for us along with Springs is Jason Taylor. He should be much closer to 100% than he was last week. We really need him and AC to bring the heat this week.
Our DE's were exposed in the run game last week and I think we'll see NO run a balanced attack. They'd be stupid to sit back and throw it all day.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
i am really looking forward too matching up with yall.

as for the saints defense don't expect too see the same old sucky no emotion defense. the additions of vilma, mccray, ellis, and others have been huge and all bring some nastiest to our defense.

as for the saints secondary they looked fantastic yesterday, paired with the fact that we were in garcias face all day yesterday, our corners were glued to there recievers all day. forcing some pass deflections and such. and the thing that gets me excited is that our 2 starting corners didn't even play. garcia threw for 221 yards on 24 completions. he threw the ball 41 times.

i'm not worried about yall running the ball play after play. it's the fact that the saints seem to give up long runs, not too often but it happens. it seems like we hold the rb too like 2 or 3 yards a carry and then he breaks a 30 yarder. so with yall having a very good backfield in betts and portis that's what im the most worried about.

expect too see the same old saints offense, but now with a 5 or 6 ypc runner in pierre thomas. the saints will get there 250-300 yards passing as they do so often. but now we have that rushing weapon in thomas. and of course there is reggie bush who will get his carries and receptions. he has breakaway potential everytime he touches the football. oh and don't forget about that brand new addition in jeremy shockey who showed up big for the saints on 3rd downs.
Still the Bucs were in the game the whole time and the game went down to the wire.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Welcome NOLAFan33... Check out User CP to get your Saints avatar.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
nolafan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Welcome NOLAFan33... Check out User CP to get your Saints avatar.
already got it lol

that's very cool of yall to have all those avatars of the different teams. i'm a member of many sites and don't see that kind of thing often.
nolafan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Our DE's were exposed in the run game last week and I think we'll see NO run a balanced attack. They'd be stupid to sit back and throw it all day.
They don't have the same kind of physical ground game that the Giants do. Their bread and butter is the passing game. I'm not overly concerned with them running, I think we can shut them down in that area but the passing game concerns me, especially if Springs isn't healthy. They've got weapons all over the place through the air.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
already got it lol

that's very cool of yall to have all those avatars of the different teams. i'm a member of many sites and don't see that kind of thing often.
Welcome to the board
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
Camp Scrub
 
nolafan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
They don't have the same kind of physical ground game that the Giants do. Their bread and butter is the passing game. I'm not overly concerned with them running, I think we can shut them down in that area but the passing game concerns me, especially if Springs isn't healthy. They've got weapons all over the place through the air.
i think yall will need to gameplan for pierre thomas. yall will be very suprised by the kid. imo he's by far the best runner the saints have. one, or even two guys won't bring him down. he isn't that big but he's very strong and has speed.

and thanks for the welcome matty
nolafan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Brees is the scariest player on that team. I always think of him as a more talented version of Doug Flutie.

I can't disagree too much with what everyone has already said, Springs is going to need to suit up for this one as Smoot will get eaten alive by the Saints' receivers. I'm not sure that I buy into N.O.'s improved secondary. If you're telling me the same cast of characters from last year were missing the top two off of their depth chart and played great... well... I'll have to see it to believe it. I like the Saints and usually root for them to win, but not this week. I'm hoping to see JC get a confidence boost from a suspect secondary.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #24
Camp Scrub
 
skins6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Run the ball allday against Saints--mix in some play action--Springs will be back so secondary will be improved--the "D" will have no less than 4 sacks of Brees--end of day Skins will have a solid win.
skins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

"yall" has already gotten old.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #26
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
i think yall will need to gameplan for pierre thomas. yall will be very suprised by the kid. imo he's by far the best runner the saints have. one, or even two guys won't bring him down. he isn't that big but he's very strong and has speed.

and thanks for the welcome matty
Our gameplan is to send him back to France where he belongs. He needs to ask Chad Johnson for the number to the name change because guys named Pierre don't last long in the NFL.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #27
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,444
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Brees is going to kill anyone if he has time. JT and AC need to get in his face early and often for use to have a chance.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

I agree with Nolafan about Pierre Thomas. He should be the everydown back for the Saints (until/unless Deuce can prove he's fully healthy again). His straight ahead running style is a good complement to Bush's in the open field, playmaking ability.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

pressure, getting cooley involved and not so conservative on the play calling
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #30
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,025
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
i am really looking forward too matching up with yall.

as for the saints defense don't expect too see the same old sucky no emotion defense. the additions of vilma, mccray, ellis, and others have been huge and all bring some nastiest to our defense.

as for the saints secondary they looked fantastic yesterday, paired with the fact that we were in garcias face all day yesterday, our corners were glued to there recievers all day. forcing some pass deflections and such. and the thing that gets me excited is that our 2 starting corners didn't even play. garcia threw for 221 yards on 24 completions. he threw the ball 41 times.

i'm not worried about yall running the ball play after play. it's the fact that the saints seem to give up long runs, not too often but it happens. it seems like we hold the rb too like 2 or 3 yards a carry and then he breaks a 30 yarder. so with yall having a very good backfield in betts and portis that's what im the most worried about.

expect too see the same old saints offense, but now with a 5 or 6 ypc runner in pierre thomas. the saints will get there 250-300 yards passing as they do so often. but now we have that rushing weapon in thomas. and of course there is reggie bush who will get his carries and receptions. he has breakaway potential everytime he touches the football. oh and don't forget about that brand new addition in jeremy shockey who showed up big for the saints on 3rd downs.
I saw the whole NO/TB game and came away with a different impression. The Saints offense looked hot. But it actually did not do a whole lot if you take out the big plays. That is, the Skins need to make the Saints offense earn its yards, rather than getting big plays, and everything will be ok.

I was unimpressed by the NO defense. They did get some good pressure on Garcia. But Tampa was still able to move the ball well. This was due in part because Tampa averaged over 7 yards per rush. Hello Clinton Portis!
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28347 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25