Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Looking ahead to the Saints

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
Camp Scrub
 
nolafan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I agree with Nolafan about Pierre Thomas. He should be the everydown back for the Saints (until/unless Deuce can prove he's fully healthy again). His straight ahead running style is a good complement to Bush's in the open field, playmaking ability.
exactly, and now he is. instead of deuce/reggie, this year it will be pierre/reggie.

say all yall want about him, i know half of yall don't even know who he is. and i'm not here to talk trash, i'm here to get some good saints-redskins talk and give yall a good breakdown on the saints.

but i am here too say that if yall don't gameplan to stop pierre then he will torch yall. 2 defenders can't bring him down. he gets hit and he keeps going. he is the only rb in saints history too have 100 yards rushing and recieving in the same game.
nolafan33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
KWilly_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 17
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

First off let me say this...I think the Redskins will come out and have one hell of a showing against the Saints. They got killed in NY and made themselves look like a group of pussys out there. Yet I am still holding on to the fact that Shawn Springs is the most worthless player on this team. All of you holding on to hope he will play a large role this season can forget it. He got kicked in the leg, and it kept him out of the game? Hummm sounds like the same old Springs from that last 4 years. For god sakes people, Riggo would come off the field will blood running down his arms and turn around and rush for more yards. Springs is just out there for money, and too look pretty. If he played on Thursday the outcome may have been different, because CR was getting worked. Why Springs is still on this team I'll never understand, and there is a reason Gibbs was trying to shop him around last season.
__________________
God Bless Joe Gibbs
KWilly_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,569
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I saw the whole NO/TB game and came away with a different impression. The Saints offense looked hot. But it actually did not do a whole lot if you take out the big plays. That is, the Skins need to make the Saints offense earn its yards, rather than getting big plays, and everything will be ok.

I was unimpressed by the NO defense. They did get some good pressure on Garcia. But Tampa was still able to move the ball well. This was due in part because Tampa averaged over 7 yards per rush. Hello Clinton Portis!
good post lotus and welcome aboard aswell buddy!!

go skins!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #34
Camp Scrub
 
hucapn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Let's be crystal clear right now. IF THE REDSKINS CONTINUE TO PLAY AS THEY HAVE THE LAST MONTH, WE WILL NOT WIN A GAME.
Now, as for the Saints, we will see Marques Colston playing a very similar role to Burress. Carlos Rogers will once again have to prove to me that he is more than a combine all-star and physical specimen. Speed and ability does nothing at the NFL level if you can't see what's going on before the snap.
Drew Brees is dangerous and if he has time we are in trouble because they have TONS of speed and talent catching the ball. Shockey will kill us just like he did in NY. Henderson and Meachem are dangerous too and I have said from the jump that Reed "What did you say" Doughty is a liability around anyone with talent on offense. Springs is nicked up and so is smoot.
THAT'S JUST DEFENSE. Not even speaking of Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas. (don't be shocked if Thomas has a great game either)
On offense, we stink. We need to play up to the Saints as if they are better than us because they are right now. They have two NASTY defensive ends who will get pressure on Campbell who apparently doesn't need pressure to throw bad passes anyway. Our only real hope is to spread the field, run Portis on some counters, delays and screens hoping that that will open up play passes or pump and gos.
hucapn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #35
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucapn View Post
Let's be crystal clear right now. IF THE REDSKINS CONTINUE TO PLAY AS THEY HAVE THE LAST MONTH, WE WILL NOT WIN A GAME.
Now, as for the Saints, we will see Marques Colston playing a very similar role to Burress. Carlos Rogers will once again have to prove to me that he is more than a combine all-star and physical specimen. Speed and ability does nothing at the NFL level if you can't see what's going on before the snap.
Drew Brees is dangerous and if he has time we are in trouble because they have TONS of speed and talent catching the ball. Shockey will kill us just like he did in NY. Henderson and Meachem are dangerous too and I have said from the jump that Reed "What did you say" Doughty is a liability around anyone with talent on offense. Springs is nicked up and so is smoot.
THAT'S JUST DEFENSE. Not even speaking of Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas. (don't be shocked if Thomas has a great game either)
On offense, we stink. We need to play up to the Saints as if they are better than us because they are right now. They have two NASTY defensive ends who will get pressure on Campbell who apparently doesn't need pressure to throw bad passes anyway. Our only real hope is to spread the field, run Portis on some counters, delays and screens hoping that that will open up play passes or pump and gos.
Well f**K it. Why should we even show up?
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

I'm sure the Saints have improved but I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. We get our first win Sunday. I'm looking for our defense to play very physical after what happened in New York and our o-line will redeem themselves. I also expect Kelly to contribute. If they concentrate on Portis like I think they will, look for our passing game to open up. I think the Giants are better than the Saints. One win does not make a season just like one loss does'nt. For those of you fortunate enough to attend the game...ROCK THE HOUSE! We are pissed and we are going to play mean!
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #37
Special Teams
 
MPNRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Age: 37
Posts: 237
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

If they do the same thing this week as they did last week and the last two preseason games, it's going to be a very long season. I have faith they can turn it around, but they cannot be as predictable as they were last week. I hope they have a sense of urgency this week when it's crunch time and not run the ball.
__________________
Let's Go Redskins!!! R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21
MPNRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #38
Camp Scrub
 
KWilly_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 17
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Well I guess the Colts season is done too people. Manning only threw one TD and they lost big to the Bears. Indy should pack it up and call it a season, and get ready for the draft. Sounds kinda the same doesn't it "Skins Fans"? Oh man I cant wait to get up to FedEx on Sunday and listen to people boo the team, because thats what they need. People who boo need to get hit in the face with a hammer.
__________________
God Bless Joe Gibbs
KWilly_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #39
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

ehh you cant blame fans..they need SOMETHING to give them hope. So far the pathetic showing that is our offense has given people reason to be upset. There has to be some potential to imbibe patience. I think we will have a better game this week. The saints are a hot team but so much changes week to week in the nfl. All we can do as skins fans is just hope somehow zorn can right this ship!
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWilly_2003 View Post
Well I guess the Colts season is done too people. Manning only threw one TD and they lost big to the Bears. Indy should pack it up and call it a season, and get ready for the draft. Sounds kinda the same doesn't it "Skins Fans"? Oh man I cant wait to get up to FedEx on Sunday and listen to people boo the team, because thats what they need. People who boo need to get hit in the face with a hammer.

Seriously what's with all the aggression? Let's look at some of your comments recently

"People who boo need to get hit in the face with a hammer."

"I wanted to see his leg snap in half"

"I'm pissed Tom Brady's leg didn't snap in half"

"Those people need to get hit by a bus"

I mean I agree with you that people are jumping the gun, but damn...
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #41
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,976
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
"yall" has already gotten old.
nothing wrong with saying yall.
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
KWilly_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 17
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

SmootSmack, I'm not saying anything out of line. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was over joyful to see Tommy go down yesterday. That is what they get for last season, blowing people out and making a joke of a HOF coach in Joe Gibbs. And about the fans...SmootSmack I don't know if you have season tickets to the skins, but I do. They have been in my family for over 50 years, and the trash I see up there makes me sick. They boo Gibbs, they boo JC, and they boo Zorn. The last thing anyone would need when they are down is a good booing! I know there are "real" skins fans out there that know and understand football. Washington has one of the smartest fans in the world, and we have one hell of a HOF coach to thank for some of that. I learned a lot from coach Gibbs, and the number one thing I learned was to ride out the storm. Don't jump the gun, and good things will happen. So yea maybe I do get a little aggresive, I just love my team more than anything else and hate when people that know little bash them. We as skins fans are better than that, and I hope that they cheer their faces off sunday just like me.
__________________
God Bless Joe Gibbs
KWilly_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #43
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,450
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
This is to state the obvious, but: we need to score some points!
THAT is a nice simple plan.......that works
Our D held the world champs to 16 last week. Our offense has no excuse not to win every game in that position
HTTR
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

As has been said, we need a big time of possession advantage in this one. The Saints are a big play team, 3 TD over 40 yards yesterday I believe, so we've got to limit their chances to make the big strike..

With Bush, it's going to be imperative for our LB and safeties to take proper tackling angles. Doughty and McIntosh can't overshoot because Bush will be long gone if they do..

I'm glad it's on grass and not turf also.. Let's hope for a nasty weather system to get parked right over the stadium for about 3 hours on Sunday!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #45
Camp Scrub
 
KWilly_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 17
Re: Looking ahead to the Saints

Im sorry, but until our rookie WRs come into their own...we will have to rely on what seems to be the old Gibbs run style for CP. It is kinda sad, bc Zorn wants to put in his westcoast off. but cant because we really dont have the WR core to do so. That means lots and lots of CP. Sadly the westcoast uses the pass to set up the run, but the skins seem to be doing it the other way around. They need to get CP to the outside and get large chunks of yards. Then rely on play action. Then and hopefuly once the Def. backs off some, Zorn can set out to do what he wants to.
__________________
God Bless Joe Gibbs
KWilly_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31401 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25