Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL week 2

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #91
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
he's a really good ref too.he messes up 1 time,and he gets shit on forever.i saw those guys last night miss at least 2 holding calls,2 face mask calls,not to mention the guy spiking the ball early call.they blew that play dead too.ray charles can call better games than most of those refs,and he's been dead two years on top of being blind while hee was alive!!!!
I agree...he is a good ref. I am getting a little annoyed about the talk (speculation) that he could be released at the end of the year. I understand the grading system, and the "possibility" of him not doing the playoffs this year, but don't get rid of the man due to one mistake. That's stupid. I hope the NFL is not that dumb.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #92
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
N.O vs Was offensive show like I said a lot of back and forward N.O dominated almost the whole game, lost the lead, took it back, lost it again to take it back and lost it and never took it back with 3 minutes left great exiting game.
what the hell u talking about willis,NO dominated the game? we almost doubled their yardage,led in time of posession by almost 10 minutes,and they had a punt return for a td,how is that dominating the whole game?
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #93
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Around the NFL week 2

LOL there was no domination by the Saints, we out gained them in yardage 455-250.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #94
Registered User
 
johnerotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: commonwealth of va
Posts: 795
Re: Around the NFL week 2

reggie bush dominated on drawing stupid penalties!
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #95
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
he's a really good ref too.he messes up 1 time,and he gets shit on forever.i saw those guys last night miss at least 2 holding calls,2 face mask calls,not to mention the guy spiking the ball early call.they blew that play dead too.ray charles can call better games than most of those refs,and he's been dead two years on top of being blind while hee was alive!!!!
apparently this isnt the only time he's messed up

JERRY JONES SAY HOCHULI IS “HIGHLY CRITICIZED”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2008, 9:36 p.m.
Although the general action in media and fan circles seems to be that referee Ed Hochuli deserves a break despite his badly blown call in Sunday’s game between the Chargers and the Broncos, our own MDS has pointed out that one of the league’s most influential owners is singing a different tune.

“That particular official gets a lot of criticism,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said.

Ouch.

“He’s a highly criticized official in the NFL.”

Double ouch.

If Hochuli has that reputation in league circles, that reputation has never made its way outside of league circles. Until now.

But don’t look for Jones to be fined for his comments. As NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us on Monday, fines are imposed only when criticizes the integrity of officiating. In this case, Jones is simply saying that Hochuli gets criticized a lot.

In other words, Jones isn’t questioning Hochuli’s integrity — he’s criticizing his ability.
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #96
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Actually, if you watch the replay Adam Jones turned out of the end zone and was running to recover the "fumble" but the ref blew the whistle indicating the play was over and signaled touchdown. Jones was the one who pleaded with the coach to initiate the challenge.
He better be careful, his parole officer is probably required to attend all games to keep an eye on him.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #97
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoutlaws2006 View Post
and can westbrook stay healthy?....that team wins and loses with the health of mcnabb and westbrook.

bith statements are true that team it's totally linked to the health of their QB and RB as good as they're as far as they'll go
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: Around the NFL week 2

came on here to harp about the poor officiating weve been witnessing so far but you all are already on top of it.

Dboyz did you watch the game or are you just hatin? im starting to think you need to shove off to a cowboys forum . . take a lesson from sandtrap, as a fan poster of the boys you need to post intelligent and not biased against the skins just to try and bash us.

go skins!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #99
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
he's a really good ref too.he messes up 1 time,and he gets shit on forever.i saw those guys last night miss at least 2 holding calls,2 face mask calls,not to mention the guy spiking the ball early call.they blew that play dead too.ray charles can call better games than most of those refs,and he's been dead two years on top of being blind while hee was alive!!!!
There were to many Blown calls in that game

Eagles
A face Mask on Westbrook early on the game huge facemask

Dallas
The Pass Int call was bull the eagles player hold henry Jersey and pulled him to him, Henry never touched the guy it was a great play by the Eagles player to confuse the Ref but still a blown call.

A holding call on Mike Jenkis in Westbrook TD the ref was Right there and he didn't call it the same ref had 2 blocks in the back one in a kick return and another in a big run by westbrook that he didn't call.

In the 2 facemask called on Westbrook he was also grabbing and pulling the defenders facemask they're supposed to call those now and still they don't do.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #100
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
came on here to harp about the poor officiating weve been witnessing so far but you all are already on top of it.

Dboyz did you watch the game or are you just hatin? im starting to think you need to shove off to a cowboys forum . . take a lesson from sandtrap, as a fan poster of the boys you need to post intelligent and not biased against the skins just to try and bash us.

go skins!
man I'm not bashing and yes I watched the whole game always do yes Washington had more yards and had better plays but N.O controled the score for most of the game that's what I tried to say they had the lead for almost the whole second half.

It was a great game and I've giving your team it props in many threads since the game happened it was a very exiting game and like I said Moss showed the player he used to have and the offense look explosive like it should with so many offensive weapons.

The defense got better as the game passed and dominated the whole 4th quarter and it's the big reason you won that game they played top level when you needed.

I think I'm a very fair poster here and have proved it for many years
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: Around the NFL week 2

^^ yeah im sorry Dboyz, again i put my foot in my mouth. you are a good poster, just over reacted to your assesment that the saints dominated us. its not my job to say who can and cant post or what their posts should say, its just hard to not let the rivalry cloud my posts sometimes. again sorry, i take skins football way to serious sometimes and am still alil heated from a verbal match with a boys fan that almost turned voilent last week. lol good thing off duty cops who wear boys gear from head to toe dont overreact and try to fight you when you give them the double thumbs down!! (sarcasm, off duty cop in all boys gear did try to fight me cuz i gave him thumbs down)

go skins!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #102
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Around the NFL week 2

yeah don't worry man I think most of all blogger take football in general a little to serious we love the game, love our teams and love to defend our colors. I try to be unbiased in my post in general because I love football more than the Cowboys and I always want to see the great teams and great games.

For me this was one of the best weekends of football I've ever seen I usually see 6 games at once and this week you should had seen me screaming at all 6 TV's so many great games people in the sportsbook didn't knew who I was rooting for and I was man I'm just enjoying some freaking good games my team doesn't even play today and shit.(and making money of them at the same time)

Love football, love watching it, reading about it, study it, played my whole life can't stop now
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #103
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
yeah don't worry man I think most of all blogger take football in general a little to serious we love the game, love our teams and love to defend our colors. I try to be unbiased in my post in general because I love football more than the Cowboys and I always want to see the great teams and great games.

For me this was one of the best weekends of football I've ever seen I usually see 6 games at once and this week you should had seen me screaming at all 6 TV's so many great games people in the sportsbook didn't knew who I was rooting for and I was man I'm just enjoying some freaking good games my team doesn't even play today and shit.(and making money of them at the same time)

Love football, love watching it, reading about it, study it, played my whole life can't stop now
you live in Vegas?
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #104
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
apparently this isnt the only time he's messed up

JERRY JONES SAY HOCHULI IS “HIGHLY CRITICIZED”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2008, 9:36 p.m.
Although the general action in media and fan circles seems to be that referee Ed Hochuli deserves a break despite his badly blown call in Sunday’s game between the Chargers and the Broncos, our own MDS has pointed out that one of the league’s most influential owners is singing a different tune.

“That particular official gets a lot of criticism,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said.

Ouch.

“He’s a highly criticized official in the NFL.”

Double ouch.

If Hochuli has that reputation in league circles, that reputation has never made its way outside of league circles. Until now.

But don’t look for Jones to be fined for his comments. As NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us on Monday, fines are imposed only when criticizes the integrity of officiating. In this case, Jones is simply saying that Hochuli gets criticized a lot.

In other words, Jones isn’t questioning Hochuli’s integrity — he’s criticizing his ability.
Funny how the owners don't criticize the rules. In situations like the one at the SD/Denver games, questionable calls (no matter what) should be subject to instant replay review.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #105
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Around the NFL week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
man I'm not bashing and yes I watched the whole game always do yes Washington had more yards and had better plays but N.O controled the score for most of the game that's what I tried to say they had the lead for almost the whole second half.

It was a great game and I've giving your team it props in many threads since the game happened it was a very exiting game and like I said Moss showed the player he used to have and the offense look explosive like it should with so many offensive weapons.

The defense got better as the game passed and dominated the whole 4th quarter and it's the big reason you won that game they played top level when you needed.

I think I'm a very fair poster here and have proved it for many years
The lead changed hands 7 times. THEIR coach said they were FORTUNATE to have the lead at halftime. We had 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery. We had a ton more yardage than they did. And yet you say they dominated. You said in another post that we did'nt have a good defense and we would lose. It's not that I dislike you because you're a cowgirl fan, I just don't think you know what the h*** you're talking about. You say you're not biased but then you say N.O. dominated the game when the facts don't back it up. You're a trip dude.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34976 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25