Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #46
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,425
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
What has doughty done to prove that he should start over Horton? All he does is tackles 10 yards after the line of scrimmage and blitzes which reminds me of AA. The bottom line is Doughty has had numerous oppurtunities to make plays and he HAS NOT!! HORTON STEPS IN MAKES TWO INTS, recovers a fumble and some good tackles in 1 GAME. Dude, Doughty had 4 games (last year) and preseason and he has done nothing, so yes I want Doughty replaced.
So are you saying that Horton's going to have 30 int's by the end of the regular season? It's one game and Horton proved that he's better then a stripper. With every Doughty doubter I've debated it with the main argument seems to revolve around Doughty not having enough highlights.

The coaches have constantly gone on record as to say that Doughty rarely made mistakes and he's played more then 1 game and 4 preseason contest, unless you want to argue Doughty in Blache's scheme. The scoreboard from games where Doughty started is in part evidence of this point. His numbers, as I've said before, are also very comprable to the numbers Landry put up at the start of the year when he was playing SS.

Either way Doughty has proven himself as an NFL level starter. On the other hand Horton proved today though that we MIGHT have someone special. Therefore I give the edge to Horton.

However to say that Doughty has done nothing with the playing time he's been given is a strawman argument.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #47
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,441
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Being at the right place at the right time is what playing defense is all about Matty. Not to mention Horton actually CAUGHT the interceptions, something that we haven't been able to do a lot.
I agree, but I just think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

If Doughty had caught the two tipped INTs for some reason I think that people would be using that more to downplay the performance, but with Horton he's being crowned a "ballhawk". I just want to see a bit more of him before I'm comfortable saying he's the better option than Doughty.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 09-14-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

I would say his plays weren't spectacular they had spectacular impact (Riggins quote from after the game). We'll see how he grades out but he certainly played like a demon today. He is still a rookie and probably blew some stuff we didn't know about but to have two guys be able to play the position is promising
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #49
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,425
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Double Post
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #50
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I agree, but I just think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.

If Doughty had caught the two tipped INTs for some reason I think that people would be using that more to downplay the performance, but with Horton he's being crowed a "ballhawk". I just want to see a bit more of him before I'm comfortable saying he's the better option than Doughty.
not just the int's or the fumble recovery, but he was cutting through the line and playing run support like beast all game. I don't know if hes going to be the next brian dawkins but the kids had a great preseason and had a hell of a first game...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #51
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,484
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Don't crap on Doughtry so quickly. I think Horton had a heck of a game and I think he just might be a great player some day, but he's still a rookie. Not every game is going to be this glamorous. Let him get burned once and we'll be calling for his head.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #52
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Don't crap on Doughtry so quickly. I think Horton had a heck of a game and I think he just might be a great player some day, but he's still a rookie. Not every game is going to be this glamorous. Let him get burned once and we'll be calling for his head.
Rookie doesn't necessarily mean bad. He still needs to start to see what he's capable of. No doubt he will eat his share of crow throughout the season but why put the guy back on the bench coming off a hot streak?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #53
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
So are you saying that Horton's going to have 30 int's by the end of the regular season? It's one game and Horton proved that he's better then a stripper. With every Doughty doubter I've debated it with the main argument seems to revolve around Doughty not having enough highlights.

The coaches have constantly gone on record as to say that Doughty rarely made mistakes and he's played more then 1 game and 4 preseason contest, unless you want to argue Doughty in Blache's scheme. The scoreboard from games where Doughty started is in part evidence of this point. His numbers, as I've said before, are also very comprable to the numbers Landry put up at the start of the year when he was playing SS.

Either way Doughty has proven himself as an NFL level starter. On the other hand Horton proved today though that we MIGHT have someone special. Therefore I give the edge to Horton.

However to say that Doughty has done nothing with the playing time he's been given is a strawman argument.
if anyone doughty's proven he's not an nfl starter. he's an nfl backup that can start if you don't have a better option.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
Lilman52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 25
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Yea Horton looked like he belonged out on the field. But the problem I see is with most NFL teams, they will 90% of the time always go back and give it to the vet. Doughty should be sitting on the pine for atleast another week and see how Horton does.
Lilman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #55
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

I want to point out that Horton played quite a bit against the Giants. He was coming in for Doughty in passing situations. I was surprised by this, because earlier that week Blache told reporters that he did not want any rookie contributions just yet. So, I dont think that Horton will completely replace Doughty just yet, but he is well on his way.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #56
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,484
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Rookie doesn't necessarily mean bad. He still needs to start to see what he's capable of. No doubt he will eat his share of crow throughout the season but why put the guy back on the bench coming off a hot streak?
Never said rookie = bad, but I'm not ready to bench Doughtry just yet. There should definitely be a good mix of both because Doughtry has been a pretty solid ball player for the Redskins.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,441
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

I'm feeling an official fan-crush on Horton coming on.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #58
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Never said rookie = bad, but I'm not ready to bench Doughtry just yet. There should definitely be a good mix of both because Doughtry has been a pretty solid ball player for the Redskins.
Any relation to Chris Daughtry?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #59
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Any relation to Chris Daughtry?
Yes, they're cousins.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #60
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Goodbye Doughty, Hello Horton!

Doughty and Horton will probably share time at safety. Horton's playing time will probably be increased after this performance, but I don't think Doughty will be completely phased out of the defense.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32781 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25