Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brock Lesnar

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Brock Lesnar

So is this a sign that WWE star Lesnar has indeed made an NFL roster?

http://vikingmerchandise.com/vikings...9&cat=9&page=2

or is it just a shrewd marketing move?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
So is this a sign that WWE star Lesnar has indeed made an NFL roster?

http://vikingmerchandise.com/vikings...9&cat=9&page=2

or is it just a shrewd marketing move?
I'll go with B.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
Shrewd? How many more people are going to watch the Vikings because they have a wrassler sitting on the bench? It would be a meathead move by Tice if he kept Lesnar for any reason other than his ability to stop the run.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Supposedly word is that he will not make the roster and is not likely to grab a practice squad spot. The dirt on him has been that he obviously has exceptional athletic skills and good size and speed but he is struggling on the finer points like technique(as should be expected). Apparently he made tons of progress early on but is now sorta stuck making the same mistakes repeatedly. He definitly WILL NOT make the roster.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,792
I thought I heard he was already cut.

I doubt he'll even make a practice squad, but we'll see.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
Shrewd? How many more people are going to watch the Vikings because they have a wrassler sitting on the bench? It would be a meathead move by Tice if he kept Lesnar for any reason other than his ability to stop the run.
I guess I should clarify. I didn't mean shrewd to keep Lesnar on the roster. I meant shrewd to sell his jersey now while he's still technically on the team and make some money. He may not necessarily appeal to Vikings fans but he must to the thousands of WWE fans out there right? I don't really know seeing as to how I don't follow the WWE
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I guess I should clarify. I didn't mean shrewd to keep Lesnar on the roster. I meant shrewd to sell his jersey now while he's still technically on the team and make some money. He may not necessarily appeal to Vikings fans but he must to the thousands of WWE fans out there right? I don't really know seeing as to how I don't follow the WWE
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.
There are some ignorant people out there man........
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:39 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
rickmmrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.
My daughters a big WWE fan and let me tell you if they like Lesnar they will by it.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:09 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
There are some ignorant people out there man........
Ignorant?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
EEich:

Why would anyone want to wear a jersey with a benchwarmer's name on it?

I know it is impolite to answer a question with a question, so please forgive me this one time:

Why do we have an Ade Jimoh Fan Club?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:23 PM   #12
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Let's be honest here. There is a difference between a true bench-warmer and bench-warmer that has a level of celebrity that of Brock Lesnar's. There is a siginificant wrestling following here and in Canada (close to Minnesota) and I imagine they'll sell a boatload of these.

You think they'll have a Deion jersey when he makes his comeback? I bet they will and then we'll need to ask why they have a jersey for a slow-ass, no-tackle, show-boat nickleback who probably will get torched.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
EEich:

Why would anyone want to wear a jersey with a benchwarmer's name on it?

I know it is impolite to answer a question with a question, so please forgive me this one time:

Why do we have an Ade Jimoh Fan Club?
I guess the difference would be no one forked over any money to start the fan club...now if they bought a Jimoh jersey that would be another story altogether. Something tells me we won't be seeing any Jimoh jerseys any time soon though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #14
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Crofton, MD
Age: 44
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
EEich:

Why would anyone want to wear a jersey with a benchwarmer's name on it?
Did they sell Michael Jordan baseball jerseys? I bet they did, and people bought them. People who are big fans of this guy in the WWE will buy them, if only for memorabilia.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #15
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Lesnar got released today, so theres your awnser.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26491 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25