Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Redskins vs. Cardinals: who will win the game?
Redskins 113 94.96%
Cardinals 6 5.04%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #31
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

I sense a let down but I'm still gonna go with the Skins. You know they always f'up the easy ones.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #32
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,488
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Since Aeneas Williams left the Cardinals... the Redskins are 5-0 against them.

Trend continues... Skins 34 - Cards 24
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #33
The Starter
 
Riggo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Clemente CA
Age: 40
Posts: 2,389
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Washington-24
Arizona-14
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Riggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #34
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Dating back to the entire second half of last season, Kurt Warner has been on fire. I can see Arizona scoring 21-24 points on us. I think Boldin and Fitzgerald are each good for a TD, maybe Hightower gets one on a goal-line run, and Rackers is a very good kicker. I think they'll be almost all pass against us. If we can bottle up Reggie Bush in the run game, we can damn sure contain Edgerrin James.

The question is can the offense continue to progress? We got chunks of yards against a rookie corner in his first road game last weekend, and the rest of their secondary was pretty banged up. Arizona has Rolle (who apparently is meshing well with the safety position) Rogers-Cromartie, and Adrian Wilson. They aren't an excellent secondary, but they're a helluva lot better than what we faced last weekend.

In the end I think we'll manage 3 TDs, probaby 2 in the air and 1 on the ground. A few drives will stall out again, netting 1 or 2 FGs. Overall we play well, but don't look as good as last weekend.

If we can rattle warner with a good pass rush from AC and JT and force a few errant throws and/or fumbles, maybe we break 30 points.

I say 27-24 Redskins.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #35
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,772
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Skins 24
Cards 17
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21
Umm, nooo?? Not anymore, we are a sound team and we arent going to lose to someone like the cardinals or the raiders or the rams anymore. We have the type of talent that exploits mismatches and we are going to dominate this game. Portis always plays big against the cards and last year we would have tore them up if gibbs didnt do the conservative playcalling and then they almost came back, but thats not going to happen again. Our defense will put them away after our offense tears them up. Our offense is going to build off last weeks win and we will see the team start to gel better. Then teams better watch out

When was the last time we lost to a garbage team?? in 04-05 when we lost to the raiders?
You are so quick to dismiss the Cards, yet they are 2-0. Granted, they played SF and Miami, but SF did beat Seattle last week. They have 2 of the league's top receivers, and now that they have a decent O-Line, Warner has time to find them. A sound team does not look like they did against the Giants. While we're getting there, and you have great confidence, I would not look past the Cards. They are certainly much better than the Raiders and Rams you compare them to.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #37
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
Umm, nooo?? Not anymore, we are a sound team and we arent going to lose to someone like the cardinals or the raiders or the rams anymore. We have the type of talent that exploits mismatches and we are going to dominate this game. Portis always plays big against the cards and last year we would have tore them up if gibbs didnt do the conservative playcalling and then they almost came back, but thats not going to happen again. Our defense will put them away after our offense tears them up. Our offense is going to build off last weeks win and we will see the team start to gel better. Then teams better watch out

When was the last time we lost to a garbage team?? in 04-05 when we lost to the raiders?
Well, we got beaten by double digits by the Falcons in '06, but anyway, why is Arizona a garbage team? They went 5-3 in the second half of last season and could have been a playoff team if they didn't start the season with Leinart at QB. Plus they've won 4 in a row dating back to last year. So we've got a team coming in this week that's won 7 outta their last 10 regular season games, and has a sick passing attack. Nobody thought New Orleans was garbage coming in last week. Funny, since they've now lost 3 out of their last 4 regular season games and had a worse record than AZ last year. Hmmmmm....
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #38
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
yes, and i will continue to dismiss the cardinals until they can beat us or until they can prove they are a good team.. IM not convinced they are good by beating the 49ers and the miami dolphins, give me a break.. And you saw the 49ers beat seattle?? are you serious??? MAtt Hassellbeck is injured and they have NO WEAPONS! so, end that talk, the seattle seahawks are not the same team we have faced in the past, if they were even half that team, the 49ers wouldnt have won. PLUs we are at home, and we are coming off a hot game.. They have a veryyy easy schedule, and im sorry but im not affraid of the cards.. We are a sound team guy, we have all our players we have had from last year and every team in the nfl has a bad game, hat was ours.. You are telling me the gians last year werent sound?? they were 0-2 and played us and beat us and we were 2-0.. your theory means nothing but good try mr.football

lol



oh yeah, i wanted to remind you that the lions have 2 of the gmaes best WR's too, but we stomped the dogpiss out of them last year, and we also beat the cardinals, and until late, we were winning by alot.. joe gibbs started with the vanilla play calling and trying to just hold on to the win instead of trying to keep scoring.. we arent gonna make that same mistake guy, trust me.
I guess if anyone thinks anything is coming other than a blowout by the Redskins they know nothing about football, huh? San Fran scored 33 points against a HEALTHY Seahawks defense in their house- one of the toughest places to play as a road team. Not saying the 49ers are great, but don't dismiss Arizona beating them in San Fran.

The Giants looked awful in their first two games last year, and weren't sound when we played them week 3. They caught fire in the second half of the season. They beat us week 3 because we had a pitiful second half and ran the same play 4 times at the goal line.

Yeah, we have a sound team. But that's not really a good argument for a blowout. We've found plenty of ways to blow games the last few seasons with much of the same "sound" team we have now. One win by 5 points doesn't give me endless confidence. Guy.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #39
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
um actually, i knew the saints were gonna struggle against us because they are a dome team, and palying in that heat, and on natural surface is very different. PPLUSS, are you people forgetting, the CARDS have to come to OUR HOUSE! their last two wins are vs freakin horrid teams.. When we win, and when campbell has ANOTHER great game, I want to come back and I want yall to come back to this thread and holler at me

also, dude in 06' we sucked bad we could only beat ourselves.
Well, you asked when the last time we lost to a garbage team.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 09-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #40
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, we got beaten by double digits by the Falcons in '06, but anyway, why is Arizona a garbage team? They went 5-3 in the second half of last season and could have been a playoff team if they didn't start the season with Leinart at QB. Plus they've won 4 in a row dating back to last year. So we've got a team coming in this week that's won 7 outta their last 10 regular season games, and has a sick passing attack. Nobody thought New Orleans was garbage coming in last week. Funny, since they've now lost 3 out of their last 4 regular season games and had a worse record than AZ last year. Hmmmmm....

NO gets credibility they don't deserve since Katrina. The media and america has been pulling for them and they keep getting called "probably the best offense in the NFL". They're a sexy pick since that monday night shootout between them and ATL. (one of the best monday night games ever btw...) I picked them to be exposed last week and they were. They scored 24 on us, which is 7 more than I anticipated but they got that stupid punt return for a TD, which puts them in line with my expectations.

AZ has some dynamic recievers and a good solid veteran QB. You will not shut them out. IF they lined up in the same formation and ran the same goddamn play 30 straight times they would still score. They're good, but they don't have a run game to balance themselves out. Especially against our run D. they're not physical enough and Edge ain't exactly truckin and jukin his way to 100yd multi TD performances. Being one dimensional will lead to turnovers against our pass D... Not to mention when they get in the redzone their run game is out the window, unless its a trick play.

Their D doesnt scare me either and they will not get physical enough to stop our rushing attack without cheating up safeties, which they will pay for now that moss has his wheels back underneath him.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #41
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
a win is a win, check the stats, that should be whats giving you confidence. PLus the fact last year we could have won every game that we lost except 1 and that was the patriots. I think sometimes people OVERLOOK us and forget that we arent a pushover team, and when we are healthy, we are VERY hard to beat, and we are pretty damn healthy. Rogers has been worked back into the lineup and him smoot and springs help us VERY much. You saw waht rocky mac did and washington will be back in right? Jason Taylor is starting to get in his groove and they will have to choose who they want to double team, carter or taylor. The fact is the Cardinals have NOT beat a team with the defense and talent we have, and it will show on sunday when we come out with the win. Thats all im gonna say, GUY.
If you read my first post on this thread, I picked us to win. I just think it's going to be close and I stated pretty clearly why I think so.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
yes, and i will continue to dismiss the cardinals until they can beat us or until they can prove they are a good team.. IM not convinced they are good by beating the 49ers and the miami dolphins, give me a break.. And you saw the 49ers beat seattle?? are you serious??? MAtt Hassellbeck is injured and they have NO WEAPONS! so, end that talk, the seattle seahawks are not the same team we have faced in the past, if they were even half that team, the 49ers wouldnt have won. PLUs we are at home, and we are coming off a hot game.. They have a veryyy easy schedule, and im sorry but im not affraid of the cards.. We are a sound team guy, we have all our players we have had from last year and every team in the nfl has a bad game, hat was ours.. You are telling me the gians last year werent sound?? they were 0-2 and played us and beat us and we were 2-0.. your theory means nothing but good try mr.football

lol

oh yeah, i wanted to remind you that the lions have 2 of the gmaes best WR's too, but we stomped the dogpiss out of them last year, and we also beat the cardinals, and until late, we were winning by alot.. joe gibbs started with the vanilla play calling and trying to just hold on to the win instead of trying to keep scoring.. we arent gonna make that same mistake guy, trust me.
Momentum is a dish best served hot and right out of the gate. The fact that the Cards played the 9ers and 'Phins only help them in regards to facing the Skins...and the 9ers beating the Seahawks in Seattle, no matter who's on the field, goes a long way. And a bulging disk, while painful, isn't much of an injury. He will line up under center on Sunday, and that by any means does not make up for their failure.

And as you point out, the Skins are coming off a hot game (pardon the pun)...the Cards are coming off 2 hot games, where they scored 30+ to their opponents 11.5. Again, momentum...do not be overconfident. The past does not represent fact for the present. It may help, but doesn't not 100% represent fact.

The Giants were carried down the stretch and into the Super Bowl on the backs of Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck, and the rest of the defense. The icing on the cake was that Manning got hot in the playoffs. They weren't sound when the Skins lost to them in Week 3 and were running cold in Week 15 when the Skins beat them. It was the 6 game winning streak starting with Week 3 that allowed them to limp into the playoffs at 10-6 and play lights out at the right time.

The difference between the Cards WRs and the Lions WRs (besides the QB throwing to them) is experience. That will trump the youthfulness that Johnson and Williams have.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I guess if anyone thinks anything is coming other than a blowout by the Redskins they know nothing about football, huh? San Fran scored 33 points against a HEALTHY Seahawks defense in their house- one of the toughest places to play as a road team. Not saying the 49ers are great, but don't dismiss Arizona beating them in San Fran.

The Giants looked awful in their first two games last year, and weren't sound when we played them week 3. They caught fire in the second half of the season. They beat us week 3 because we had a pitiful second half and ran the same play 4 times at the goal line.

Yeah, we have a sound team. But that's not really a good argument for a blowout. We've found plenty of ways to blow games the last few seasons with much of the same "sound" team we have now. One win by 5 points doesn't give me endless confidence. Guy.
Damn...I wasted my time on my response, when GMScud did it for me...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #44
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
BD, do you not understand?? they beat two teams that had a combined record of what?? 6 wins and 26 losses? when they start beating some good teams, then we can start talking about how good the cardinals are, until then, you are everything you are saying pretty much on the fact they beat horrible san fran and the even worse miami dolphins... They have played NO ONE, and we have beat them the last 6 times we have played them , AND we are playing at OUR house. THe Cardinals would lose to the Saints, and they are gonna lose to us.
Again, overall they've won 7 of their last 10 regular season games including the last 4 in a row, and their offense is clicking on all cylinders. So what if the 9ers and Phins aren't good? Arizona took full advantage of that fact and they have great rhythm going right now. They did what a good team should do to bad teams- spanked them.

I agree with BD - Arizona playing well and scoring in bunches against bad teams is actually worse for us this weekend than if they had been struggling against good teams. Their offense has great tempo and could give us some problems.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #45
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
What? I can't hear you over the trampled Cowboys.




Ha ha. I love it!
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33992 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25