Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Redskins vs. Cardinals: who will win the game?
Redskins 113 94.96%
Cardinals 6 5.04%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #76
Special Teams
 
DirtyLandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: lost in the sauce
Posts: 377
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

I would agree that our offense was on point for only 2 quarters. But you attributed the win (and our O coming alive) to the Saints being tired! As if it was an unfair advantage that it was hot and humid and that we held the ball longer. It was a team win any way you slice it. You should be extremely happy (if in fact, your are a redskins fan) that our offense clicked 2 games into the season with a new head coach and a new offense.
DirtyLandry is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #77
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLandry View Post
I would agree that our offense was on point for only 2 quarters. But you attributed the win (and our O coming alive) to the Saints being tired! As if it was an unfair advantage that it was hot and humid and that we held the ball longer. It was a team win any way you slice it. You should be extremely happy (if in fact, your are a redskins fan) that our offense clicked 2 games into the season with a new head coach and a new offense.
Hey Dirty,

Is Bohnzie..even taking into consideration that... ARE fumbled and that lead to 7 points because we basically gave them the ball in the end zone and that we picked off two passes and recovered a Shocky fumble..and that another 7 of their points cameon a punt return?

Obviously not. If not for the punt return and fumble. It probably would have been more convincing to those who didn't watch the game.

Then he brings up time of possession. Well that means they couldn't stop us with the ball. Which is also proof of dominance on both sides of the ball. Not COMPLETE dominance but but we can only get better.

HTTR!!
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #78
Special Teams
 
DirtyLandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: lost in the sauce
Posts: 377
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Couldn't agree more, DMV. If we win and put up 500 yards of offense against Arizona, it will probably be because they are from Arizona and that their defense got unexpectedly tired towards the end of the game. LOL.
DirtyLandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #79
Registered User
 
4thGenRedskin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 164
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

hahahah dirty

DMV, you know what's up man, as with most of us do. We got this game on sunday (if we come out and build on last weeks win of course) but of course, anything could happen. I feel like we are going to dominate though, just a feeling. I had the same feeling last week too!
4thGenRedskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #80
Special Teams
 
DirtyLandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: lost in the sauce
Posts: 377
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

I have that feeling.. I think Portis will have a HUGE day.
DirtyLandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #81
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 806
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Portis and Betts all day long. Im looking to see alot of production out of the run game.


skins 27
cards 13
__________________
The future is obviously right now!
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #82
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoutlaws2006 View Post
Portis and Betts all day long. Im looking to see alot of production out of the run game.


skins 27
cards 13
I agree. Arizona hasn't allowed a passing TD yet this year. Gotta run to set up the pass this week for sure.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #83
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

If we can get in Warners face, which I believe we will, it will be interception city. We need to make even more progress this week with dallas and philly coming up. The coaches know that and after the success we had last week our guys should be fired up! The offense is starting to see what we can do for real. Not just talking about it, but actually going out and putting some points on the board. I think they are really starting to believe in this system and Coach Zorn and thats why practice is getting better. It works, and now everybody wants in on it. Everybodys tough, but damnit so are the REDSKINS!!!
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #84
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

I'm expecting problems in the red zone offensively but I think the D will limit the Cards.

Skins - 22 (Suisham goes 5 of 6 but makes a long one at the end to win it)
Cards - 21
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #85
Camp Scrub
 
skins6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Skins 30 Cards17
skins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #86
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

It's one thing when we get no respect from national media outlets, you kind of expect that, but for the few Skins fans here that are saying how the Cardinals are going to give us a run, (of course anything can happen, but we are talking expectations based on reality not fluky events) I can't understand it. I think when the season gets where teams really can be evaluated for this season's play, the loss to the Giants is going to be looked at in the same light the Eagles/Cowboys game is already...
A battle of NFC EAST power. Eagles Cowboys was an offensive show, and the Skins/Giants a defensive one.

I just won't believe that any team outside our division will come close to the Skins(maybe Pittsburgh we will see on that one) . We held the Saints vaunted offense to a pitiful first half, yes our offense didn't capitalize right away but we all have said this year that the D has to hold the fort first so the offense can find a rhythm and that is what happened. My one concern is that we weren't playing against there first string D in the 4th qtr, and so this Arizona game holds alot of interest to see how the offense can carry it's lessons forward. The team answered the call last week, and they will do it again this week, and this time there won't be a doubt of which was the better team. My prediction was 24-17 Skins which is close, but i dont think the statistics will be close, the Cards will just hit one or two lucky strikes.

i guess this rambled a bit, point is Skins are going to demonstrate they are for real this week!

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 09-19-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: grammer
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #87
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

73-2. Wow.

If the Redskins lose this game to a team that's just as good if not better than the Skins, it's going to be fire Zorn, fire Campbell, cut Moss, demote Portis threads galore.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #88
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

ive said it before an ill say it a again.

3-2 redskins
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #89
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
73-2. Wow.

If the Redskins lose this game to a team that's just as good if not better than the Skins, it's going to be fire Zorn, fire Campbell, cut Moss, demote Portis threads galore.
Could you PLEASE elaborate to help assuage the annoyance I'm dealing with from some of the blind homers on this thread? I tried, but only BDBohnzie wants to listen.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #90
Registered User
 
4thGenRedskin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 164
Re: Redskins vs. Cardinals predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's one thing when we get no respect from national media outlets, you kind of expect that, but for the few Skins fans here that are saying how the Cardinals are going to give us a run, (of course anything can happen, but we are talking expectations based on reality not fluky events) I can't understand it. I think when the season gets where teams really can be evaluated for this season's play, the loss to the Giants is going to be looked at in the same light the Eagles/Cowboys game is already...
A battle of NFC EAST power. Eagles Cowboys was an offensive show, and the Skins/Giants a defensive one.

I just won't believe that any team outside our division will come close to the Skins(maybe Pittsburgh we will see on that one) . We held the Saints vaunted offense to a pitiful first half, yes our offense didn't capitalize right away but we all have said this year that the D has to hold the fort first so the offense can find a rhythm and that is what happened. My one concern is that we weren't playing against there first string D in the 4th qtr, and so this Arizona game holds alot of interest to see how the offense can carry it's lessons forward. The team answered the call last week, and they will do it again this week, and this time there won't be a doubt of which was the better team. My prediction was 24-17 Skins which is close, but i dont think the statistics will be close, the Cards will just hit one or two lucky strikes.

i guess this rambled a bit, point is Skins are going to demonstrate they are for real this week!

THANK YOU!!!!! but is seems some people in here think we are just any team, like the browns or something like that, and we AREN"T. WE have a top 10 defense and everyone can see our offense has improved. I guess anyone who thinks the skins are gonna dominate the cards because we have in the past and we have beat them the last 6 times we have played, and we play at home. BUT that doesnt matter, cus we're homers and those other few just know how good the cards are and they will beat us...

(pshhtt, yeah right) All real redskins fans know the deal. Ive been a fan for too long and have been a fan through alll thew crappy teams and we finally have a solid, real good group of players and im not supposed to be happy when our young guys step up and show they can be called on and I think we are gonna build on last week and beat the cards.. But hey, im just a "homer" for thinking that... LOL
You would think we are facing the Colts or the Patriots wiht Tom brady the way some of these guys act. ITs the CARDINALS!!!! OHHHH NOOOOO!! and they are 2-0!!!!! THEY BEAT THE REally good dolphins and the superbowl contender 49ers!!!! WATCH OUT NOWWWWWW!!!!


hahaha
4thGenRedskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32128 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25