Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Power poll top ten

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Power poll top ten

Here is our Top Ten power poll, and more. Thanks for allowing us to post it Matt!


The World’s Most Prestigious Power Poll: Week 3 | DC Pro Sports Report -- Sports news, stats and analysis from the capital of the free world
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Power poll top ten

Screwed up.

1. Cowboys - Defense doesn't matter this year apparently.
2. Steelers - Big Ben may not be 100%, but they are still a solid team.
3. Patriots - Under 200 yards passing per game, barely beating 2 bad teams, is not worthy of even the Top 10.
4. Giants - Look good now, but won't repeat.
5. Eagles - The team will drop the ball this season and miss the playoffs.
6. Panthers - Seriously? They aren't even comfortable with their QB, not should they be.
7. Packers - They look solid on both sides of the ball, especially at QB. Will this last? We'll see, but they do play in an easy division.
8. Colts - They'll wake up when Peyton's rust falls off.
9. Titans - Kerry Collins is an upgrade.
10. Bills - Easy schedule this season (in their division and outside) will help them look better than they really are.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardSkin88 View Post
why is everyone hatin on delhomme, i think he's an above average quarterback. and has looked like it so far this season. They should be higher
In 2004...sure.


His best days are behind him.

He only played 3 games last year and hasn't looked sharp for a few years. It could've been because he needed a new arm ligament, but he hasn't been that good.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Screwed up.

1. Cowboys - Defense doesn't matter this year apparently.
2. Steelers - Big Ben may not be 100%, but they are still a solid team.
3. Patriots - Under 200 yards passing per game, barely beating 2 bad teams, is not worthy of even the Top 10.
4. Giants - Look good now, but won't repeat.
5. Eagles - The team will drop the ball this season and miss the playoffs.
6. Panthers - Seriously? They aren't even comfortable with their QB, not should they be.
7. Packers - They look solid on both sides of the ball, especially at QB. Will this last? We'll see, but they do play in an easy division.
8. Colts - They'll wake up when Peyton's rust falls off.
9. Titans - Kerry Collins is an upgrade.
10. Bills - Easy schedule this season (in their division and outside) will help them look better than they really are.
All accounts are that his arm strength has actually improved since his surgery. He looked really good week 1, and even threw a clutch game winning on the road. He didn't look spectacular last weekend against a tough Bears D, but now he gets Steve Smith back. I think Jake Delhomme is going to put together a nice season.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Power poll top ten

He's always thrown a lot of picks and made bad decisions. Check out his career stats. Arm strength won't help that.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: Power poll top ten

Buster, what the f*ck are you talking about?

Delhomme's career QB rating is 84.9, career completion percentage of 60%, and has thrown 101 TD passes to 65 INTs. He has never thrown more than 16 INTs in a season.

In the seasons in which he's played all 16 games, here have been his numbers:

3219 yds, 59%, 19 TDs, 16 INTs
3886 yds, 58%, 29 TDs, 15 INTs
3421 yds, 60%, 24 TDs, 16 INTs
2805 yds, 61%, 17 TDs, 11 INTs (in 13 games)

His career passer rating of 84.9 puts him 22nd on the all-time list. Ahead of Rich Gannon, Jim Kelly, and Mark Brunell at 23, 24, and 25.

You're dismissed.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Power poll top ten

Plus Delhomme played 13 games in 2006 and had 17 TDs, 11 INTs, and 3 last year for 8 and 1.

JD is a good QB
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Power poll top ten

Delhomme and the Panthers, barring serious injury are playoff bound. Packers and the Eagles should be in the top 3 so far. The Steelers are solid, but nothing spectacular. They will make the playoffs, but won't last very long. Bills are deserving of a top 10 as of now. Colts will rebound for sure, but aren't SB bound. The loss of Saunders is going to hurt th em with their run defense, which isn't so great. We will see how the Colts do against the Jags run game this weekend. Titans are an up and coming team. Collins can get them back to the playoffs. Not sure if the Titans or Colts are top 10 though as things stand now though.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,018
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Buster, what the f*ck are you talking about?

Delhomme's career QB rating is 84.9, career completion percentage of 60%, and has thrown 101 TD passes to 65 INTs. He has never thrown more than 16 INTs in a season.

In the seasons in which he's played all 16 games, here have been his numbers:

3219 yds, 59%, 19 TDs, 16 INTs
3886 yds, 58%, 29 TDs, 15 INTs
3421 yds, 60%, 24 TDs, 16 INTs
2805 yds, 61%, 17 TDs, 11 INTs (in 13 games)

His career passer rating of 84.9 puts him 22nd on the all-time list. Ahead of Rich Gannon, Jim Kelly, and Mark Brunell at 23, 24, and 25.

You're dismissed.
Where's that guy on the Horton/Doughty thread that told me he didn't give a damn about stats? LOL.

:smashfrea
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,225
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardSkin88 View Post
why is everyone hatin on delhomme, i think he's an above average quarterback. and has looked like it so far this season. They should be higher
His Bojangle's commercials are funny. But as a starting NFL qb, bottom 5. He is better than the Chiefs starter of the week though.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #11
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
His Bojangle's commercials are funny. But as a starting NFL qb, bottom 5. He is better than the Chiefs starter of the week though.
Bottom 5?? Justify that comment.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #12
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Power poll top ten

damn, delhomme's a good qb. not top five, but not bottom five either. where's all the hate/misinformation coming from?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Power poll top ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Plus Delhomme played 13 games in 2006 and had 17 TDs, 11 INTs, and 3 last year for 8 and 1.

JD is a good QB
And then Buster disappears...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25467 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25