Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #16
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLandry View Post
It's this kind of ignorant, unbridled arrogance that has been a paradigm for the cowboys and all of thier fans. Cockiness breeds complacency- just ask the Patriots...wait...just ask yourselves.
Then go read the prediction thread, you will see the same cockiness and arrogance from most of the Redskin fans posts there.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: long island
Posts: 898
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
Ok guys I haven't been able to post that much in this important week so here it is the reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Why Will The Cowboys Win The Game
  1. The Cowboys will make it a shootout, like against philly one Campbell won't be able to catch up.
  2. The Redskins won't be able to pressure Romo specially with Taylor out.
  3. The Redskins will have to pick their poison between the running game (Barber,Felix) or the different WR (T.O.Witten,Crayton,Austin)and won't be able to stop them.
  4. T.O will dominate the secondary he did it last year with 4tds and he always lights it up after a bad week
  5. Dallas defense will be on Campbell face all day like NY was on week 1,what's the difference between N.O,Arizona and NY the defense and pressure you get Campbell time to throw with the fast WR he has he will find somebody open So Dallas will do what they do to GB and be in Campbell face all day.
  6. Special Teams used to be a weakness for the Cowboys now a strength they will win the position battle which will make it hard for Was to score and easier for the cowboys offense.
Why Will the Cowboys Lose
  1. For some reason they can't show up to the game
  2. uhhmmm? can't thing of another one.
You make some good points but crayton please that guy sucks. Quick reads in the WCO against your aggressive D with create lanes for YAC. Thing that scares me most is our punter against felix jones. If we can protect JC with shred your secondary. I mean his name is JC he's the savior!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: long island
Posts: 898
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Cowboys have won 15 of the last 20 regular season games against the Redskins. You say fishy officiating, so what are your "excuses" for the other 14?
Well as everyone knows Dallas is Americas team and the league has embraced them. Considering what America did to the indians what do you think is gonna happen when Americas team plays the Redskins.
__________________
Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Then when the Redskins are watching the playoffs from home you can say:
"Well the Cowboys are in the playoffs and we are not, but at least we have class act character guys".
And when the Cowgirls can't win a game in the playoffs....again. LOL

Seriously, any fan of either side who has followed this rivalry knows it is impossible to accurately predict what will happen when these teams play.

That being said, I hate you this week

EDIT: and D'Boyz too
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #20
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

I see the game being close andI think the game will come down to JC. we could have beat the cowgirls last year but JC threw a pick. The matchup I looking forward to is Horton vs. Witten and seeing how Horton will do against Marion Barber.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
Smooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 31
Posts: 965
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Then go read the prediction thread, you will see the same cockiness and arrogance from most of the Redskin fans posts there.
Perhaps because this is a redskins board?
__________________
Same freakout different year.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
And when the Cowgirls can't win a game in the playoffs....again. LOL

Seriously, any fan of either side who has followed this rivalry knows it is impossible to accurately predict what will happen when these teams play.

That being said, I hate you this week

EDIT: and D'Boyz too
LOL, that's awesome! I've been a forum member for a few years now and I reserve the right to talk at least a litle smack during my favorite week of the year. Cowboys vs Redskins

Sammy, you rock dude!
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

IMPORTANT INFO on this, the almost eve of a storied NFL rivalry.
A little off topic, but interesting nonetheless.

Cowboys-Redskins rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully, it is fairly accurate!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

I'm not going to sit here and go through all the reasons the Redskins will beat the cowgirls. Like they can't stop Cooley or they can't cover Moss. Or the fact that Springs will be on t.o. like white on rice. Or that they can't tell what Zorn is gonna do because even we don't know. They'll have a couple of things going for them in between the 20's, like witten. What the cowgirls have is talent. But it takes more than talent to win big games. It takes guts and heart and yes, character. Something that is foreign to your team so you like to make fun of it. The reason t.o. has been on good teams for most of his career and never won the Super Bowl? Because he tears his team apart instead of bringing them together. He has no character. See there is a difference between BEING a character and HAVING character. Talent alone only takes you so far. Look at last year. Hell, we went as far in the playoffs as you did. Why? How many pro-bowlers did you have? When the game is on the line and the talent is equal, the thing that makes the difference, is character. Pulling together, having your buddies back, doing what is best for the team. Digging down deep and sacrificing for one common goal. You have'nt won a playoff game in 10 years (That's a decade friends) and you come onto a Redskins board talking about how great you are and how we don't stand a chance. I think I'll stick with the Redskins. I like our chances.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #25
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,388
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

or from the right perspective:

Why Will The Redskins Win The Game

1. Zorn will pull out all the stops, like the reverses and fakes against Arizona. Wade won't be able to keep up.
2. The Cowboys won't be able to fluster Campbell with pressure, (unlike Romo)
3. The Cowboys will have to pick their poison between the running game (Portis, Betts, Sellers, Rock, Thomas, Randle El, dang this list gets long) or the different WR/TE (Randle El, MOSS, COOLEY, DAVIS, THOMAS, PORTIS, dang this list gets long too) and won't be able to stop them.
4. MOSS will dominate the secondary like he did in the 4th quarter with Brunell and he always lights it up after a good week
5. Redskins defense will be on Romos face all day like GB was last week.
6. Special Teams used to be a weakness for the Redskins now a strength( see last weeks punting) they will win the position battle which will make it hard for Dallas to score and easier for the Redskins offense.
7. Skins fans will sneak in Sat night and post Jessica Simpson posters everywhere and Romo won't know where he should be looking :confused:

Why Will the Redskins Lose

1. The cowboys close the airport in fear.
2. uhhmmm? can't thing of another one.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #26
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,388
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

By the way, I sadly picked the boys to win on the prediction site, but I will not be very shocked if the skins make a statement in this game. I have said it many times, but Zorn understands rivalry, and you dont think the skins have something to prove when Dallas Philly and NY are at the top most charts and we are not in the top 10. That has got to be poster board material.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
LOL, that's awesome! I've been a forum member for a few years now and I reserve the right to talk at least a litle smack during my favorite week of the year. Cowboys vs Redskins

Sammy, you rock dude!
You've defintely earned that right, and unfortunately your guys appear to be able to back it up. I hope not though.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #28
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Well you can tell yourself that around 7 o'clock Sunday night when Dallas beats Washington.

"Well they beat the snot out of us, but at least we have class act character guys"

Then when the Cowboys win the NFC East you can say:
"Well the Cowboys won the division, but at least we have class act character guys".

Then when the Redskins are watching the playoffs from home you can say:
"Well the Cowboys are in the playoffs and we are not, but at least we have class act character guys".

Then it will hit you, that these "poor character" guys the Cowboys acquired have been model citizens and players since joining the Cowboys.

The poor character issues was with other clubs.
Then when you piss the bed yet again in the playoffs and realize Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt ain't coming back and you haven't won a game in the postseason since the middle of LAST decade, all the Skins fans will be laughing their asses off.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
Special Teams
 
prinzeofmoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 432
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Number one reason the Cowboys will never amount to anything. Wade Phillips. Mr happy-go-lucky coaches well above his head. He's in the same catagory as Marty or Denny Green. He'll find a way to blow it..
__________________
I laugh at you Colt Brennan haters. You're the same guys who didn't wanna bench Brunell for Campbell. The tables will turn.
prinzeofmoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #30
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,224
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Reasons Cowpokes win:

It's a regular season game.

They have more talent than any other NFL team.

They're at home.

Reasons they will lose:

They are convinced it is playoffs.

TO stays in locker room admiring himself, Romo and Garrett go in to find him not to come back until 4th quarter when game is out of reach.

I think the Pokes will probably go 14-2 or better this season but will be one and done in the playoffs again.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29726 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25