Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #31
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,479
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

One thing that makes me absolutely sick is hearing how "much improved" Dallas' defense is.

They have Zach Thomas and Pacman Jones. Whoopdie shit. I don't see how they'll be any more "in Campbell's face" this year as they were last year.

I also love reading about picking our poison amongst their WRs. TO and Witten I understand, but Austin and Crayton?! No one is exactly game-planning for either of them.

All of the things you can say about Dallas, you can EASILY say about the Redskins except that maybe the Cowboys have a WR better than Moss and obviously and offensive line better than the Redskins.

While Romo might be more proven, Campbell and Romo are playing similarly this season.

While I think it's very possible we could lose, the only thing that could shock me is if we get blown out. Aside from something insane happening, this is going to be an extremely close game.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: long island
Posts: 898
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
IMPORTANT INFO on this, the almost eve of a storied NFL rivalry.
A little off topic, but interesting nonetheless.

Cowboys-Redskins rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopefully, it is fairly accurate!
That wikipedia thing is awesome, It's nice to see how it all began. And be reminded of all the great games over the years and how much we hate them!
__________________
Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #33
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Well you can tell yourself that around 7 o'clock Sunday night when Dallas beats Washington.

"Well they beat the snot out of us, but at least we have class act character guys"

Then when the Cowboys win the NFC East you can say:
"Well the Cowboys won the division, but at least we have class act character guys".

Then when the Redskins are watching the playoffs from home you can say:
"Well the Cowboys are in the playoffs and we are not, but at least we have class act character guys".

Then it will hit you, that these "poor character" guys the Cowboys acquired have been model citizens and players since joining the Cowboys.

The poor character issues was with other clubs.
I would much rather cheer for a bunch of guys with character in a loss then a bunch of convicts in a win. Sorry, if Washington stacked their team with the guys Jones has sold his soul too in Dallas I'd find another team to cheer for or just stop watching all together. With Dallas its all about winning no matter who's wearing the jersey and the lack of honor in who is playing in their uniform will come back to bite you some day. Maybe it allready has and that explains why Dallas cannot get past the first round of the playoffs. You guys get all excited every year just to have that hugh let down in the first round and I find that very funny to watch all the hopefull Dallas fans mooping around.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #34
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I would much rather cheer for a bunch of guys with character in a loss then a bunch of convicts in a win. Sorry, if Washington stacked their team with the guys Jones has sold his soul too in Dallas I'd find another team to cheer for or just stop watching all together. With Dallas its all about winning no matter who's wearing the jersey and the lack of honor in who is playing in their uniform will come back to bite you some day. Maybe it allready has and that explains why Dallas cannot get past the first round of the playoffs. You guys get all excited every year just to have that hugh let down in the first round and I find that very funny to watch all the hopefull Dallas fans mooping around.
Could NOT agree more!
I have pride in the Redskins. I would find it difficuilt to get behind many of the players in this league and the teams they play for because of the .....thuggish things that are condoned. If it comes to that on the Skins, I am going to find it hard to be interested.
Who's next in Big D? Michael Vick gets paroled when?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Big D is very talented and definetely has a chance to go all the way. I think we will put up a better fight then most people or the line thinks. These are the times that i wish Sean was back in action he made Dallas and TO and Crayton just shiver when he was back there.
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

And yea how can you root on guys like Owens and Jones and Tank fuck that these guys are pieces of shit that Jerry J just let come back since no other team would. Even Troy Aikman questions it.
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #37
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Okay, you guys are entitled to your opinions and loyalties. But don't cry in your beer if the Redskins are last in the division and miss the playoffs.

There is a saying in the NFL that maybe you have heard. "You have to be in it to win it".

And sometimes that means that GM's may have to take a chance, gamble, risk or whatever you want to call it with very talented players with questionable pasts.

So far the gambles are paying off for the Cowboys though. Owens was always a pain in the ass in San Fran and Philly. Now, for every season he has been in Dallas he has been a perfect team mate, and even you can't deny that. People criticized the way Owens treated his QB in San Fran (Garcia) and the way he treated McNAbb in Philly. Now, when he has a great releationship with his QB and will pubilcally defend his QB (even to the point of tears, instead of publically attacking his QB) he is still scrutinized. The hypocracy baffles me.

What about Tank Johnson? Cancer in Chicago, but in Dallas his is a model team mate and citizen with several local charities he over sees.

Then Adam Jones. Not one issue off the field, not one. And did you know that he donated and distributed over a million dollars worth of school supplies in the Dallas area to children whose parents could not afford them? And he did this BEFORE he got reinstated, which means he did it before he got his pay started in Dallas. Pacman has been very active in the Dallas community.

Thing is those players may have been trouble elsewhere, but since coming to Dallas they have been model citizens, and I dare say they might even live up to the Redskins fans high expectations of "character".

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys he got the team for 450 million dollars.
Now the team value is the highest in the league at just over 1.7 BILLION.

You do not get that type of return without taking a few chances. And so far they are paying off nicely.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #38
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Okay, you guys are entitled to your opinions and loyalties. But don't cry in your beer if the Redskins are last in the division and miss the playoffs.

There is a saying in the NFL that maybe you have heard. "You have to be in it to win it".

And sometimes that means that GM's may have to take a chance, gamble, risk or whatever you want to call it with very talented players with questionable pasts.

So far the gambles are paying off for the Cowboys though. Owens was always a pain in the ass in San Fran and Philly. Now, for every season he has been in Dallas he has been a perfect team mate, and even you can't deny that. People criticized the way Owens treated his QB in San Fran (Garcia) and the way he treated McNAbb in Philly. Now, when he has a great releationship with his QB and will pubilcally defend his QB (even to the point of tears, instead of publically attacking his QB) he is still scrutinized. The hypocracy baffles me.

What about Tank Johnson? Cancer in Chicago, but in Dallas his is a model team mate and citizen with several local charities he over sees.

Then Adam Jones. Not one issue off the field, not one. And did you know that he donated and distributed over a million dollars worth of school supplies in the Dallas area to children whose parents could not afford them? And he did this BEFORE he got reinstated, which means he did it before he got his pay started in Dallas. Pacman has been very active in the Dallas community.

Thing is those players may have been trouble elsewhere, but since coming to Dallas they have been model citizens, and I dare say they might even live up to the Redskins fans high expectations of "character".

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys he got the team for 450 million dollars.
Now the team value is the highest in the league at just over 1.7 BILLION.

You do not get that type of return without taking a few chances. And so far they are paying off nicely.
Do you honestly believe Pacman is doing that because he has changed? Seriously he is the same guy and just realizes that he has to do that if he wants to make any money. He would be in a strip club if he had a choice. Character wise these guys haven't changed, they just realize they have no choice, but lets see how long that will last. It is his first year back.

And TO was not a problem in SF or Philly until things started going bad. So trying to compare him now to back then doesn't work unless things go bad. And while in Dallas he has had a couple of blowups when he felt he wasn't getting the attention he deserves. If they were losing and he was only getting a couple of passes thrown his way I would bet the old TO would show up.

As far as what the club is worth, that is the funny thing about Dallas. The reason the franchise was so cheap was because Dallas sucked back then and Dallas has the most fickle fans. I have lived in Dallas for 21 years now and my wife is a Boys fan so we have had season tickets for 18 years. It was funny to see how empty the stadium would be on game day because they were losing. Absolutely no loyalty or team pride here. I remember Jerry Jones donating tickets to just try and get enough attendance to avoid a blackout. It was pitiful. Now that they are doing good, it is the in thing to go to the games. But now that Parcells is gone, Jerry will get things back to normal and that value will fall. They are already having a hard time selling seats in the new stadium with the outlandish prices. Thankfully my wife agrees that it is not worth it and we are not renewing our season tickets in the new stadium.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #39
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
If you are willing to sell your soul then you will probably get whatever you want... but there is ALWAYS a price. (losing first round of playoffs, twice).
Then you could say the same about the Colts and Broncos, who each posted 13-3 regular season records and lost in the first round of the playoffs, then went on to win the Super Bowl in following years.

I might add that when the Broncos did it, they actually went on to win back to back Super Bowls.

And then there is the Chargers, who went 14-2 and lost in the first round, but then made it to the AFC Champioship game the next year.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #40
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

I agree if things start looking sour in Dallas, or even if he gets less than two catches per game for several weeks the TO of old will return.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

You make it sound like it's all about the money sandtrapjack. It has'nt paid off in playoff wins has it?
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #42
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,233
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

dallas week rolls around and sandtrap and Dboyz show their sense of entitlement . . . on a skins board no less.

you guys sure do alot of talk and reassuring yourself that your gonna blow us out in this thread yet your moneys still on the skins . . .hahaha

go skins!!
over the mountain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #43
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Why Will The Redskins Win The Game

1. The Girls are over-confident and are underestimating the Skins.
2. Moss is going to have a huge day against the suspect Dallas secondary.
3. Homo is going to do his best Brett Farve impression and throw the ball up for grabs many times.
4. TO is going to implode and throw a tantrum on the sideline because Homo can't get the ball to him.
5. By the fourth quarter the fans will be booing the girls in blue.

Why Will The Redskins Lose The Game


1. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is shutdown and the Redskins plane is denied access to any airport in the Dallas area.
2. The entire Washington Redskins team get the flu.
3. Mars attacks!
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #44
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Okay, you guys are entitled to your opinions and loyalties. But don't cry in your beer if the Redskins are last in the division and miss the playoffs.

There is a saying in the NFL that maybe you have heard. "You have to be in it to win it".

And sometimes that means that GM's may have to take a chance, gamble, risk or whatever you want to call it with very talented players with questionable pasts.

So far the gambles are paying off for the Cowboys though. Owens was always a pain in the ass in San Fran and Philly. Now, for every season he has been in Dallas he has been a perfect team mate, and even you can't deny that. People criticized the way Owens treated his QB in San Fran (Garcia) and the way he treated McNAbb in Philly. Now, when he has a great releationship with his QB and will pubilcally defend his QB (even to the point of tears, instead of publically attacking his QB) he is still scrutinized. The hypocracy baffles me.

What about Tank Johnson? Cancer in Chicago, but in Dallas his is a model team mate and citizen with several local charities he over sees.

Then Adam Jones. Not one issue off the field, not one. And did you know that he donated and distributed over a million dollars worth of school supplies in the Dallas area to children whose parents could not afford them? And he did this BEFORE he got reinstated, which means he did it before he got his pay started in Dallas. Pacman has been very active in the Dallas community.

Thing is those players may have been trouble elsewhere, but since coming to Dallas they have been model citizens, and I dare say they might even live up to the Redskins fans high expectations of "character".

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys he got the team for 450 million dollars.
Now the team value is the highest in the league at just over 1.7 BILLION.

You do not get that type of return without taking a few chances. And so far they are paying off nicely.
These are the rules your team your team has chosen to live by. These are not universal truths. If integrity has no meaning to the Cowboys........so be it!
Oh yea, there is another saying on a more global scale that I imagine pre-dates the NFL by a few millenia....You reap what you sow......
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #45
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Reason Why the Cowboys will Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
These are the rules your team your team has chosen to live by. These are not universal truths. If integrity has no meaning to the Cowboys........so be it!
Oh yea, there is another saying on a more global scale that I imagine pre-dates the NFL by a few millenia....You reap what you sow......
Yeah well I did not hear all the Redskins fans creaming "character" when Sean Taylor was putting a gun in someones face.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33926 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25