Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,809
Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Another big, big win against a division opponent on the road. Still, I gotta lay the smack down on players/areas that need to improve.

This week I lay the smack down on....NO ONE.

Are you kidding me? Let's enjoy this. This is unbelievable. We went through as tough a schedule as nearly anyone could have imagined and we just finished that stretch 4-1. There is nothing to complain about today. Enjoy this. I'll repeat...ENJOY THIS

If anything, I'll lay the smack down on those who can't even wait 24 hours to move on to the next game. I'm looking in your direction hooskins...saala
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

A-friggin-men. This is absolutely the best prepared, most confident Redskin team since 1991.

Not in 17 years have I seen such a collection of players who are in near perfect chemistry, and playing tough, smart, explosive, no matter the circumstances -- even when they're on the road, down 14-0 with three defensive starters missing. They can handle any situation like absolute pros.

I haven't felt this way about the Washington Redskins in a long, long time.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

It's cliche to blame Devin Thomas every week. So I won't. Instead, I'm going to rewatch the game this week to see Carlos Rogers lay the smackdown on the Eagles offense.

On a related note, does anyone else think that McNabb throws a very uncatchable ball? I mean he sees zones very well but his completion percentage is always far below where it should be in Reid's offense. It's cliche to blame the receivers over this, but we've seen 8+ years of WR turnover and Philly, and no one can really catch his passes.

I mean, yeah Greg Lewis sucks, but at somepoint, doesn't the blame for not adjusting come back at McNabb?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,544
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's cliche to blame Devin Thomas every week. So I won't. Instead, I'm going to rewatch the game this week to see Carlos Rogers lay the smackdown on the Eagles offense.

On a related note, does anyone else think that McNabb throws a very uncatchable ball? I mean he sees zones very well but his completion percentage is always far below where it should be in Reid's offense. It's cliche to blame the receivers over this, but we've seen 8+ years of WR turnover and Philly, and no one can really catch his passes.

I mean, yeah Greg Lewis sucks, but at somepoint, doesn't the blame for not adjusting come back at McNabb?
It's true, he doesn't always put the ball in the best spots for his WRs and at times he puts too much heat on his throws when he could use more touch.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

The team did an excellent job. The offense gets a A- and the defense gets an A+. No one deserves to be smacked down, but I saw a few things that irritated me quite a bit.

Ladell Betts - At least try to block someone in pass protection. The one time I saw you stay in to pass protect, two defenders came after Jason and you looked at both of them but didn't touch either of them.

Reed Doughty - On the punt return for a TD, you took a bad angle, appeared to jog to the sidelines, and whiffed on Jackson. If you can't make plays on defense, at least make plays on special teams.

Durant Brooks - Need I say more?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If anything, I'll lay the smack down on those who can't even wait 24 hours to move on to the next game. I'm looking in your direction hooskins...saala
haha maybe three people I know of on this site will understand.

But seriously, lay the smack down tomorrow.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

I'm REALLY enjoying this, especially since my two best friends are HUGE Skins haters and love to talk shit.

All I'll say is we need to generate more pass rush. Two weeks without a sack is pretty unacceptable.

But our offensive execution has been awesome and pass coverage has been phenomenal. When looking at the schedule in the preseason, I said we'd be lucky to be 2-3 after the first 5, and had a realistic chance at 1-4. Boy am I glad I was wrong.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,972
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

McNabb has been extremely over-rated for a long time. His legs and smarts made him a winning QB but he never was a guy who won the game throwing the ball. He won by making plays. His completion percentage has always been below average and now that he is back to below average WRs and his legs aren't anything special he is being shown for the average QB that he is at heart. Don't get me wrong. In his prime you could win a lot of gamers with him but his prime was really only 3 or four years. The rest of his career has been blah really.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,269
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
The team did an excellent job. The offense gets a A- and the defense gets an A+. No one deserves to be smacked down, but I saw a few things that irritated me quite a bit.

Ladell Betts - At least try to block someone in pass protection. The one time I saw you stay in to pass protect, two defenders came after Jason and you looked at both of them but didn't touch either of them.

Reed Doughty - On the punt return for a TD, you took a bad angle, appeared to jog to the sidelines, and whiffed on Jackson. If you can't make plays on defense, at least make plays on special teams.

Durant Brooks - Need I say more?
Adding to that...

Chris Horton - When a player with the ball goes down in the pros, the play is not over, next time do touch the player. Some people say that Rogers was at fault, but he was coming with enough momentum that had he try to touch Jackson he would have hit him and probably would have drawn a foul. Horton had enough time to slow down and touch him.

Devin Thomas - I think you are leading the league in offensive pass interferences, STOP IT!

ARE - Sure you threw a TD, but you drop three balls. Work on that.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #10
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Adding to that...

Chris Horton - When a player with the ball goes down in the pros, the play is not over, next time do touch the player. Some people say that Rogers was at fault, but he was coming with enough momentum that had he try to touch Jackson he would have hit him and probably would have drawn a foul. Horton had enough time to slow down and touch him.

Devin Thomas - I think you are leading the league in offensive pass interferences, STOP IT!

ARE - Sure you threw a TD, but you drop three balls. Work on that.
Yeah, those were very costly. On the third one you could see how annoyed Campbell was.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Brooks needs to work on Punting the ball with some more distance and hangtime.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,972
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Brooks needs to work on Punting the ball with some more distance and hangtime.
In other words he has do his job better in every respect.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #13
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

getting back to Greg Lewis, lets be fair. could he really start on any other team? kind of like their modern Todd Pinkston. the guy sucks
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

ARE, you are a professional football player, catch the ball.

That's really it.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Week 5)

Brooks was piss poor.

ARE needs to catch balls. He does look better returning punts minus the one he shouldve fair-caught.

We don't have a good enough pass rush to play zone D. Don't know who to call out there. Just fix it or toss it out.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31514 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25