Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

To fully understand the logic of this thread you would have to put yourself in the mindset of early Feb 2008.

There was a lot of talk about the reason Snyder hired Zorn was to give him a year to hire Cowher next season. I remember during the off season a source told ESPN's John Clayton that Cowher told the Redskins along with others that he was looking to start back coaching in 09. Now I'm 100% sold on Zorn being the head coach I love what he has done with the team. The attitude, the chemistry, the work ethic and killer instinct he has brought to this team. I just don't think Snyder was serious about keeping Zorn for the long haul. He said that before the season and he was suppose to be optimistic about his new hire and the future of his franchise but I really felt he was a fill in for Coach Cowher. I did some research and unless I over looked it no coach in NFL history other than interim head coaches has the assistant coaches been picked for someone ever. Now I also remember Cerrato & Snyder they weren't looking for a flashy pick at head coach. Jim Zorn wasn't even in contention as a prospect for any NFL head coaching job talk about a non-flashy pick it was more like non-existent pick. Comparing Zorn's resume to Mooch other candidates why pick Zorn over anybody? It was also said that Mooch could out interview all the candidates. So why hire Zorn? He doesn't really have much to offer right? How much experience does he have? Why put a playoff caliber team in hands of a rookie head coach? Even Lane Kiffin was at least O-coordinator at USC. I believe that Snyder hired Zorn to fill in thinking that he was going to have a bad season then fired Zorn for Cowher. So the hire and firing of Zorn would justify the hire of Cowher does that make sense? Now no one could say Snyder is always after superstar players & superstar coaches because he gave Zorn a shot but he sucked and the big trade pick up Jason Taylor was due to Daniels injury only everyone knows that and this is the first year in a while we had a big draft. It seems it could have been a big smoke screen it actually would have been a win-win for Snyder because he probably would have thrown numbers Cowher's way we never seen before to recruit him because we need a coach that knows how to win people would be happy. Now with the success of Zorn and how he has the team marching to his beat and doing a hella of a job I know he is the future head coach with out a doubt. Now Snyder gets credit for change the culture in Washington there the win-win but I wonder if this was Snyder plan and if it was true will Snyder ever admit it. Do y'all think Zorn was a temporarily hire or long term? Mods can we make this a poll also?
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
VABCHSKINSFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 248
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

hmmm I would not put it past the Danny. That said who the hell cares I'm still so ZORNEY!!
VABCHSKINSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

I think you watch too much tv.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

I think Dan and Vinny did a long meticulous search for a head coach, and found what they were looking for in Jim Zorn. End of story.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Who really gives two shits, the mans doing a great job. Anybody in this league is a temp if they aren't getting it done anyway PERIOD

I guess this thread to me is a moot point. But if I happened to be a mind reader I would certainly share Dan's every thought....movin on
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,844
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

I think 53Fan is onto something.

But in reality, if that is what Vinny C. and Snyder were thinking, well it ain't happening now. If Zorn continues his success for the rest of the year I'd have no doubts that Zorn would be our coach for a very long time.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,552
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

And we are re-visiting this now why??
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
Kope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Zorn won the job on his preparation, he was called in unexpectedly and had a plan; and his Leadership - which is what this team has been missing since Gibbs I.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

I thought the X-Files were off the air?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
HAILItsGAMEDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgetown
Posts: 94
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

End this shit
HAILItsGAMEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,443
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Someone should close this thread. Zorn is our coach. Period.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #12
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Paragraphs are overrated.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
To fully understand the logic of this thread you would have to put yourself in the mindset of early Feb 2008.
Puff, puff...pass!

Quote:
There was a lot of talk about the reason Snyder hired Zorn was to give him a year to hire Cowher next season. I remember during the off season a source told ESPN's John Clayton that Cowher told the Redskins along with others that he was looking to start back coaching in 09.
Not interested in coaching before 2009..that's not the same thing as looking to start back coaching in 09

Quote:
Now I'm 100% sold on Zorn being the head coach I love what he has done with the team. The attitude, the chemistry, the work ethic and killer instinct he has brought to this team.
This is all you needed to say

Quote:
I just don't think Snyder was serious about keeping Zorn for the long haul. He said that before the season and he was suppose to be optimistic about his new hire and the future of his franchise but I really felt he was a fill in for Coach Cowher. I did some research and unless I over looked it no coach in NFL history other than interim head coaches has the assistant coaches been picked for someone ever.
Jason Garrett was hired before Wade Phillips, several assistants were hired before Tony Sparano.

Quote:
Now I also remember Cerrato & Snyder they weren't looking for a flashy pick at head coach. Jim Zorn wasn't even in contention as a prospect for any NFL head coaching job talk about a non-flashy pick it was more like non-existent pick. Comparing Zorn's resume to Mooch other candidates why pick Zorn over anybody? It was also said that Mooch could out interview all the candidates. So why hire Zorn? He doesn't really have much to offer right? How much experience does he have? Why put a playoff caliber team in hands of a rookie head coach?
Because you've got veteran coaches like Bugel and Blache anchoring the staff

Quote:
Even Lane Kiffin was at least O-coordinator at USC. I believe that Snyder hired Zorn to fill in thinking that he was going to have a bad season then fired Zorn for Cowher. So the hire and firing of Zorn would justify the hire of Cowher does that make sense? Now no one could say Snyder is always after superstar players & superstar coaches because he gave Zorn a shot but he sucked and the big trade pick up Jason Taylor was due to Daniels injury only everyone knows that and this is the first year in a while we had a big draft.
I don't understand the "gave Zorn a shot but he sucked" part

Quote:
It seems it could have been a big smoke screen it actually would have been a win-win for Snyder because he probably would have thrown numbers Cowher's way we never seen before to recruit him because we need a coach that knows how to win people would be happy. Now with the success of Zorn and how he has the team marching to his beat and doing a hella of a job I know he is the future head coach with out a doubt. Now Snyder gets credit for change the culture in Washington there the win-win but I wonder if this was Snyder plan and if it was true will Snyder ever admit it. Do y'all think Zorn was a temporarily hire or long term? Mods can we make this a poll also?
You're totally hammered at this point aren't you?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Not really sure what the poll would be?

Is Snyder a shrewd businessman who covers his bets when possible?

Six months ago would most reasonable owners have preferred Bill Cowher over Jim Zorn to be their HC?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #15
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: Snyder's Possible Head Coach Smokescreen

Was I suppose to read the whole thing? What happened to the paragraphs?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28331 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25