Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Agreed. We had 368 total yards to their 200. We had the ball longer, ran for twice as many yards, had fewer penalties, and didn't allow an offensive TD. I'd say 19 out of 20 times that will win you a ball game. I'll also say turning it over 3 times in your opponents territory on what seem like imminent scoring drives will lose you the game 19 out of 20 times.
We expected to blow the Rams out today, and the way the defense played (although they dropped two very easy INTs), you would have thought we beat them 20-3.

Now, the offense did get consistently beaten by the Rams in pass protection. But that's the ONLY place that we underperformed expectations, and I believe it's totally unreasonable to expect every unit to play it's best game every week. Plus, the Rams DL did not look like a 0-4 DL. They played really great when we weren't attacking them in the running game.

Two of the turnovers we had, IMO, were a result of the success we were having. Cooley was trying to get YAC, something that he's very good at, and got the ball stripped. Campbell could have fallen on the bad snap from Rabach, but the way Campbell had been playing, if he had fielded it cleanly, don't you just believe that we would have found an open WR? I feel that way.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #47
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
We expected to blow the Rams out today, and the way the defense played (although they dropped two very easy INTs), you would have thought we beat them 20-3.

Now, the offense did get consistently beaten by the Rams in pass protection. But that's the ONLY place that we underperformed expectations, and I believe it's totally unreasonable to expect every unit to play it's best game every week. Plus, the Rams DL did not look like a 0-4 DL. They played really great when we weren't attacking them in the running game.

Two of the turnovers we had, IMO, were a result of the success we were having. Cooley was trying to get YAC, something that he's very good at, and got the ball stripped. Campbell could have fallen on the bad snap from Rabach, but the way Campbell had been playing, if he had fielded it cleanly, don't you just believe that we would have found an open WR? I feel that way.
This is a big problem. Turnovers, as we know from being on both ends of it now, win and lose you ball games. We've dropped by my count 6 gimmie INTs this year. Blache in general has put together good defensive game plans thus far, but our LBs and DBs have got to work on their hands drills.

As far as your point about Campbell, yeah, I feel like he would have either found a WR or scrambled had he fielded it cleanly, but he's got to be aware of the situation. We were losing in a game where we could ill afford further mistakes. Romo seems to pull that crap all the time (fumbling and trying to pick it up rather than falling on it), and it seems like it hurts the Cowboys most of the time. Hard to give JC too much shit, but next time I'd prefer he just fall on it, unless we're in totally dire straits.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #48
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Turnovers, yes. Was Carlos Rogers looking past them when he shut down Torry Holt? Was the defensive front looking past them when they pressured and hit Bulger all day making him cower after his throws? Did Portis and the OL overlook the Rams when they were chewing out 5+ yards per carry? Was Pete Kendall overlooking the Rams when he tried to advance a pass he caught?

We did MOST things on the field today just as well as we had been doing them over our first 5 games. We simply 1) turned the ball over too much, and 2) did not protect the quarterback vs. a very impressive pass rush.

Neither of those things constitutes overlooking the Rams. I agreed with you that we probably outplayed them, but they played well enough on defense to keep a single fluke touchdown as the margin of victory.
I wholeheartly agree, I hate the pundits that were saying "oh the Redskins overlooked the Rams" or "they were too confident". The Redskins played a decent game save for the turnovers, and the Rams played very well in the second half against a superior team.

Well I rather have a trap game now than later in the season. I must say that the Redskins don't do well with success, and well they won't be the target anymore. The pundits will now overlook our team, drop them from their rankings.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #49
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just think that somewhere down the line this loss is going to come back and bite us in the ass. It's a conference loss and anyway you look at it, we can't lose to the Rams at home.
The Saints are clearly a better team than the Rams, but are we really better off had we not come back on the Saints, but happened to hold off the Rams?

Perhaps with the tiebreakers, but our luck is going to be all over the place throughout the year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #50
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Sorry, not buying that lame-ass excuse.

What evidence do you have to support the fact that certain players on the team were overconfident heading into this game? Do you have any names of players who played well below what we would expect from them?

I think there are legitimate analytical reasons for the loss today, but we don't need that half-ass media excuse garbage on this board.
Did you see the special teams play or lack off. Mistakes by the OL, giving 4 sacks to the Rams? How about the dropped passes by Randle-El and Moss, Yoder (lack of concentration) Campbell looked confused at times or maybe it was the lack of pass protection. Like someone said, it was a trap game and a lack of concentration and execution, why not go after them when their secondary was weak and weaker after Manning got hurt. This is a good team that just had a bad game, every team goes thru that. Look at the Cowboys and yes, mark my words the Giants are going down tomorrow night.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #51
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

It's also important to remember that the Rams roster has talent scattered throughout it, and has merely been hampered by the simultaneous decline of Holt, Pace, and Bulger. Holt and Bulger were basically non-factors in this one, but outside of them and piss poor blocking that the Rams have become known for, their talent had a really strong day. I think Steven Jackson played really well, Leonard Little and Pisa Tinoisamoa were strong, and Chris Long might have had a breakout day with a fumble recovery.

So yeah, we got beat by a team that isn't that good, but they are probably better than the next two teams we will play.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #52
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's also important to remember that the Rams roster has talent scattered throughout it, and has merely been hampered by the simultaneous decline of Holt, Pace, and Bulger. Holt and Bulger were basically non-factors in this one, but outside of them and piss poor blocking that the Rams have become known for, their talent had a really strong day. I think Steven Jackson played really well, Leonard Little and Pisa Tinoisamoa were strong, and Chris Long might have had a breakout day with a fumble recovery.

So yeah, we got beat by a team that isn't that good, but they are probably better than the next two teams we will play.
Don't underestimate the Browns, they have more talent than the Rams and Lions combined and will beat the Giants tomorrow night
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 AM   #53
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did you see the special teams play or lack off. Mistakes by the OL, giving 4 sacks to the Rams? How about the dropped passes by Randle-El and Moss, Yoder (lack of concentration) Campbell looked confused at times or maybe it was the lack of pass protection. Like someone said, it was a trap game and a lack of concentration and execution, why not go after them when their secondary was weak and weaker after Manning got hurt. This is a good team that just had a bad game, every team goes thru that. Look at the Cowboys and yes, mark my words the Giants are going down tomorrow night.
We dropped passes against the Eagles and the Giants. Did we overlook them?

I agree that we got beat by an inferior team, but I think the phrase trap game also implies that we were looking past that, and that obviously wasn't the case. We didn't play our best game, but we both could have predicted us to be less than perfect in this game. It's important to make this distinction: we didn't lose because the Rams outplayed us, we lost because we got careless with ball security. Phrases like "trap game" and overlooking the opponent imply that we would have been more careful to protect the ball if we weren't playing the Rams. That, of course, makes no sense, because none of the turnovers came on plays in which we made a stupid mental mistake. It just sort of happened that we fumbled, and then fumbled again and again. There's really no sort of coaching adjustment to be made.

The Cowboys lost on the road to a team that might actually be better than them. At least, the Cardinals looked better against us on our home turf than the Cowboys did on theirs. We'll see about the Giants, but there would REALLY need to be a bunch of fluky stuff, and Derek Anderson would have to get lost on his way to the stadium to close the gap in talent between the two teams.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #54
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

You were just waiting to make this thread weren't you?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 AM   #55
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
The Skins lost the Giants game.
yeah yeah, i think I had an itchy keyboard finger
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 AM   #56
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,989
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The skins are the same team they were 4 hours ago (pretty good) they just got complacent and let the headlines get to their fat heads. Now that they are back to reality hopefully they won't repeat the same mistake of under estimating the opponent.

Nice post, did anyone think you were'nt going to lose another game?I don't know if it will be the Browns but the Giants will lose some games it will happen, you just need to be patiant.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #57
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Uh....I'm not a betting man but I would almost bet my next paycheck(which is small) that we hear from Sally Jenkins this week. Just a feeling.

Giantone....you are correct. I was not niave enough to think we would not lose a game, it's just I was hoping it would be against an opponent with a winning record. I just didn't want us to be the ones who lost to the Rams. I knew they would get their first one just hoping it wouldn't be us. Like the Dolphins of last yr. lol.

The only solice I had was the fact that Dallas lost keeping the records the same. This week I am a Brown fan....beat Giants. Sorry Giantone. The hole Division is hoping the Giants lose so they don't get out of reach.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #58
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Sorry, not buying that lame-ass excuse.

What evidence do you have to support the fact that certain players on the team were overconfident heading into this game? Do you have any names of players who played well below what we would expect from them?

I think there are legitimate analytical reasons for the loss today, but we don't need that half-ass media excuse garbage on this board.
You probably don't consider this evidence but...

Portis Says Skins Were Too Loose - D.C. Sports Bog
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Uh....I'm not a betting man but I would almost bet my next paycheck(which is small) that we hear from Sally Jenkins this week. Just a feeling.

Giantone....you are correct. I was not niave enough to think we would not lose a game, it's just I was hoping it would be against an opponent with a winning record. I just didn't want us to be the ones who lost to the Rams. I knew they would get their first one just hoping it wouldn't be us. Like the Dolphins of last yr. lol.

The only solice I had was the fact that Dallas lost keeping the records the same. This week I am a Brown fan....beat Giants. Sorry Giantone. The hole Division is hoping the Giants lose so they don't get out of reach.
I think SJ had already said she's going to be writing something this week, according to the thread Matty started last week
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #60
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: The Skins Won't Win Another Game!

I know just seems convenient. I wonder if its pro or con....I'm betting con.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31772 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25