Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Crying in a closet.


I actually got an email from a friend who is a Cowgirls fan this moring:

"Honestly, I'm just about done as a fan of the Cowboys as long as
Jerry Jones controls the team. What was once the classiest franchise
in the NFL has been run into the ground by Jerry Jones and his Alaska
size ego. And yes I blame Jerry Jones for not only Pac-Man but also
for our joke of a head coach."


Good times.
When were the Cowboys ever the classiest team in the NFL? They have been a funhouse for crooks and degenerates for four decades.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #47
Registered User
 
johnerotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: commonwealth of va
Posts: 795
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

in giving them some credit,tom landry handled the whole drug thing good until hollywood henderson came along.jerry and jimmy are another story.and remember when barry"dumbass"swisher tried to carry a loaded gun on an airplane?
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #48
Special Teams
 
mike340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 58
Posts: 272
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

I saw a program on CN8 while channel surfing called Out of Bounds. While they were ragging on the Dallas "team rules", one of the commentaters said that if Jeffrey Dahmer could have run a 4.34 40, Jerry Jones would have drafted him and said he had an eating disorder!
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 AM   #49
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,612
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Pacman isn't officially done with Cowboys is he?
I know there is speculation, but I think he'll be back for Redskins game.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #50
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
I saw a program on CN8 while channel surfing called Out of Bounds. While they were ragging on the Dallas "team rules", one of the commentaters said that if Jeffrey Dahmer could have run a 4.34 40, Jerry Jones would have drafted him and said he had an eating disorder!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #51
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
When were the Cowboys ever the classiest team in the NFL? They have been a funhouse for crooks and degenerates for four decades.

Yeah, he's a little delusional with that statement, but it's still fun to watch the Dallas fans losing faith in their trash-heap of a team.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
Pacman isn't officially done with Cowboys is he?
I know there is speculation, but I think he'll be back for Redskins game.

I saw a report (on bottom of ESPN screen, so take that for what it is) that Goodell is going to give PacRat 4 weeks and if he has NO incidents in that month, he'll "consider" re-instating him the week after the Redskins game.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #53
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I saw a report (on bottom of ESPN screen, so take that for what it is) that Goodell is going to give PacRat 4 weeks and if he has NO incidents in that month, he'll "consider" re-instating him the week after the Redskins game.
Pacman was suspended INDEFINITELY. And Goodell said he would not re-visit his case until at least 4 weeks.

Even if Pacman does everything the team and Goodell asked him to do, the NFL can keep the suspension as long as they see fit.

I wish they would just ban his sorry ass. He put on a "painted smile" for everyone and screwed his team when they needed him most. That is selfish, self-centered and cowardly. Terrence Newman had just had surgery to repair a sports hernia that would sideline him for a month. The team needed Pacman to play. Now his selfish antics have put the secondary in the hands of two rookies. Thanks for nothing Pacman!

He basically spit in the face of the owner, his team, and the commissioner.

THink about it, he was suspended for OVER A YEAR, and then once re-instated, he can't even make it 2 months without falling off the wagon?

Screw him, let him take orders at a McDonalds drive thru for the rest of his life.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
GPRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 15
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Big Shocker on Pacman!!! Did anyone really think he would make it through the season????????
GPRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #55
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Pacman was suspended INDEFINITELY. And Goodell said he would not re-visit his case until at least 4 weeks.

Even if Pacman does everything the team and Goodell asked him to do, the NFL can keep the suspension as long as they see fit.

I wish they would just ban his sorry ass. He put on a "painted smile" for everyone and screwed his team when they needed him most. That is selfish, self-centered and cowardly. Terrence Newman had just had surgery to repair a sports hernia that would sideline him for a month. The team needed Pacman to play. Now his selfish antics have put the secondary in the hands of two rookies. Thanks for nothing Pacman!

He basically spit in the face of the owner, his team, and the commissioner.

THink about it, he was suspended for OVER A YEAR, and then once re-instated, he can't even make it 2 months without falling off the wagon?

Screw him, let him take orders at a McDonalds drive thru for the rest of his life.
But how do you really feel about it, STJ?
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

He doesn't deserve to play in the NFL. Boot him for life and be done with it. It's only a matter of time before he ends up in prison or worse.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #57
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

He's going into alcohol rehab
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #58
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He's going into alcohol rehab
Good for him (seriously - he needs help).

But, from the NFL's perspective, I don't care - too little, too late, too often.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #59
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

I would like to know if anything is gonna happen to Dallas as an organization over this. Didn't Goodell say that he was going to hold the teams responsible for their players actions?
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #60
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
But how do you really feel about it, STJ?
I was all for giving him the second chance he worked for over the last year.

And the fans tried to embrace and support him, and, well he blew his chance. I am in favor of "second chances", but I have ZERO TOLERANCE for third chances.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26242 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25