Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #16
Registered User
 
johnerotten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: commonwealth of va
Posts: 795
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

does'nt the fact that all 31 other teams passed on him when he lead the league in preseason rushing give you a clue that maybe he is'nt the budding superstar that folks think he is?there is a reason nobody else has signed him off the ravens ps.
johnerotten is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

he may be able to run, but if he can't pass protect or run routes hes not going to be as much an asset as a liability. I think the only advantage he has over the move we made was price. Vet min for Alexander is a little more expensive.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but for whatever reason the Redskins upper echlon said they been their and already got the t-shirt. SA better step up and show his worth which was not much for us but he turned down several teams over the summer and some turned him down so I suspect possible injuries. I hope those have healed and he is ready to show he should not have been let go. If nothing else this helps him either look good or proves he can't hang anymore. We either get a decent RB or end up grabbing Mason anyway after a few weeks.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,421
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

mason wasn't good except against 4th stingers. he couldn't get the extra yard, couldn't pass block, couldn't learn the playbook... i mean, come on.

with all the injury troubles the ravens have had at RB (only taking two into the season, then having one get hurt), he couldn't even get on the 53 man roster there.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,988
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

He couldn't pick up the playbook or pass block, no thanks. Sultan McCollough gained a lot of yards in the preseason too. With the RB problems the Ravens have had this season, if he was NFL worthy don't you think he'd been activated by now?
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!
Paintrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
Camp Scrub
 
over the hill gang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 2
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

i would want a 3 time pro bowler and nfl mvp instead of someone who did good in a couple of preseason games
__________________
CLINTON PORTIS NFL MVP
over the hill gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,090
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the hill gang View Post
i would want a 3 time pro bowler and nfl mvp instead of someone who did good in a couple of preseason games
Nice post and welcome to the board.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #23
Camp Scrub
 
CA_Redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 46
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
does'nt the fact that all 31 other teams passed on him when he lead the league in preseason rushing give you a clue that maybe he is'nt the budding superstar that folks think he is?there is a reason nobody else has signed him off the ravens ps.
Ditto.

Is this conversation for real? Mason or Alexander?
CA_Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #24
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the hill gang View Post
i would want a 3 time pro bowler and nfl mvp instead of someone who did good in a couple of preseason games
I think almost anyone would pick a nfl mvp pro bowler everytime. The problem is some of us don't think we are getting the nfl mvp probowler. Some of us think we are getting the broke down RB that was released by Seatle ....you know the one that was knocked out by Marcus Washington, the one that had the knee or foot problems, or perhaps the same on that had the shoulder problem, or maybe the one that had the hand injury. pick your choice.

I at this point in SA career would rather have a "healthy" young eager to play RB that will probably do fairly well now that the O-line has fixed their blocking issues since preseason and the first game against the Giants. Hell he's got to be better then Rock's running East/West in the back field during preseason.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #25
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
does'nt the fact that all 31 other teams passed on him when he lead the league in preseason rushing give you a clue that maybe he is'nt the budding superstar that folks think he is?there is a reason nobody else has signed him off the ravens ps.
I don't think SA was looking to be the temporary replacement for the #2 RB with those other teams.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #26
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think almost anyone would pick a nfl mvp pro bowler everytime. The problem is some of us don't think we are getting the nfl mvp probowler. Some of us think we are getting the broke down RB that was released by Seatle ....you know the one that was knocked out by Marcus Washington, the one that had the knee or foot problems, or perhaps the same on that had the shoulder problem, or maybe the one that had the hand injury. pick your choice.

I at this point in SA career would rather have a "healthy" young eager to play RB that will probably do fairly well now that the O-line has fixed their blocking issues since preseason and the first game against the Giants. Hell he's got to be better then Rock's running East/West in the back field during preseason.
The "healthy" young eager to play RB played terrible against a 1st team defense during the pre-season. Besides, I'm sure the Redskins can pick him up later on, as someone said in another thread, he's not going anywhere.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #27
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Mason vs. Alexander= No brainer

Of course not. Mason has proved nothing in this league, thats why he is on a squad. Alexander has proven a ton, and is very hungry to prove he has gas in the tank. At a low cost salary, this was a great FO move to bring in a guy with his proven background in this league as a #1 RB at a bargain price to backup CP. This is a win,win situation for the Skins.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #28
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Mason vs. Alexander= No brainer

Of course not. Mason has proved nothing in this league, thats why he is on a squad. Alexander has proven a ton, and is very hungry to prove he has gas in the tank. At a low cost salary, this was a great FO move to bring in a guy with his proven background in this league as a #1 RB at a bargain price to backup CP. This is a win,win situation for the Skins.
Ultimately I agree with you on this being a great low cost move, but among the things that Shaun Alexander has "proven" is that he shouldn't be running the ball for an NFL team anymore.

So if we're going to play that angle, I would say I'd have to support Mason.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,200
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

I have a feeling a big part of Alexander's struggles the last couple years were more due to injury than him not having anything left in the tank. Sounds like he's healthy and ready to go now. I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #30
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I have a feeling a big part of Alexander's struggles the last couple years were more due to injury than him not having anything left in the tank. Sounds like he's healthy and ready to go now. I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table.
From the sounds of it, he'll get a chance to spell Portis this Sunday already. I know it's extremely wishful thinking, but if he looks crisp and even the slightest bit like the Alexander of 2005.....
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27584 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25