Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

so the arguments are:

mason isnt that good b/c if he was he wouldnt be sitting on the ravens practice squad?

and

SA is washed up b/c if he wasnt someone would have picked him up this offseason?

well i hope portis' hip flexor he got today isnt bad and he'll be ready to rumble sunday against a modest but not dominating browns d line.

go skins!!!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #32
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
so the arguments are:

mason isnt that good b/c if he was he wouldnt be sitting on the ravens practice squad?

and

SA is washed up b/c if he wasnt someone would have picked him up this offseason?

well i hope portis' hip flexor he got today isnt bad and he'll be ready to rumble sunday against a modest but not dominating browns d line.

go skins!!!!
He actually got the hip pointer on Sunday, which was why he rested yesterday. Apparently it's mild and he'll be fine.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #33
Camp Scrub
 
CA_Redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 46
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Mark it down... Alexander will score a TD this Sunday.

You heard it from me first.
CA_Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

thanks GM, i admit i heard this from word of mouth so thanks for the clarification.

CA redskin - can i get a big "i told you so" when he does? lol, actually that is probaly more likely not to happen then happen so i give you props if your right. i just dont see him getting the ball in the redzone considering how well we run the ball inside the 10. its annoying when people "predict" things that probaly will happen then do the whole "i told you so" thing but your prediction is a lil bold my man so i hope to hear an "i told you so" on monday from you! . .unless of course it comes because CP got hurt, then i blame you for his injury.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #35
Camp Scrub
 
CA_Redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 46
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

My vision is a beautiful draw play on the 45.

Shaun up the gut... a few cuts... jukes... jives... TD.
CA_Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #36
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,445
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Don't get my wrong...I like Mason...but Alexander is a known quantity who won't make rookie mistakes.

However, Alexander worked out for Detroit and Cincinnati, who did not sign him. Both of 'these teams have awful backfields but they still didn't sign Alexander.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Don't get my wrong...I like Mason...but Alexander is a known quantity who won't make rookie mistakes.

However, Alexander worked out for Detroit and Cincinnati, who did not sign him. Both of 'these teams have awful backfields but they still didn't sign Alexander.
They are also teams not exactly known for the stellar personnel moves.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think almost anyone would pick a nfl mvp pro bowler everytime. The problem is some of us don't think we are getting the nfl mvp probowler. Some of us think we are getting the broke down RB that was released by Seatle ....you know the one that was knocked out by Marcus Washington, the one that had the knee or foot problems, or perhaps the same on that had the shoulder problem, or maybe the one that had the hand injury. pick your choice.

I at this point in SA career would rather have a "healthy" young eager to play RB that will probably do fairly well now that the O-line has fixed their blocking issues since preseason and the first game against the Giants. Hell he's got to be better then Rock's running East/West in the back field during preseason.
THANKS FOR SAYING THIS!!!!!

Neither Rock or SA looked that good yesterday. Also if I recalled no one was doing anything with the way the O-line was blocking in preseason against 1-4 stringers...

I thought we learned from getting dried up has beens. SA might have "mark it" 5 productive carries until betts get back..He's not built for the NFC East...

I dont get this notion in thinking we saw something in him that 31 other teams didn't see. And the fact that Mason did good in the preseason and couldn't get extra yards when the O-line was playing so bad even CP couldn't get yards..Now look at CP..Put 1 and 2 together. Whther it is preseason or not Mason had skill. Like I said a while ago on another board what would happen in CP or Betts got hurt. Rock couldn't carried the load...or SA for that matter. What did Rock do in the preseason. 1 good run. Hightower from Arizona did well in the preseason. I guess he isn't good either??
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #39
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

I like signing SA over Mason. But I don't want him to replace Betts. SA still has quickness judging by the few times he carried the ball last Sunday.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #40
Camp Scrub
 
deathGRINDx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 13
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Hey, i liked him just as much as anyone.. but were forgetting he was constantly playing against 3rd string defenses. guys who would never make the cut. maybe z hasnt admitted it yet, but we all know the original plan was a pass happy offense, so there was no sense in keeping a 4th running back. i think if z knew the running offense would be this good, he would have at least kept him on the practice squad. with all of this running, players are bound to get hurt.
__________________
WorthlessOpinion.squarespace.com

a new blog! check it out!
deathGRINDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathGRINDx View Post
Hey, i liked him just as much as anyone.. but were forgetting he was constantly playing against 3rd string defenses. guys who would never make the cut. maybe z hasnt admitted it yet, but we all know the original plan was a pass happy offense, so there was no sense in keeping a 4th running back. i think if z knew the running offense would be this good, he would have at least kept him on the practice squad. with all of this running, players are bound to get hurt.
Excellent point!!
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #42
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

everyone falls in love with sa because of what hes done..but he is washed up otherwise he would still be a seahawk. I am with you on having some youth in the backfield...personally i dont know what our infatuation with betts and rock has been the past two years (i get that rock is stellar on teams...but when is he ever gonna break it) It would be nice to have a shifty young set of legs back there, not a tired old set. Im not saying SA will do terrible. Stephen Davis did wonders for carolina after we cut him and said he was done. BUT i think in this offseason we need to let one of the two backups go and make a move towards grooming some youth..i liked mason he earned a spot. We shoul dhae trded betts when he had some value.
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
everyone falls in love with sa because of what hes done..but he is washed up otherwise he would still be a seahawk. I am with you on having some youth in the backfield...personally i dont know what our infatuation with betts and rock has been the past two years (i get that rock is stellar on teams...but when is he ever gonna break it) It would be nice to have a shifty young set of legs back there, not a tired old set. Im not saying SA will do terrible. Stephen Davis did wonders for carolina after we cut him and said he was done. BUT i think in this offseason we need to let one of the two backups go and make a move towards grooming some youth..i liked mason he earned a spot. We shoul dhae trded betts when he had some value.
Trade Betts for who? Portis is the face of this franchise and will hopefully be here until he decides to hang it up and a young guy is not going to want to play backup forever. Betts is a solid guy who is great as a 2nd stringer and doesn't seem to mind the role. Cutting Rock is out of the question being that we he's basically the best kickoff returner we got. Plus the guy goes out and plays smashmouth football week in and week out. Unless you wanna put ARE back there for kickoffs and you know how terrible he is at running back punts, I don't think you want him running back your kicks as well.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Trade Betts for who? Portis is the face of this franchise and will hopefully be here until he decides to hang it up and a young guy is not going to want to play backup forever. Betts is a solid guy who is great as a 2nd stringer and doesn't seem to mind the role. Cutting Rock is out of the question being that we he's basically the best kickoff returner we got. Plus the guy goes out and plays smashmouth football week in and week out. Unless you wanna put ARE back there for kickoffs and you know how terrible he is at running back punts, I don't think you want him running back your kicks as well.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
What about Devin Thomas as a KR option. He did it in college, and he has excellent size and speed. We may as well get something out of the guy!!!
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #45
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Should we have signed Mason off Ravens PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
What about Devin Thomas as a KR option. He did it in college, and he has excellent size and speed. We may as well get something out of the guy!!!
I remember a few weeks back they were talking about using Thomas for punt returns and people were saying how terrible he was at it during pre-season (I wouldn't know I didn't follow pre-season)
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29124 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25