Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #16
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,151
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

SUISHAM......is getting WAY to much work...FINISH THE DRIVE
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Both Jansen and Heyer had subpar performances yesterday. I'd give Heyer a very small pass for the fact that he hasn't played in a few weeks, and then when he comes back, is thrown in on the other side of the ball. But both certainly need to step it up against the Steelers next Sunday night.

Coach Zorn, do us a favor. Do not go for a 2 point conversion unless the Skins are behind and need to close the gap. While the Lions aren't a juggernaut, they had the opportunity to tie the game late because of your choice to go for 2 when it wasn't completely necessary. I do realize that coaches have a chart that tells them whether or not to go for 2...sometimes common sense trumps charts and graphs.

Maybe ARE needs Devin Thomas to run into him while returning punts? That seems to be key in opening up the lanes...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,151
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Actually, it was a subtle subliminal message to you big boy

yes...freudian slip. I don't want to tell JC I love him...becuase I don't know how I'll react if I don't hear it back
What did you get JC for Christmas?
..............SmootSmack jersey?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,972
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Someone also tell Suisham that he DOESN'T HAVET TO MISS 1 FG / game.
I never saw the game.
Will Samuels be back next week? what about any other injuries any updates on them?
Need to cut the penalties out all together.
Illegal Contact has declined on defenders only because Devin Thomas decided he would take them when hes on the field.
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

What is it with our rookies trying to tackle our returners?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
BringBackJoeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Van Ness, Washington D.C.
Posts: 596
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Someone also tell Suisham that he DOESN'T HAVET TO MISS 1 FG / game.
I never saw the game.
Will Samuels be back next week? what about any other injuries any updates on them?
Need to cut the penalties out all together.
Illegal Contact has declined on defenders only because Devin Thomas decided he would take them when hes on the field.
Suisham was a perfect 7-7 against the Cowboys and Eagles, and followed those two games by hitting his one attempt against the Rams. His one miss against the Lions came on a day in which he nailed four others, three from 40+ yards. He's not perfect, but he's not a guy that I'm inclined to call out.
__________________
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me. Shining like the sun. Smiling having fun. Feeling like a number one.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #22
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Someone also tell Suisham that he DOESN'T HAVET TO MISS 1 FG / game.
I never saw the game.
Will Samuels be back next week? what about any other injuries any updates on them?
Need to cut the penalties out all together.
Illegal Contact has declined on defenders only because Devin Thomas decided he would take them when hes on the field.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure 4 of his 5 missed FGs on the year were from longer than 50 yards. He does have a long of 50 this year, but there aren't too many outdoor kickers who routinely hit all of their 50+ yard attempts.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,102
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
Jansen's facemask penalty was horseshit! I don't think he touched the facemask at all.
I mentioned this earlier, and it bears repeating - the competition committe should change the rule and allow facemask to be reviewable if the offending team feels that the officials blew it. On more than one occasion this year, I've seen a facemask called when it was never touched. 15 yards is a harsh penalty for an instance when the official blows the call.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,702
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Both Jansen and Heyer had subpar performances yesterday. I'd give Heyer a very small pass for the fact that he hasn't played in a few weeks, and then when he comes back, is thrown in on the other side of the ball. But both certainly need to step it up against the Steelers next Sunday night.

Coach Zorn, do us a favor. Do not go for a 2 point conversion unless the Skins are behind and need to close the gap. While the Lions aren't a juggernaut, they had the opportunity to tie the game late because of your choice to go for 2 when it wasn't completely necessary. I do realize that coaches have a chart that tells them whether or not to go for 2...sometimes common sense trumps charts and graphs.

Maybe ARE needs Devin Thomas to run into him while returning punts? That seems to be key in opening up the lanes...
I agree on the 2-point thing. You save the 2-pointer until the end of the game, say within the final five minutes. Most of the 4th quarter was still remaining when we went for it. That one point which we gave up could have been big, given that the margin of victory was 8.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The facemask on Jansen was a horrible call, just horrible.

I can't even get mad at JC for the fumbles. The protection on the left side was pretty bad, and he more than made up for it with his overall performance.

My only gripe, we need more points.

Matty is spot on with that facemask. Didn't see squat on the replay on the jumbotron at Ford Field. My only concern is that JC can't go with no backs to help block him. IF Zorny does go no back, he better put an extra TE in their at least. JC got destroyed during the last fumble.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #26
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,669
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

I've been thinking that the Redskins need to start practicing for penalities. Obviously prevention isn't working and everytime we get a penalty (even if it's just a 5 yard false start) we fail to recover. I can't think of one time this year where we converted for a first after a penalty. I guess the best thing to do would be to call back plays in practice and give the offense a goal. Maybe they're doing this already, of course I don't know what goes on at Redskin Park, but at the very least if we're going to get these penalties we have to learn how to recover. You can't just lay down and die because you lost five yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Matty is spot on with that facemask. Didn't see squat on the replay on the jumbotron at Ford Field. My only concern is that JC can't go with no backs to help block him. IF Zorny does go no back, he better put an extra TE in their at least. JC got destroyed during the last fumble.
Man thats cool that you actually got a chance to go. However how in the world did you get tickets to a Lions game? Just kidding of course I agree based on the crappy streaming quality on my end that the call on Jansen was bull. Of course later when they called two straight penalties on Gosder Cherilus I kept on thinking man thats unfair that they're picking on the guy, damn refs (yes I realize he's on the other team but if it can happen to them it can happen to us). Of course after seeing the replay I could see that those were two of the ugliest cases of holding that I had ever seen.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #27
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I've been thinking that the Redskins need to start practicing for penalities. Obviously prevention isn't working and everytime we get a penalty (even if it's just a 5 yard false start) we fail to recover. I can't think of one time this year where we converted for a first after a penalty. I guess the best thing to do would be to call back plays in practice and give the offense a goal. Maybe they're doing this already, of course I don't know what goes on at Redskin Park, but at the very least if we're going to get these penalties we have to learn how to recover. You can't just lay down and die because you lost five yards.
It happened yesterday and I'm sure this isn't the only time this year.

Check the Redskins drive at 02:22 in the 2nd qtr

NFL Game Center: Play-by-Play - Washington Redskins at Detroit Lions - 2008 8
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #28
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,669
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It happened yesterday and I'm sure this isn't the only time this year.

Check the Redskins drive at 02:22 in the 2nd qtr

NFL Game Center: Play-by-Play - Washington Redskins at Detroit Lions - 2008 8
Well in that case I'm glad to hear that I wasn't totally right on that point. Though I really wish they would do a better job of getting back on their feet after these setbacks especially if we're going to get these penalities anyway.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #29
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

Gotta lay the smack on Alexander. When Portis is getting his headgear fixed and then fighting with coach, backup must produce! I have always thought he was overrated but we could have stuck Durant Brooks in the backfield and gotten the same production. Shaun Alexander, hit the hole or donate your check and go home.
Other than that, Jansen got screwed. Not only was his penalty complete crap (the personal foul not the holding that was his fault) but nobody even mentions how the left side was fodder for the run while the right stayed strong.
Heyer is a great pass blocker but the reason he wasn't drafted is his run grading. Unless Buges can teach him, he will never be a complete tackle.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #30
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs Lions)

heyer, heyer, heyer...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30033 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25