Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


6-2 thru mid-season

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,700
6-2 thru mid-season

Well guys, I thought we should start a thread thanking the new coach and our team for a great season to this point.

I am not crowning the team as champions of the East or saying we are in the playoffs, but I want to thank all our players, Coach Zorn and the whole Redskins staff.

Thanks you guys!! I expect the second half of the season to be just as good. This could finally be our year to win the division and who knows what else. Keep up the good work guys and strive to keep getting better each week.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Before the season started I would have expected 4-4 at this point, maybe 5-3 at best. The scary part is this team is capable of playing so much better. They're still working out the kinks but they're winning in the process.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,961
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Yeah 6-2 was just not something I thought we'd do. I might have optimistically thought we could do it with some help but it wouldn't have been reasonable. That said I think we're walking a line right now and we need to take some serious steps away from it. We have to start putting a little dominance into our performance. Not saying we need to win 40-0 every week but we have to impose our will and finish better or we could be 2-6 down the stretch. The positive is that this team is playing better football collectively than we have in years.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,700
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Before the season started I would have expected 4-4 at this point, maybe 5-3 at best. The scary part is this team is capable of playing so much better. They're still working out the kinks but they're winning in the process.
Matty I completely agree with you. I did not have any idea what to expect out of this team or our new coach. And you are right, if we can figure out how to put this offense together we can be scary good.

The way Zorn has released some of that talent that Jason has is awesome and it makes you feel good about the future of this team with Jason at the helm. As long as he continues to improve.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

JC with 0 INTs through 8 games. Nobody would have guessed that back in August.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,222
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Im with FRPLG. I'm happy for the strong start as far as record goes, but we have a lot of work to go. If we work on our red-zone offense we could be a damn good team.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

I never thought this team would be 6-2 at this point. Its amazing what a coach with a modern concept of the game can do.

This team is 2/3 of the way to the playoffs with half the season to go. The have put themselves in an excellent position at the mid point of the season. Now they need to bear down and get to 9 wins asap.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,700
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
JC with 0 INTs through 8 games. Nobody would have guessed that back in August.

No Ints and how about only one fumble. Last year he was a fumble machine!!
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
Special Teams
 
InsanePianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 400
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

This is the best Redskins team I can ever remember watching. (I was 2 years old in 1991) They may not be dominant but they are getting it done. 6-2 is just amazing after years and years of 2-4 and 3-5 starts leading to 8-8 and 7-9 seasons.

Jason Campbell is looking like a pro bowl quarterback this year so far, and if you had told me in August that he would have 0 interceptions after 8 games, I would've asked you if it was Todd or Colt that took his job.

Lets just pray that they can improve and limit stupid mistakes, and we could be looking at a deep run and maybe even some home games in the playoffs.
InsanePianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanePianist View Post
This is the best Redskins team I can ever remember watching. (I was 2 years old in 1991) They may not be dominant but they are getting it done. 6-2 is just amazing after years and years of 2-4 and 3-5 starts leading to 8-8 and 7-9 seasons.

Jason Campbell is looking like a pro bowl quarterback this year so far, and if you had told me in August that he would have 0 interceptions after 8 games, I would've asked you if it was Todd or Colt that took his job.

Lets just pray that they can improve and limit stupid mistakes, and we could be looking at a deep run and maybe even some home games in the playoffs.
I mean, they started 5-3 in 2007 and 2005 and 1999 (I won't mention the 6-2 start in 2000). Let's not get too crazy with the 'greatest team since 1991' thing. Steelers are going to be tough this week.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
Impact Rookie
 
Takeuon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 573
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Well guys, I thought we should start a thread thanking the new coach and our team for a great season to this point.

I am not crowning the team as champions of the East or saying we are in the playoffs, but I want to thank all our players, Coach Zorn and the whole Redskins staff.

Thanks you guys!! I expect the second half of the season to be just as good. This could finally be our year to win the division and who knows what else. Keep up the good work guys and strive to keep getting better each week.
Well said!
And please..... I don't want to hear how we are not winning "pretty" or we "should have won by a larger margin." I mean C'mon! The truth is if we hadn't committed so many of those garbage penalties that kept their drive alive (ending in a TD) and stopped who knows how many of our 1st downs the game would have been a blow out. But at the end of the season we all know a win is a win.
The thing is any one team going into playing a winless team could have lost or sweated out the game out with a close win. ANY TEAM! Now I'm sure the Chicago forums are all saying "watch the trap game"..."lets not play down to a winless team"....just like we were. LOL
__________________
#21 Will always be missed. Gone but not forgotten
Takeuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
birdz4gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 370
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Before the season started I would have expected 4-4 at this point, maybe 5-3 at best. The scary part is this team is capable of playing so much better. They're still working out the kinks but they're winning in the process.
oh soo true matty..i like what i,ve seen to this point with still alot to work on..

the stretch run will tell us all.....thanks here too and keep it going..
__________________
****go skins*******
birdz4gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Yeah 6-2 was just not something I thought we'd do. I might have optimistically thought we could do it with some help but it wouldn't have been reasonable. That said I think we're walking a line right now and we need to take some serious steps away from it. We have to start putting a little dominance into our performance. Not saying we need to win 40-0 every week but we have to impose our will and finish better or we could be 2-6 down the stretch. The positive is that this team is playing better football collectively than we have in years.
I agree. We could very easily be 4-4 also. We haven't been turning the ball over and still just pulling out wins. If we are really that good, then we should be winning by bigger margins playing turnover free games against the teams we have faced the past 3 weeks.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,316
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

Great job by the team, they're exceeding expectations.

I'm thrilled with our ability to move the ball, but I want to see us winning the turnover battle. Lately we've been losing that battle.

When we go to play NYG, Dallas, and Philly again - the games that will make or break our season - we're going to need the turnover battle on our side.

The offense is doing a decent enough job protecting the football lately, but the defense isn't generating any. We need to turn that around, and I'd point toward the pass rush. We need to generate more pressure on the QB, that should lead to the turnovers which would allow us to start winning more convincingly.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: 6-2 thru mid-season

We had a couple of turnover chances yesterday on fumbles that literally didn't bounce our way, those are so frustrating. And of course Rogers had one bounce off his hands, again. But at least he's playing at a high level.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27679 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25