Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #31
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,338
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

We need to get some breathing room from Dallas. Also, their implosion is entertaining
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
Takeuon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 573
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I agree with the premise of your argument: Regardless of any hatred for the Cowboys, I desire the path that helps the Skins' post-season chances the most. The best of all outcomes is that the Skins succeed and the Cowboys fail miserably. Ultimately, however, regardless of the Cowboys' success or failure, I would much rather have the Skins' succeed.

I disagree, however, with your application: At this time of the season, it is pure speculation as to whether a Dallas or Giant win wil be more helpful to us at the END of the season. It may turn out that the Giants' schedule causes them three or four losses and that, after Romo's return, the Cowboys go on a roll (well - after, playing us). In that case, we may well be saying "Damn, if the Giants had just beaten them back in October, we'd be sitting pretty". Alternatively, a good Giant beat down of the Cowboys may 'cause more dissension right before the bye and lead to their final implosion. Right now, it's just too damn random as to who will be the bigger threat down the road.

Realize what a special moment in your life this is: Rare are the times in life that, after a careful logical analysis, you realize you can just ride your emotions for all their worth. In such cases, even irrational hatred is logical. This is one of those times. Since that's the case, just go with your gut and let your Cowboys hate flow for all your worth. Consider it a primal cleansing.

Enjoy the Cowboy hate, feel it, be one with it. Through a rare convergence of nature's logic and randomness, the Universe has declared that, this weekend, it will be good for all Skns fans.

It is truly a beautiful thing.

Now that's good! Well said Joe! HUH!??

HAIL !!!
__________________
#21 Will always be missed. Gone but not forgotten

Last edited by Takeuon; 10-30-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Takeuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Well Said. Truely a work of art. I bow to you JoeRedskin.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #34
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nope, I want to see Dallas get buried. The division is likely to come down to the Giants and Skins anyway. The further Dallas can be pushed down the ladder the better.
Same, I don't really care if the Giants win. We have a chance to catch up towards the end of the season.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #35
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior111 View Post
Coming into all this, I was thrilled to find out that Redskins rival was Dallas, my jerk-off neo-pedifilic bosses' favorite team. Without much background knowledge I easily jumped on board with this part of our franchise.

A Dallas / Redskin superbowl one day would be fun for the amount of emmotion it would have...But there is another aspect of football I like better. I've been a martial artist and student of the warrior tradition for years. Football for me is very reminesent of Spartan phalax style combat.

In that light, I see the giants as an honorable franchise. Not my franchise. But a respectable one. And one we would be honored to wage war against. If we are like sparta they are like Troy. But the Athenean boy-lovers in Dallas are not honorable opponets. Should we root for the them because we fear NY? I fear no one! Nor do the Redskins.
That would never happen because we are in the same division.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #36
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerotten View Post
That would never happen because we are in the same division.

and the same(NFC)conference.
Sorry, meant to say conference...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #37
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,100
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

ROUT THE BOY'S, LIGHT T.O.'s FUSE!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #38
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,742
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I agree with the premise of your argument: Regardless of any hatred for the Cowboys, I desire the path that helps the Skins' post-season chances the most. The best of all outcomes is that the Skins succeed and the Cowboys fail miserably. Ultimately, however, regardless of the Cowboys' success or failure, I would much rather have the Skins' succeed.

I disagree, however, with your application: At this time of the season, it is pure speculation as to whether a Dallas or Giant win wil be more helpful to us at the END of the season. It may turn out that the Giants' schedule causes them three or four losses and that, after Romo's return, the Cowboys go on a roll (well - after, playing us). In that case, we may well be saying "Damn, if the Giants had just beaten them back in October, we'd be sitting pretty". Alternatively, a good Giant beat down of the Cowboys may 'cause more dissension right before the bye and lead to their final implosion. Right now, it's just too damn random as to who will be the bigger threat down the road.

Realize what a special moment in your life this is: Rare are the times in life that, after a careful logical analysis, you realize you can just ride your emotions for all their worth. In such cases, even irrational hatred is logical. This is one of those times. Since that's the case, just go with your gut and let your Cowboys hate flow for all your worth. Consider it a primal cleansing.

Enjoy the Cowboy hate, feel it, be one with it. Through a rare convergence of nature's logic and randomness, the Universe has declared that, this weekend, it will be good for all Skns fans.

It is truly a beautiful thing.
Ok Spock, Captain Kirk needs you on the bridge!!
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #39
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,675
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Ok Spock, Captain Kirk needs you on the bridge!!
Damn you ... Cowboy bastards... you ... sucksobad!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 10-29-2008 at 04:27 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #40
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,123
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock804 View Post
Dallas needs to loose but during the game Eli gets hurt and taken out for the season.

.........well that's class for ya.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #41
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
I agree with the premise of your argument: Regardless of any hatred for the Cowboys, I desire the path that helps the Skins' post-season chances the most. The best of all outcomes is that the Skins succeed and the Cowboys fail miserably. Ultimately, however, regardless of the Cowboys' success or failure, I would much rather have the Skins' succeed.

I disagree, however, with your application: At this time of the season, it is pure speculation as to whether a Dallas or Giant win wil be more helpful to us at the END of the season. It may turn out that the Giants' schedule causes them three or four losses and that, after Romo's return, the Cowboys go on a roll (well - after, playing us). In that case, we may well be saying "Damn, if the Giants had just beaten them back in October, we'd be sitting pretty". Alternatively, a good Giant beat down of the Cowboys may 'cause more dissension right before the bye and lead to their final implosion. Right now, it's just too damn random as to who will be the bigger threat down the road.

Realize what a special moment in your life this is: Rare are the times in life that, after a careful logical analysis, you realize you can just ride your emotions for all their worth. In such cases, even irrational hatred is logical. This is one of those times. Since that's the case, just go with your gut and let your Cowboys hate flow for all your worth. Consider it a primal cleansing.

Enjoy the Cowboy hate, feel it, be one with it. Through a rare convergence of nature's logic and randomness, the Universe has declared that, this weekend, it will be good for all Skns fans.

It is truly a beautiful thing.
Joe,

There's one issue. Im looking at tie breakers already. The Giants beat us. Dallas has not, up to this point, handed us a loss. With the type of ball they're playing right now, I feel like we can beat Dallas after the bye. Which gives us two wins over them. At best we can go 1-1 with the Giants. It will be a while to see how the tie breaker system is working out, but right now I feel Dallas winning is an advantage Redskins.

All in all, I just want to win the division. Im guessing a Dallas win this week gives us the best chance.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #42
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,675
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Joe,

There's one issue. Im looking at tie breakers already. The Giants beat us. Dallas has not, up to this point, handed us a loss. With the type of ball they're playing right now, I feel like we can beat Dallas after the bye. Which gives us two wins over them. At best we can go 1-1 with the Giants. It will be a while to see how the tie breaker system is working out, but right now I feel Dallas winning is an advantage Redskins.

All in all, I just want to win the division. Im guessing a Dallas win this week gives us the best chance.
And if the Cowboys beat the Giants and we beat the Giants and the Giants beat Philly but Philly beats Dallas etc. Again, I get what you're saying. Regardless, it's all a giant (pardon the pun) guess as to what division wins and losses will be most beneficial to the Skins. If the records were different, then fine it may be appropriate to say that a Cowboys win will unequivocally be beneficial to us. Given the current records, however, a Cowboys win may end up being worse for the Skins post season chances. Since it can still go either way - HATE THE COWBOYS.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #43
Special Teams
 
Hogroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cecil-tucky, MD
Age: 49
Posts: 274
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I agree with the premise of your argument: Regardless of any hatred for the Cowboys, I desire the path that helps the Skins' post-season chances the most. The best of all outcomes is that the Skins succeed and the Cowboys fail miserably. Ultimately, however, regardless of the Cowboys' success or failure, I would much rather have the Skins' succeed.

I disagree, however, with your application: At this time of the season, it is pure speculation as to whether a Dallas or Giant win wil be more helpful to us at the END of the season. It may turn out that the Giants' schedule causes them three or four losses and that, after Romo's return, the Cowboys go on a roll (well - after, playing us). In that case, we may well be saying "Damn, if the Giants had just beaten them back in October, we'd be sitting pretty". Alternatively, a good Giant beat down of the Cowboys may 'cause more dissension right before the bye and lead to their final implosion. Right now, it's just too damn random as to who will be the bigger threat down the road.

Realize what a special moment in your life this is: Rare are the times in life that, after a careful logical analysis, you realize you can just ride your emotions for all their worth. In such cases, even irrational hatred is logical. This is one of those times. Since that's the case, just go with your gut and let your Cowboys hate flow for all your worth. Consider it a primal cleansing.

Enjoy the Cowboy hate, feel it, be one with it. Through a rare convergence of nature's logic and randomness, the Universe has declared that, this weekend, it will be good for all Skns fans.

It is truly a beautiful thing.
Ouch, my head hurts. I feel like I just heard closing arguments.
__________________
Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theismann
Hogroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #44
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,123
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
It's worth noting that record-wise the Giants have already played the easiest chunk of their schedule by far. Their remaining opponents are a combined 32-20, good for the tougest second half schedule in football. I think it's pretty safe to say they will drop off a little.

I think it's best Dallas gets a nice pounding this weekend.
Since you brought it up......................
What the Giants have left.


Nov. 2COWBOYS4:15 FOX , Nov. 9at Eagles8:15NBC , Nov. 16RAVENS1:00CBS, Nov. 23at Cardinals4:15FOX , Nov. 30at Redskins1:00FOX ,Dec. 7EAGLES1:00FOX ,Dec. 14at Cowboys8:15NBC ,Dec. 21PANTHERS1:00FOX ,Dec. 28at Vikings1:00FOX.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #45
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,675
Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogroll View Post
Ouch, my head hurts. I feel like I just heard closing arguments.
Let me sum up - HATE THE COWBOYS. The cosmic forces have declared it good for the soul.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32695 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25