Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The O Line

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
Ijaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 130
Re: The O Line

Just saw Ryan Clark fined 5K for honoring ST with a #21 sticker. Snyder should pay the fine for the whole team to do it. I know this doesn't belong here but hey I'm new to this
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: The O Line

Snyder should pick up the tab for a player on another team?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 48
Posts: 469
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think your timeframe to replace these guys is a little too quick. Rabach is 31, he could have another 3-4 quality seasons left. Kendall is definitely nearing the end at 35, but for now he's still playing at a high level, who knows he could have another 1-2 seasons in him as a starter with the way he's playing. He's at least worth bringing back as a quality backup. Jansen is 32, I wouldn't write him off just yet either. Samuels is 31, he could have another 3-4 quality seasons as a starter no problem. Thomas is 32, again maybe another 2-3 years for him.

No need to panic. We have Rinehart and Heyer in the wings as potential starters, there's time to draft and bring in free agents, and realistically the entire line won't turn over until probably 5 years from now.
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe we have a bunch of geriatrics playing for us now, but I'm concerned that we are two injuries away from a pretty weak line. OK Portis got 126 Sunday, but as GTRIPP points out, his average was pumped up by a few medium to long runs. If Heyer can't play LT now (as effectively as Samuels), he probably never can. Hence my think we have lack of depth at LT and interior line.

I don't expect we have to replace the whole line in one year, but I suppose my original query was really asking if there are prospects coming out of college over the next couple of years that can give us that depth and replace the current line in 2-4 years.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijaeger View Post
Just saw Ryan Clark fined 5K for honoring ST with a #21 sticker. Snyder should pay the fine for the whole team to do it. I know this doesn't belong here but hey I'm new to this
I love posts like these. Not so new that you know the post is out of place, but new enough that you can use your "newness" as an excuse. Good stuff!

Anyhow, I'm sure Clark will gladly pay the fine himself.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think your timeframe to replace these guys is a little too quick. Rabach is 31, he could have another 3-4 quality seasons left. Kendall is definitely nearing the end at 35, but for now he's still playing at a high level, who knows he could have another 1-2 seasons in him as a starter with the way he's playing. He's at least worth bringing back as a quality backup. Jansen is 32, I wouldn't write him off just yet either. Samuels is 31, he could have another 3-4 quality seasons as a starter no problem. Thomas is 32, again maybe another 2-3 years for him.

No need to panic. We have Rinehart and Heyer in the wings as potential starters, there's time to draft and bring in free agents, and realistically the entire line won't turn over until probably 5 years from now.
This is definitely a best case scenario thou. Oline is a tough position and injuries are pretty much a given and at the age of some of these guys another major injury could be the end. If there is a stud Oline guy available then I would prefer we take them.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: The O Line

I know this does'nt belong here, but hey, I'm new to this. Anybody know where I can find some cheap hookers and some cat costumes?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
Ijaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 130
Smile Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Snyder should pick up the tab for a player on another team?
No, just for Redskins only
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
Ijaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 130
Smile Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I love posts like these. Not so new that you know the post is out of place, but new enough that you can use your "newness" as an excuse. Good stuff!

Anyhow, I'm sure Clark will gladly pay the fine himself.

Thank ya, thank ya very much
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijaeger View Post
No, just for Redskins only
Ryan Clark isn't a Redskin
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
Ijaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 130
Smile Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I know this does'nt belong here, but hey, I'm new to this. Anybody know where I can find some cheap hookers and some cat costumes?
Ha Ha, guess I gotta take my shots eventually. On a serious note, I might be able to help with the cheap hookers, but not so sure about the costumes
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #26
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,464
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
This is definitely a best case scenario thou. Oline is a tough position and injuries are pretty much a given and at the age of some of these guys another major injury could be the end. If there is a stud Oline guy available then I would prefer we take them.
Here's my man crush for the 2009 NFL draft: Player Bio: Alex Mack :: Football
WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Draft Prospects - Alex Mack Profile

It's funny because it also involves my OLD crush for the REAL Alex Mack:

__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
Ijaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 130
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Ryan Clark isn't a Redskin
Even though I admit I don't keep up with every NFL team, I do keep up with Washington ,and, yes I know Clark isn't a Skin anymore, but I knew he was close with ST and that's cool of him to accept a fine in memory of Taylor. I just didn't know if the Redskins players were allowed to wear the #21 sticker on their helmets w/o being fined as well. If that were the case, Im sure many skins players would happily pay the fine to honor ST, but I think it would be classy of Snyder to pay the fine for any player who wants to participate. If this is not the case and Skins players can honor with no fine, then I apologize for even bringing it up. By the way, is Clark still in Pitt.?
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #28
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: The O Line

I heard the best Olinemen in next years draft can be found in the 2nd and 5th round.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: The O Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijaeger View Post
Ha Ha, guess I gotta take my shots eventually. On a serious note, I might be able to help with the cheap hookers, but not so sure about the costumes
Just keeping things light.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #30
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: The O Line

Besides TheMalcolmConnection, am I the only one intrigued by this guy Alex Mack? He looks to be an awesome talent. I would love to see this guy on our line. I hope we take a look at him and consider him on draft day. He looks like he could anchor a ship, let alone an O-Line. Projected to be a starter at center or guard as a rookie.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29487 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25