Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #796
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

This team is entirely different without Santana Moss stretching the field. I hope he heals up during the bye week.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #797
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Wow, I guess I was lucky tonight. A friend of mine had an extra ticket to see Coldplay, and I said what the heck. Great concert!!!!!!!! Obviosly I made the right choice. Looking at the game stats and the comments on here, it really was a dud. I am very glad I started Ryan instead of Campbell on my fantasy team. I had a feeling with all the attention on JC not throwing a pick that he wouldn't disappoint and throw some. Seems we still some ways to go til we are a real contender.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #798
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 15,126
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I meant tonite genius.
yo wile e. thanks for clarifying.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #799
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 8,606
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

We are a slightly above average team, and many of knew that deep down inside. Now it is finally out in the open.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #800
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,501
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
yo wile e. thanks for clarifying.
no problem.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #801
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 29
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Late byes are a much bigger disadvantage than anyone realizes. You spend all of October and November playing teams that are coming off byes, or have recently had their bye. With that said, this team went 2-2 against teams that already had their bye, and that's pretty good.

We got our asses crushed tonight. Once that homefield advantage wore off in the first quarter, they killed us on both sides of the ball. Blache called an awful game, but with the way the offensive line played, it probably doesn't matter.

We got outplayed and outcoached, but it is what it is. The game doesn't mean anything in terms of tiebreakers, and if we go out and kill Dallas, everyone forgets this one. It's going to be well in the past by the next time we play.

The only thing we have to fix is on the offensive line, and it's the same issues we had in the last four games. Totally unblocked guys coming through on the quarterback are completely unacceptable for an offense as strong as us. Jon Jansen can't play tackle in the NFL anymore. We have to stop pretending like he can. He's a utility lineman at this point. Stephon Heyer should start at RT. Casey Rabach probably shouldn't be playing in the NFL because he can't read blitz packages at all. I feel bad for poor Randy Thomas, stuck between those two against the pass, theres just no winning.

Samuels, I feel, didn't play all that bad. The holding calls were likely a direct result of his lack of mobility, but when you start talking about weak links, Samuels is about 7th on the list for the offense tonight. We have two gaping holes on the offensive line.

And like pretty much every QB, Campbell is inaccurate when he gets rattled.

Also: Steelers are way better with Leftwich at QB than Roethlisberger. That's no mistake. Ben takes sacks, Byron throws the football. That's the difference. If they can protect Ben, he's great, but this Steelers team is better with Leftwich, who was amazing tonight.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #802
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 53
Posts: 3,379
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
What a fucking mess. Ugh, disgusting. We better figure out how to score some damn touchdowns or there won't be any playoffs this year. That game was basically a shutout. Pitt gave us the 6 pts early with the onsides kick and the pick. Most disgusted I've felt in a while.

LVP (Least Valuable Players)

Devin Thomas- ok, so Moss is out and you show us... absolutely... nothing. Great job.
Oline- Really, blocking, its still legal.
Secondary- How about covering someone (anyone?) on third down.
I disagree about the Secondary - Blache put them on an island by blitzing all night. I'm more pissed about the Rogers drop than with the overall secondary coverage.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #803
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,836
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

It pissed me off so much seeing that many Steelers fans in our own damn home. I was completely embarressed, especially when the Skins were on offense and it was loud enough to be an away game. Not to mention hearing loud cheers when the Steelers had good plays.

Tonight was a bad game. 7 sacks? I don't think I've seen that many since the Spurrier days, and I can't even pinpoint one game from that time period. I think it just goes to show we still have work to do on offense, our defense played good ball but they couldn't keep the Steelers out the end zone and the end result was that.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 AM   #804
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,501
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I disagree about the Secondary - Blache put them on an island by blitzing all night. I'm more pissed about the Rogers drop than with the overall secondary coverage.
Two big plays...well three big plays given up by the secondary...the PI on Ward, giving Santonio Holmes like 10 yds of space by the endzone, and Rogers dropping that INT.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #805
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 28
Posts: 13,123
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
yo wile e. thanks for clarifying.
Wil E Coyote super genius, I have a question if he was so smart why did he keep buying acme products like the slingshot when all it did was slam him into a tree or the ground or fall on him
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #806
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,501
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Wil E Coyote super genius, I have a question if he was so smart why did he keep buying acme products like the slingshot when all it did was slam him into a tree or the ground or fall on him
I think tonite's playbook was an Acme product. LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #807
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Late byes are a much bigger disadvantage than anyone realizes. You spend all of October and November playing teams that are coming off byes, or have recently had their bye. With that said, this team went 2-2 against teams that already had their bye, and that's pretty good.

We got our asses crushed tonight. Once that homefield advantage wore off in the first quarter, they killed us on both sides of the ball. Blache called an awful game, but with the way the offensive line played, it probably doesn't matter.

We got outplayed and outcoached, but it is what it is. The game doesn't mean anything in terms of tiebreakers, and if we go out and kill Dallas, everyone forgets this one. It's going to be well in the past by the next time we play.

The only thing we have to fix is on the offensive line, and it's the same issues we had in the last four games. Totally unblocked guys coming through on the quarterback are completely unacceptable for an offense as strong as us. Jon Jansen can't play tackle in the NFL anymore. We have to stop pretending like he can. He's a utility lineman at this point. Stephon Heyer should start at RT. Casey Rabach probably shouldn't be playing in the NFL because he can't read blitz packages at all. I feel bad for poor Randy Thomas, stuck between those two against the pass, theres just no winning.

Samuels, I feel, didn't play all that bad. The holding calls were likely a direct result of his lack of mobility, but when you start talking about weak links, Samuels is about 7th on the list for the offense tonight. We have two gaping holes on the offensive line.

And like pretty much every QB, Campbell is inaccurate when he gets rattled.

Also: Steelers are way better with Leftwich at QB than Roethlisberger. That's no mistake. Ben takes sacks, Byron throws the football. That's the difference. If they can protect Ben, he's great, but this Steelers team is better with Leftwich, who was amazing tonight.
I can't believe I'm reading that. And what's more... I can't believe how much I agree with that, at least for this game.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #808
Special Teams
 
MiraclesHappen07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richlands, Va
Posts: 318
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

what pissed me more is our deffense playing their hearts out in the whole game and our offense continues to struggle! So damn irratating
__________________
Resistance is futile, The Burgundy and Gold are coming!!!

"Football can like a box of chocolates, nevers know what your gona get any given sunday"-From zach williams, revised verison from Forest Gump
MiraclesHappen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #809
Special Teams
 
CanadianSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Age: 41
Posts: 226
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

We got beat by the best defence in the league. We have played 9 regular season games in a row, and then add the 5 preseason games. It is all good. If someone said wew ould be 6-3 going into the bye I would be totally pumped. We will hopefully get Taylor and Springs back heathly and others that are nicked up. So come one Skisn fans, we are looking good to make the playoffs and possibly win the division. Also we alsways win the Superbowl after the Giants do so, keep your head up and your chest out cause we are going to kill Dallas in two weeks.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!
__________________
HTTR from North of the 49th!!!!!

Two things I love.... Canada and the Redskins!!!!
CanadianSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #810
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Redskins vs. Steelers Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
We are a slightly above average team, and many of knew that deep down inside. Now it is finally out in the open.

I have to agree with you for the most part. When all of our cylinders are working, we are a rather solid team, but we are banged up, and with an offensive system that isn't conducive to scoring for us for some reason. Right now, I can envision us at 9-7 or 8-8.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19986 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25