Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #61
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I started giving my tix away when I got a big screen HD tv. I'd invite my buddies over and we had a great time eating and drinking. Less hassle, less cost, better beer, better food. I though about keeping the tix and going to a game or 2 but realized it just wasnt worth the expense (as mentioned in a previous post, these tix are expensive) of buying a whole season and giving away all but a couple games. I gave my tix to whoever would take them and let me tell you, a lot of times it wasnt easy giving away tix to Skins fans or any other fans.
People forget that when you have tickets the preseasons games are just a loss unless you go to the game. I don't. I had four season tic's and thats a loss of $520 just for the preseason games. I tried to add that loss to my ticket price but that only worked twice. I'm not complaining but people need to understand that we are talking real dollars and for me to just eat the price was $260 and that does not include tax's and other charges. I just decide it was cheaper to buy them on stubhub when I wanted to attend a game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Glad you can afford to do that. I can't. If you're willing to eat the cost of my tix also, I guarrantee that no one but Skins fans will sit in those seats.

People think season tix are a great financial investment. They're aren't. They are expensive and, yeah, their is a game or two you can sell for a profit, but mostly just getting cost is difficult. For me, its a two hundred dollar loss if the tix can't be sold. If you've that kind of money to toss out the door, more power to you. Me? not so much - I got kids, tuition and mortgages and tiny tiny amount for savings.

Just a heads up - next year I will be selling two season tix. Assuming costs don't rise, anyone on this site can have them for my cost ~$2,200 (remember, you have to pay full price for 2 exhibition games). The money is due in April - so start saving now. That way you can buy'em, sell'em for a profit, eat them on game day or make sure they go to Skins fans.
I agree 100%. I sold my tickets for last nights game because I live in New Jersey and would need 2 days off from work to go to a Monday night game. I too have a family and can not afford to just throw away $200 on top of the preseason losses just to ensure there are no Pitt fans in my seats. It's very easy to pass judgement from your sofa...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #63
Special Teams
 
bigmarley4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 219
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

I'm a season ticker holder with 6 tickets who had to sell 4 to Steelers fans (sold over craigslist, I have no idea what kind of fan they are). I'm not sure why season ticket holders are getting the blame for selling tickets when Skins fans can go just as easily. The only way I can afford to go at all is by selling tickets at fair value for the big games (Cowboys, Steelers, etc). The fact is, if SKINS fans would go and pay fair value, this wouldn't be an issue. I'm not wealthy at all and so for me going to the games is a real luxury, and I cannot afford to lose $500-$1000 by selling my tickets for less than face or giving them away to Skins fans.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #64
Special Teams
 
bigmarley4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 219
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
People forget that when you have tickets the preseasons games are just a loss unless you go to the game. I don't. I had four season tic's and thats a loss of $520 just for the preseason games. I tried to add that loss to my ticket price but that only worked twice. I'm not complaining but people need to understand that we are talking real dollars and for me to just eat the price was $260 and that does not include tax's and other charges. I just decide it was cheaper to buy them on stubhub when I wanted to attend a game.
Great point. Face value is spread out over 10 games, including preseason, so in my example my tickets have a face value of $80 (before pg country taxes and absurd fees). Anyone here ponying up $80 for the Jacksonville preason game? Didn't think so... so season ticket holders have to amortize that over the rest of the season by selling for greater then the "redskins face". And the fact is a lot of Skins fans don't want to pay to go, but our opponents do.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #65
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
People forget that when you have tickets the preseasons games are just a loss unless you go to the game. I don't. I had four season tic's and thats a loss of $520 just for the preseason games. I tried to add that loss to my ticket price but that only worked twice. I'm not complaining but people need to understand that we are talking real dollars and for me to just eat the price was $260 and that does not include tax's and other charges. I just decide it was cheaper to buy them on stubhub when I wanted to attend a game.
I agree. I sold my tickets to last nights game and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. People want to talk like its a big deal, but you know what, when you drop 1500.00 a year on season tickets,another 500 on parking, FREAKING PARKING, when you only make 28-29,000 a year, than its your right. I offered my tickets up to a few people I knew who were Redskins fans, they didnt want to go, so I put them on tickets now. I sold them to people in Virginia, I have no idea if they were Skins' fans or not, and I really dont care. I was as embarassed as anyone last night watching them take over that stadium, but like he said, these are real dollars. I already took a loss on the preseason tickets, and I "sold" them to a Redskins fan, on this site, who has still yet to pay me for them. So unless its someone I know, forget about it.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,604
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I agree. I sold my tickets to last nights game and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. People want to talk like its a big deal, but you know what, when you drop 1500.00 a year on season tickets,another 500 on parking, FREAKING PARKING, when you only make 28-29,000 a year, than its your right. I offered my tickets up to a few people I knew who were Redskins fans, they didnt want to go, so I put them on tickets now. I sold them to people in Virginia, I have no idea if they were Skins' fans or not, and I really dont care. I was as embarassed as anyone last night watching them take over that stadium, but like he said, these are real dollars. I already took a loss on the preseason tickets, and I "sold" them to a Redskins fan, on this site, who has still yet to pay me for them. So unless its someone I know, forget about it.
They haven't paid you yet? That ain't right. That might call for a banning until you're paid...with interest.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #67
Camp Scrub
 
redskins411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova
Age: 38
Posts: 30
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

I'm starting to see why there were 30,000+ Steelers fans at the game.
redskins411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #68
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
People forget that when you have tickets the preseasons games are just a loss unless you go to the game. I don't. I had four season tic's and thats a loss of $520 just for the preseason games. I tried to add that loss to my ticket price but that only worked twice. I'm not complaining but people need to understand that we are talking real dollars and for me to just eat the price was $260 and that does not include tax's and other charges. I just decide it was cheaper to buy them on stubhub when I wanted to attend a game.
Paying full price for a preseason game used to really tick me off. It easy to tell people what to do with their tix and $ when you arent spending any $. I dont even go anymore as its just an incredible pain getting to Fed Ex. I can see great on my HD and like I said the food & booze are better.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #69
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

i don't really get the whole complaint here. If they are too expensive and you can't afford them, don't buy them. No one is forced to do so. And if you're going to buy them and then turn around and sell them to non-Skins fans, why not just buy the few games you actually plan on attending through Stub Hub or Craigslist?
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #70
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I agree. I sold my tickets to last nights game and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. People want to talk like its a big deal, but you know what, when you drop 1500.00 a year on season tickets,another 500 on parking, FREAKING PARKING, when you only make 28-29,000 a year, than its your right. I offered my tickets up to a few people I knew who were Redskins fans, they didnt want to go, so I put them on tickets now. I sold them to people in Virginia, I have no idea if they were Skins' fans or not, and I really dont care. I was as embarassed as anyone last night watching them take over that stadium, but like he said, these are real dollars. I already took a loss on the preseason tickets, and I "sold" them to a Redskins fan, on this site, who has still yet to pay me for them. So unless its someone I know, forget about it.
I had several games last year on StubHub but as the game got closer they had still not sold at my cost of around $80 each. So I had to put them on craigslist on the friday before the game for like $50.00 each. Then the Skins fans came out and would offer me like $35 to $45 for my tickets.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #71
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

I am sure when they sell the tickets on E bay that the person buying says, "oh yeah, I am a steelers fan...can I still buy them?" come on, get a grip. Steeler fans travel better than any team in the NFL and do that in almost every stadium they play in. The Panthers stadium was dominated by steeler fans. these people dont know who they are selling the tickets to for crying out loud, they are just selling them. IF that bothers you, then you should probably just stay home, so you aren't embarrassed.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #72
Special Teams
 
bigmarley4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 219
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
i don't really get the whole complaint here. If they are too expensive and you can't afford them, don't buy them. No one is forced to do so. And if you're going to buy them and then turn around and sell them to non-Skins fans, why not just buy the few games you actually plan on attending through Stub Hub or Craigslist?
I want to attend every home game. I can afford my ticket -- what I can't afford is taking a LOSS on the tickets. Therefore I sell them to whoever wants to buy at fair value (Skins fans or opponent's fans). Thus why there were 30,000 steelers fans there. What's hard to get about it?
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #73
Camp Scrub
 
redskins411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova
Age: 38
Posts: 30
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
i don't really get the whole complaint here. If they are too expensive and you can't afford them, don't buy them. No one is forced to do so. And if you're going to buy them and then turn around and sell them to non-Skins fans, why not just buy the few games you actually plan on attending through Stub Hub or Craigslist?
Exactly!
redskins411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #74
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmarley4 View Post
I want to attend every home game. I can afford my ticket -- what I can't afford is taking a LOSS on the tickets. Therefore I sell them to whoever wants to buy at fair value (Skins fans or opponent's fans). Thus why there were 30,000 steelers fans there. What's hard to get about it?
If you wanted to attend every home game, then you wouldn't be selling the tickets. What is this whole "taking a loss" thing anyway? If you buy the tickets for x amount of dollars, then you are getting that commodity in return, you're not "taking a loss." I hate the whole "tickets as an investment" thing. What you really mean is that you want the OPTION of attending any or all of the home games for only face value but then you want to be able to sell any tickets you don't use to any one, skins fan or not. Personally I disagree with that because it lends itself to situations like that crap we all had to sit through last night. Obviously that's not an issue for you, it's a free country, do what you want. I just think it sucks.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #75
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I am sure when they sell the tickets on E bay that the person buying says, "oh yeah, I am a steelers fan...can I still buy them?" come on, get a grip. Steeler fans travel better than any team in the NFL and do that in almost every stadium they play in. The Panthers stadium was dominated by steeler fans. these people dont know who they are selling the tickets to for crying out loud, they are just selling them. IF that bothers you, then you should probably just stay home, so you aren't embarrassed.
Its not that the Steelers fans travel, they already live in these places because they left Pgh in the 80s & 90s.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32282 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25