Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #91
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I didn't post them for this game, I sold them as a block. I can't afford to carry the debt for that period of time. Plus, being strapped economically, I had no idea whether the Skins what the demand for Skins tix would be in April and couldn't take the economic risk.

"Jacked up beyond reason"? Sorry - in your opinion, season tix holders trying to hold onto their seats from year to year should absorb the market losses for games where there is no interest AND THEN sell at below market value for those not willing to make the commitment early. Why do I owe this to you or anyone else? I made my choices by balancing my family's needs, my desire to supporrt the team and the economics of the situation. I would suggest many season tix holders are faced with the same dilemmas.

This is part and parcel of why I am trying to hold onto my seats now and not take too much of loss on them. At some point, I will be able to afford them.
When I can, my losses on the tix through these years will be rewarded by having the abiltiy to afford going to games in great seats at a reasonable cost. I am buying early so that in the future I can pay a lower cost. THAT's why I am making the commitment. If you have a better plan, I would love to hear it. If the economics of the situation upset you, sorry. Reality bites sometimes.

Prior to the season you could have had these seats or seats to the Dallas game at cost or slightly above. You chose to wait, you chose to leave the seats available to others. It's all part of the deal. It's a market and you made your choices, and I made mine, by balancing our differet interests. Sorry if you can't understand mine.

Do I wish I had the time and money to go to every game? Yup. Is that ever going to be a reality again? Probably not. Should I just let go of my season tix b/c I can't conform to desires of others? I don't think so. Does this make me less of a fan or a D-bag? Again, I don't think so. I am doing the best I can in situation I am in.
To be clear, I meant no insult to you personally, and if you took it that way, I apologize. merely expressing frustration that so many steelers fans literally took away our home field advantage. I think this topic has been exhausted.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #92
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins411 View Post
I already have tickets and I make an effort to go to all of the games. I don't need your tickets. You have nice seats. Give me rights to your lower bowl seats and I will gladly give you rights to my upper deck seats.
"GIVE YOU"?? I have paid out a lot of coin and eaten a lot of tix to have the opportunity to use these seats. I have weathered many a rainy day, sat through crappy games and crappy teams in order to evenatually have these seats. If you are willing to re-imburse me for my investment, I will let have that advantage. But please tell me why you should benefit from my work/losses/investment.

Have you got kids? a mortgage? limited disposable income? Like it or not, the cost of tix requires a balancing of lots of factors. When I was in my 30's making relatively good coiin, my fandom ruled. Nowadays, it has to take a bit of a back seat. Again, I imagine I am not the only season tix going through these machinations.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #93
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
To be clear, I meant no insult to you personally, and if you took it that way, I apologize. merely expressing frustration that so many steelers fans literally took away our home field advantage. I think this topic has been exhausted.
Fair enough. I'll let it go. I too was frustrated at the amount of Steeler fans. It was, however, equally frustrating to listen to many people implicitly accusing other fans of being traitors when, in fact, the economics of the real world make the ideal practically impossible.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

If you want to hear Tana talk about it , go to the Santana video. Around the 5:14 mark.Washington Redskins
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #95
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

You know if we just win the game we could have watched all those Stealer fans leaving with their heads hung low.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #96
Camp Scrub
 
redskins411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova
Age: 38
Posts: 30
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
"GIVE YOU"?? I have paid out a lot of coin and eaten a lot of tix to have the opportunity to use these seats. I have weathered many a rainy day, sat through crappy games and crappy teams in order to evenatually have these seats. If you are willing to re-imburse me for my investment, I will let have that advantage. But please tell me why you should benefit from my work/losses/investment.

Have you got kids? a mortgage? limited disposable income? Like it or not, the cost of tix requires a balancing of lots of factors. When I was in my 30's making relatively good coiin, my fandom ruled. Nowadays, it has to take a bit of a back seat. Again, I imagine I am not the only season tix going through these machinations.
Calm down! If someone is going to PAY $2200 for your tickets. They might as well have the rights. I didn't say for you to give me the tickets. I do have a heavy mortgage, kids, and bills that are out of control. Why would you assume that I didn't? But I called your bluff. End of discussion.
redskins411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,364
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
It was astonishing to see 30,000 terrible towels waving in our own stadium. It was like watching my fiance get defiled on national television. Sorry, but a great many Redskins fans are verified d-bags.
The cost of season tickets is out of reach for most die hard fans. Being around DC alot of season tickets are held by corporations, lobbyists, etc and not your average die hard fan who makes 50k a year.

My ex's family/company has 5 front row season tickets and they never go to games or even follow the skins. they sell them for face value to whoever calls them first or dont even use the tickets at all. sadly they probaly represent 10-20% of the season ticket holders down in the lower level.

It is embarrassing but it is what it is, but i cant fault anyone because i didnt sacrifice the little bit of money i have to go to the game.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Perhaps what everyone is overlooking is that many of the season tickets are infact owned by ticket agencies. I sit in section 419 and I have yet to meet the actual owner of any of the seats in my row and for many of this years home games they have been empty. Last night all those seats throughout the stadium that had been empty every week were probably filled and mostly with Steelers fans. What I am saying is that most of the tickets steeler fans were sitting in were probably not even owned by real redskins fans.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,364
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

^^^^ ding ding ding ding, alot of season tickets are not even held by fans.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #100
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
^^^^ ding ding ding ding, alot of season tickets are not even held by fans.

And your basing your 'alot' assumption on just what?
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
The cost of season tickets is out of reach for most die hard fans. Being around DC alot of season tickets are held by corporations, lobbyists, etc and not your average die hard fan who makes 50k a year.

My ex's family/company has 5 front row season tickets and they never go to games or even follow the skins. they sell them for face value to whoever calls them first or dont even use the tickets at all. sadly they probaly represent 10-20% of the season ticket holders down in the lower level.

It is embarrassing but it is what it is, but i cant fault anyone because i didnt sacrifice the little bit of money i have to go to the game.

go skins!!
So that's why you didn't offer me tickets this year. Those were great seats! You need to call that girl back and patch things up.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #102
Camp Scrub
 
redskins411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova
Age: 38
Posts: 30
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Perhaps what everyone is overlooking is that many of the season tickets are infact owned by ticket agencies. I sit in section 419 and I have yet to meet the actual owner of any of the seats in my row and for many of this years home games they have been empty. Last night all those seats throughout the stadium that had been empty every week were probably filled and mostly with Steelers fans. What I am saying is that most of the tickets steeler fans were sitting in were probably not even owned by real redskins fans.
Good Point. I agree with you. The same thing happens in my section.
redskins411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #103
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,364
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
And your basing your 'alot' assumption on just what?
my experience from going to a ton of games over the years, what people have told me, what has been said here . . . but your right, my use of "alot" may be overexagerating it but we can agree (given the number of pages this thread has recieved and the ones just like this the past years) that our house gets flooded with opposing fans to a disturbingly noticeable degree.

did we really have to go to a silent count on offense last night?

go skins!!

ps -danny did add those 2-3 rows infront of row 1 a few years ago just for corporate sponsors and the like, not availbale to individual fans.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #104
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,364
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
So that's why you didn't offer me tickets this year. Those were great seats! You need to call that girl back and patch things up.
shes all yours if you want her!!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #105
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins411 View Post
Calm down! If someone is going to PAY $2200 for your tickets. They might as well have the rights. I didn't say for you to give me the tickets. I do have a heavy mortgage, kids, and bills that are out of control. Why would you assume that I didn't? But I called your bluff. End of discussion.
You're right. I made an assumption that, like me when I had similar seats, you didn't have kids, mortgages, etc. For that I apologize.

Your post, however, said "give me rights to your seats, and I'll give you rights to mine." To me that indicated you were ignoring everything I had posted before about the financial and time sacrifices I had made to move from seats like yours to my current seats. That was why I was pissed.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32626 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25