Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #106
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Ouch...the players didn't really like it much either.

Redskins on the Fan Turnout: "Disappointed" - D.C. Sports Bog
Maybe the players forgot how many fans went to see the Skins legends at the HOF. I wish Pitt fans hadn't shown up, they do it at Ravens games too, but if the Skins had scored 2 TDS on those first two possesions, the towels would have been gone. Simple as that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #107
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Ouch...the players didn't really like it much either.

Redskins on the Fan Turnout: "Disappointed" - D.C. Sports Bog
Can't blame them.

And as Wilbon points out this isn't the first time either. Fans of other teams always seem to have a significant presence at FedEx.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #108
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Perhaps what everyone is overlooking is that many of the season tickets are infact owned by ticket agencies. I sit in section 419 and I have yet to meet the actual owner of any of the seats in my row and for many of this years home games they have been empty. Last night all those seats throughout the stadium that had been empty every week were probably filled and mostly with Steelers fans. What I am saying is that most of the tickets steeler fans were sitting in were probably not even owned by real redskins fans.
Redskins do not knownly allow ticket agencies to own the tickets from what I understand. What happens is that ticket holders sell their tickets on their own or they sell them as a package to theses ticket agencies. I read last year or maybe the year before that the Skins try to track who is using their tickets and who is just selling them off each year. they are not going after the guy who uses his tickets but sells off a few games rather they want to go after the person who never attends the games and just sells their tickets. Its hard for them to track but the article did say they were slowly finding these people and revoking their tickets.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #109
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Can't blame them.

And as Wilbon points out this isn't the first time either. Fans of other teams always seem to have a significant presence at FedEx.
Yea, he's right. My 2 cents below:

DC is a transplant town for the most part so your going to have fans of different teams that go to the game. Conversely, the "niche" towns, GB, Pitts, Phili, TB, KC, etc don't have the transplants we do.

The Steelers have been winners for a good 15-20yr stretch and the 70's before that. We really haven't been winners consistently for 16 years or so. That's alot of lost fans. Who do kids generally start rooting for on their own?

Add in the size of our stadium the largest in the nfl. More tickets, more seasons ticket holders that wouldn't have been ticket holders which gives way to the highest bidder for those tix. Corporate America owns a bunch too, I imagine.

It's not easy to go to a game much less 8 homes games a year for seasons ticket holders. Many drive from Richmond, Fredricksburg. I live in Richmond: To go to a Sunday 1pm game, I would usually leave by 8 and get home by 8. A night game, i might not get home til 3 or 4am. Fans of other teams might be willing to do this to get to go see their team once during the year.

Add it all up...lots of Steelers fans at the game.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #110
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Redskins do not knownly allow ticket agencies to own the tickets from what I understand. What happens is that ticket holders sell their tickets on their own or they sell them as a package to theses ticket agencies. I read last year or maybe the year before that the Skins try to track who is using their tickets and who is just selling them off each year. they are not going after the guy who uses his tickets but sells off a few games rather they want to go after the person who never attends the games and just sells their tickets. It's hard for them to track but the article did say they were slowly finding these people and revoking their tickets.
I did'nt know that. Thats good to know. You just brought some light into this dark depression I've been in since the game.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #111
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I did'nt know that. Thats good to know. You just brought some light into this dark depression I've been in since the game.
This article I believe came out three years ago (In the Post or Times, maybe both). This is very old news.

However, it doesn't appear they have made much if any progress from my stand point.

It's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Lip service to try to make the ticket holders do the right thing or use the SKINS preferred selling method STUBHUB which is a rip. Or turn your tickets in which would be great so someone that actually wants to use them thats been on the list forever, not flip them can. But then this year with the economy the ticket sales where way down. Thats how so many people I know personally that where on the list for many years were finally able to get there contract thru the Skins ticket office.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #112
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

I have been to most home games over the last three years and I have to say that Fed Ex, always has more fans from other teams than I think is normal. There are so many companies, like the one I work for, that own seats, that are not even Redskins fans. The owner of my company is a Dallas fan, so he puts out contests for the tickets. Well needless to say, this was one of the few times that I did not win the tickets. I was disgusted and embarresed to see all the Pittsburg fans. It was flat out treason. I blame Snyder in some ways for it. The fact is that the average person cant afford to go to the games and that is why you have so many people that dont care about the Redskins that own tickets. I have always said that Snyder may not get the best results from his management style, but at least he tries. With that said, something needs to be done so that we never look like this again. If nothing else, lets take a page from the eagle, and for that matter the Steelers. Lets kick some ones ass, next time we see them wearing an apponents jersey. We have to do something, because I even heard the players saying that the punt block was caused by the noise. Come on, we need to take back our stadium.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #113
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

AS is well known, DC and the surrounding area's are transient like no other.........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #114
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

seriously f those people who sold the tickets, seriously there should be a raffle every year for season tickets anyways.......that would solve all the problems with opposing team fans........god knows there are enough of us out there that i am sure the skins would have no problem selling out every year with a raffle......plus if you only had one season of tickets then you would probably attend as many of those games as possible instead of selling them........who cares if it pisses off the ol people who have been going for so long, there time is up, and they are the ones telling you to sit down anyways........i cant stand it, you pay for a ticket then everyone gets mad because you are cheering on you team. i love fed ex and our fans but we do need to make our stadium a little more hostile to opposing teams in stead of being wine and cheese.
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #115
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I have been to most home games over the last three years and I have to say that Fed Ex, always has more fans from other teams than I think is normal. There are so many companies, like the one I work for, that own seats, that are not even Redskins fans. The owner of my company is a Dallas fan, so he puts out contests for the tickets. Well needless to say, this was one of the few times that I did not win the tickets. I was disgusted and embarresed to see all the Pittsburg fans. It was flat out treason. I blame Snyder in some ways for it. The fact is that the average person cant afford to go to the games and that is why you have so many people that dont care about the Redskins that own tickets. I have always said that Snyder may not get the best results from his management style, but at least he tries. With that said, something needs to be done so that we never look like this again. If nothing else, lets take a page from the eagle, and for that matter the Steelers. Lets kick some ones ass, next time we see them wearing an apponents jersey. We have to do something, because I even heard the players saying that the punt block was caused by the noise. Come on, we need to take back our stadium.
First off Steeler fans do not act like Philly fans and they do not attack fans from other teams when they vist Hines field. Talking about price I could not sell my tickets here for $65 dollars on a skins site. Pit fans have been purchasing Skins tickets sense the day the tickets hit the market and have been grabbing them for months now. To say we should attack other fans is pure horse shit and is uncalled for.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #116
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,838
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

If we won this would not matter.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #117
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

nvm double

Last edited by tryfuhl; 11-04-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: covered by another post of mine
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #118
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
seriously f those people who sold the tickets, seriously there should be a raffle every year for season tickets anyways.......that would solve all the problems with opposing team fans........god knows there are enough of us out there that i am sure the skins would have no problem selling out every year with a raffle......plus if you only had one season of tickets then you would probably attend as many of those games as possible instead of selling them........who cares if it pisses off the ol people who have been going for so long, there time is up, and they are the ones telling you to sit down anyways........i cant stand it, you pay for a ticket then everyone gets mad because you are cheering on you team. i love fed ex and our fans but we do need to make our stadium a little more hostile to opposing teams in stead of being wine and cheese.

Spoken like someone who does'nt have season tickets .
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #119
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

So - can I put you down for the $2,200 due next year? How about you 411? You guys gonna pony up the dough so that I can hold onto these seats I have invested time and money into? No? Shocking. Guess I'll have to find some other way to do that.
don't get so butthurt man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmarley4 View Post
Bingo. I'd like to attend every home game. This year I've only missed the Cards game, and I am hopeful *fingers crossed* I can make it to every other home game. What I would never do is go on to craigslist or stubhub for every single home game I am able to go to, go through the hassle of finding and buying tickets in random seats at varying prices, then having to secure a parking pass. I don't understand why you think it is such a bad thing to own season tickets and sell them when you cannot attend? Again, this whole issue is mitigated if Skins fans WANT to go to the game, and do what it takes to do so.
I think that the issue is, is that people are complaining about not being able to recoup losses.. that's not my responsibility if you're not attending the game. If you want to get in at face value, accept that other people may as well, even if only for a game or two. If I really want to attend a game, I'll pay a bit more because of the market/demand, but not because you (figuratively) feel ripped off by preseason game costs, etc. I don't see how ST holders can complain about that, they chose the tickets and I understand the want to hold onto them for when you can more easily afford it, but how is that my fault? I'm sitting on the waiting list in hopes that I'll be back in the DC area within a handful of years, if you lose a few hundred a year, that's the risk you took accepting ST's that you couldn't afford, right? So keep your tickets, but don't complain about how much people are willing to pay for them.

Last edited by tryfuhl; 11-04-2008 at 08:30 PM.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #120
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: F... Selling Tickets to the Visiting Team

I buy tickets to see the game and support my team. Everyone seems concerned about losing money. Whoever told you buying tickets to sporting events was a good investment lied to you.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49219 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25