Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A Very Troubling Statistic

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
Camp Scrub
 
downtown4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 25
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Sorry correction to last post-those two plays cost the skins 10 points. Erase those the score is 13-6? something to think about
downtown4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,946
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Actually the truth is, JC, got gun shy, started to pass to check down only, yea, he didnt have time, but Zorn didnt do a good job preparing of the blitz, like this, watching the game was like watching paint dry, it was horrible, and even though Carlos Rogers is playing lights out, the differents between an elite DB and a good one, is getting the int's. that are giving to you and making big plays, he pick that, we up 13-3 and the steelers lose their mojo. the truth is we need Jason Taylor in to help create pressure and we have to get picks, if we dont, doesnt matter where we finish, we will be one and done in the playoffs.
watching the game on tv you cant tell if someone is open downfield because the camera stays on the qb, but it seemed to me that plays where JC had time he would scan down field and I assume didnt throw it because no one was open. i also assumed no one was open because moss was dinged up and our receivers on the field couldnt get separation. alot of assumption on my part.

i thought that pass inter call on carlos was legit, the steeler fans are complaining about the helmet to helmet call and i thought that was a good right call aswell.
go skins!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown4life View Post
I know everyone is freaking out about how bad the skins played, we have to remember they are 6-3. When "experts" say the outcome of the game is decided by a handful of plays- in this case its true. If you look at the 40 yard (questionable) pass interference call and the blocked punt, here are two plays that cost them 14 points. You take that from the final score and you cant say the steelers played that much better than the skins. The defense did their job.
Well Pitt tried the onside kick and we had the turnover, both great field position and we did nothing but 3 and out. Good teams capitalize on those kind of mistakes.

Everyone keeps saying we are 6-3 like we dominated those 6 games. We could very easily be 3-6. We haven't dominated anyone and if we are a good team we should have dominated at least one of the previous 3 teams before the Steelers.

I know some believe our Oline and Dline are fine and have a couple of years left in them, but I don't agree and think we needed to address these this past offseason and we didn't and are paying for it now. Campbell is getting too much pressure and we are becoming a team that teams are going to stack the line to stop Portis and all we do is dump the short passes that gain us a yard or 2. We aren't stretching the field at all anymore. Campbell needs to start throwing the ball deep and letting his receivers make the plays.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
downtown4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 25
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
Well Pitt tried the onside kick and we had the turnover, both great field position and we did nothing but 3 and out. Good teams capitalize on those kind of mistakes.

Everyone keeps saying we are 6-3 like we dominated those 6 games. We could very easily be 3-6. We haven't dominated anyone and if we are a good team we should have dominated at least one of the previous 3 teams before the Steelers.

I know some believe our Oline and Dline are fine and have a couple of years left in them, but I don't agree and think we needed to address these this past offseason and we didn't and are paying for it now. Campbell is getting too much pressure and we are becoming a team that teams are going to stack the line to stop Portis and all we do is dump the short passes that gain us a yard or 2. We aren't stretching the field at all anymore. Campbell needs to start throwing the ball deep and letting his receivers make the plays.
Its never good enough. Were not a dominating team, we have a rookie coach, and were second in the east. I cant complain. Its better than what all you naysayers predicted us to be at this point. We are 6-3 and every post seems to be about how bad we suck; id hate to see what this forum would look like if we were 3-6. My conclusion: Go root for another team if the skins suck that bad.
downtown4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,861
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

6-3 is what it is, a good record. Nobody said anything about those wins being dominating, since when does a win have to be dominant to count? I love the logic of we could easily be 3-6, well if you look at any team in the league you could easily apply that logic. Fact is we're not 3-6. Good teams win games period, it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly they are.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,154
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
Well Pitt tried the onside kick and we had the turnover, both great field position and we did nothing but 3 and out. Good teams capitalize on those kind of mistakes.

Everyone keeps saying we are 6-3 like we dominated those 6 games. We could very easily be 3-6. We haven't dominated anyone and if we are a good team we should have dominated at least one of the previous 3 teams before the Steelers.

I know some believe our Oline and Dline are fine and have a couple of years left in them, but I don't agree and think we needed to address these this past offseason and we didn't and are paying for it now. Campbell is getting too much pressure and we are becoming a team that teams are going to stack the line to stop Portis and all we do is dump the short passes that gain us a yard or 2. We aren't stretching the field at all anymore. Campbell needs to start throwing the ball deep and letting his receivers make the plays.
I've been saying for years on this forum that the best way to build a team is from the inside out. Look at most of the best teams in the NFL, and they are strong on both the O and D lines. Tennessee has become dominant on both lines, which explains how they keep winning with Kerry Collins essentially playing caretaker (don't mess up) at QB. The last time that we drafted a lineman in either rounds 1 or 2 was Chris Samuels in 2000. Aside from adding a CB, I want to see significant attention devoted to both lines in the next draft. If Vinny drafts another pass catching TE just because he's the best player on his board, I think that I'll snap.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Reche Caldwell is a St. Louis Ram, for those wondering
Sorry..the other is Keenan McCardell. He's old but i bet he can still get open occasionally. Which is better than Kelly can do at the moment.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,262
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Why is everyone harping on Campbell?
Coverage was great downfield, Moss was hampered by his injury, the oline pass blocking was poor.

Campbell is AWESOME when we win, and its ALL HIS FAULT when we lose.
Face it, we were dominated.

I lay this TREND at the hands of the offensive coordinator, ZORN.
I am not suprized, he said it himself.
Defenses will catch up to what his is doing, this happened about 4 games ago, when we started struggling with teams like the rams, lions, browns....c'mon man...
Our defense is solid, the issue is the offense.

Bottom line is, Zorn did not adjust, pregame or halftime, to account for the Pitt defense PLUS he abandoned the run.

I mentioned it in the predictions thread.
The only way to win this was with Shotgun, draws, reverses, screens, misdirection, runs up the gut....that is how you slow down a fiery defense.
My only question was how Moss and Samuels would hold up.
Unfortunately, Zorn did almost none of this....I only remember one or two screens and a couple draws. This is why I gave Zorn a 3.5 of 5....he is not tested yet, he has not stayed ahead of the curve, Defensive coordinators have figured out how to play this offense.....we are still 2nd in the league in rushing yet only 25 in Points.

I say it is time to add some new plays and players to the mix....we haven't seen any production from our top 3 picks....time to MAN UP. and C'mon Zorn, call a play thats not on film yet.

And I also throw Special Teams in here, they have generally stunk...except kicker.
Did you see that Pittsburg Gunner on the punts? He was beating 2 blockers every time causing randle el to fair catch everything....and if there was no punt blocked, we'd easily be in the game...this is easily Danny Smiths crappiest coaching year here, he aint helping...thank goodness we recovered that onside kick, I am suprised that we did based on who was on the field to attempt the recovery...lucky.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,154
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
...
And I also throw Special Teams in here, they have generally stunk...except kicker.
Our punt team has now given up 2 TDs on punt returns, plus the huge blocked punt last night. If I'm Zorn, I'm taking a hard look at Danny Smith's coaching of that unit.

Suisham has been a bright spot. Both of those FGs last night would have been right down the middle from 50.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
birdz4gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 370
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

on to the bye week and then i worry about dallas week there after.
__________________
****go skins*******
birdz4gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
6-3 is what it is, a good record. Nobody said anything about those wins being dominating, since when does a win have to be dominant to count? I love the logic of we could easily be 3-6, well if you look at any team in the league you could easily apply that logic. Fact is we're not 3-6. Good teams win games period, it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly they are.
Sorry that you don't agree with the logic, but doesn't mean it is invalid because you don't happen to agree. You just have a different opinion so sorry if I am not allowed to express mine. I never said it has to be dominant to count, but I do believe good teams will dominate bad teams. We have won by margins of 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 points. Those games could have gone either way. Take the Giants, they have won by margins of 3, 7, 9, 12, 21, 28 and 38. I would say 4 of those are pretty dominant and they didn't have much to worry about.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #27
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,861
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
Sorry that you don't agree with the logic, but doesn't mean it is invalid because you don't happen to agree. You just have a different opinion so sorry if I am not allowed to express mine. I never said it has to be dominant to count, but I do believe good teams will dominate bad teams. We have won by margins of 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 points. Those games could have gone either way. Take the Giants, they have won by margins of 3, 7, 9, 12, 21, 28 and 38. I would say 4 of those are pretty dominant and they didn't have much to worry about.
I didn't say anything about you not being allowed to have an opinion. I simply disagreed and stated my thoughts. Welcome to message board 101.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
Special Teams
 
birdz4gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 370
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

it is what it is and a win is a win in this league no matter who we play..

i,ll gladly take 6-3 also.
__________________
****go skins*******
birdz4gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,467
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post

I will volunteer two personnel moves - I don't see what Yoder gives the offense that Fred Davis wouldn't give and then some. I also would like to see Heyer starting at RT to help stabilize the pass protection.
I agree with both of these moves. I also think the o-line deserves some attention in the draft. I've said before that I'm kind of old school in that I think a lot of games are won in the trenches. Without the Hogs we would'nt have 3 Super Bowl Trophies. We need to seriously address this during the draft. I personally feel like a big part of the problem is our reluctence to go downfield. The opponents defense needs to understand that you will not hesitate to go deep to keep them honest. Even if we don't complete the pass, we send a message. One of the Steelers biggest plays came on an incompletion. We got interference and they got 45 yards. If I don't respect your deep game and you've got the leading rusher in the NFL, I know what I'm doing, I'm sitting on the line all day long.
__________________
"I'm buying what Scott McCloughan is selling. Count me IN! HTTR!!!"

Last edited by 53Fan; 11-04-2008 at 04:12 PM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #30
Special Teams
 
Jake2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 111
Re: A Very Troubling Statistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I agree with both of these moves. I also think the o-line deserves some attention in the draft. I've said before that I'm kind of old school in that I think a lot of games are won in the trenches. Without the Hogs we would'nt have 3 Super Bowl Trophies. We need to seriously address this during the draft. I personally feel like a big part of the problem is our reluctence to go downfield. The opponents defense needs to understand that you will not hesitate to go deep to keep them honest. Even if we don't complete the pass, we send a message. One of the Steelers biggest plays came on an imcompletion. We got interference and they got 45 yards. If I don't respect your deep game and you've got the leading rusher in the NFL, I know what I'm doing, I'm sitting on the line all day long.
I agree. I would love to see Campbell throw deep more and let his receivers make the play. You can't always wait for the receiver to be wide open and have to trust that they will make the play. Especially on 3rd and whatever. I hate seeing the 5 yard pass hoping the receiver will make it to the down marker only to get stopped short. Let it rip once in awhile and keep them honest. Campbell has the arm to do it.
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49975 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25