Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


McIntosh & Landry

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: McIntosh & Landry

I don't agree at all. Our D has been great all season. LL makes virtually every play that comes to him. RM is not a PB yet but has played solidly. Don't understand this thread.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #17
Special Teams
 
J. Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: off the grid
Posts: 192
Re: McIntosh & Landry

i hate to admit that rocky's play has left something to be desired. however, he is coming back from a major knee injury and has been playing WELL, though not great. just b/c carlos is back w/ a vengeance already, doesn't make it fair to expect that of rocky right away.

but landry. LANDRY??? our defense's stats would be VERY different if he were not there. the difference in how offenses attacked us would be CLEAR AS DAY.

the fact that you DON'T notice landry is a testament to the success he is having.
__________________
"75% of the earth is covered by water and the rest is covered by Smoot"
J. Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #18
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 36
Posts: 1,319
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade21 View Post
Yeah, we need a real FS like Sean Taylor. =(
Sean Taylor is irreplaceable, but to suggest that "we need a real FS" is just plain ignorant. Landry is a top tier free safety. He's had a few miscues, but so did Taylor, early on in his career.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
TaylorMade21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 35
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Sean Taylor is irreplaceable, but to suggest that "we need a real FS" is just plain ignorant. Landry is a top tier free safety. He's had a few miscues, but so did Taylor, early on in his career.
I wasn't trying to make an ignorant statement. I was more or less just saying how much I miss Sean Taylor. He is irreplaceable, and I think Landry is a great safety. But I think Taylor was the best safety to ever step foot on an NFL thus far.
__________________
Believe in the ways of Zorn!
TaylorMade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Camp Scrub
 
TaylorMade21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 35
Re: McIntosh & Landry

NFL field.**
__________________
Believe in the ways of Zorn!
TaylorMade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
JLW428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 422
Re: McIntosh & Landry

The fact that we haven't seem much from landry is (in my mind) a good thing. It means he is doing his job. QBs aren't putting the ball anywhere near him because his coverage is excellent. To talk bad about landry not being seen is just stupid. I hope it stays this way for the rest of the season.

Would you rather see QBs test his coverage? Throw the deep ball near him? Maybe for the fact that he has chances to get interceptions, yes. But, that doesn't happen every time.

Stupid to talk bad about Landry.
JLW428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
Manusky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Age: 39
Posts: 199
Re: McIntosh & Landry

If we saw more of Landry then that means our D-Line, linebackers, corners are not doing their jobs. The quieter he is the better the rest of the team is playing. This thread was started because Landry's been quiet...well can you say #4 ranked defense?
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
JLW428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 422
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Looking though these posts, I'm glad that everyone besides about 3 people understand how the FS position is played.
JLW428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #24
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: McIntosh & Landry

I rarely post here but I find it wild how there are so many replaceable players on this team AFTER a loss. How the "preseason star" mentality comes out. No Landry doesn't have a reel of highlights but how many times do you see passes completed and he's there slapping his hands together in disgust ? Rocky has been playing well all year too. Yes he may be caught out of position but WHO ISN'T ? Seriously, this is real life. Not Madden where you can make Demetric Evans the greatest D-Lineman to ever play the game. Guys will make mistakes, but your D isn't rated in the top 10 because it's full of bums. All these players are working and if they weren't getting the job done then the D would be rated a bit lower wouldn't it? Oh yeah, Sean Taylor is gone, STOP comparing Laron to him PLEASE!
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: McIntosh & Landry

lol what a stupid thread.... teams go throw near landry bc they are scared. the man is doing his job. He is lurking in the back like sean use to do and when someone does test him it will be an int or someone is getting jacked up. I really dont understand where this thread is coming from. landry is pro bowl caliber
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,119
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade21 View Post
Yeah, we need a real FS like Sean Taylor. =(
Those don't grow on trees. Taylor was a once a generation talent.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #27
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMade21 View Post
Yeah, we need a real FS like Sean Taylor. =(
We do. His name is Chris Horton.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
TaylorMade21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 35
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
We do. His name is Chris Horton.
Lies, Chris Horton is just Sean Taylor reincarnated with dreadlocks!
__________________
Believe in the ways of Zorn!
TaylorMade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,119
Re: McIntosh & Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
We do. His name is Chris Horton.
First off, Chris Horton doesn't play FS, and second, he is definitely no Sean Taylor. I love that Horton has solidified the SS position that seemed shaky with Reid Doughty, but that doesn't make him Sean Taylor's equal.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #30
Camp Scrub
 
SeanTaGodsSafety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 70
Re: McIntosh & Landry

I have Rocky in fantasy and he was a top ten LB a year ago. His numbers have fallin off. If you notice hes not as balls to the wall as he was last year. I think hes watchin the game more then hes playin it.
__________________
"It's almost like we play a kids game for a king's ransom, and if you dont take it seriously enough, one day you're gonna say, oh I could have did this or I could have did that"

Sean Taylor
SeanTaGodsSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26142 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25