Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are you past the Steelers Game?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #31
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

I don't sweat the small things, but yeah, to an extent the loss still hurts more than say, the St. Louis game. A lot of that has to do with the timing of the bye week.

We're pretty clearly a better team than Pittsburgh. I mean, people talk about the Ravens being a one dimensional team, but their offense is way stronger than the Steelers' this year.

I think they got pretty lucky when Ben got hurt, but outside of that, their matchups on defense against our offense favor them heavily. I don't think the outcome of the second half would have been any different if the same players played it again five more times. I just take solice in the fact that we were dominating them for 28 minutes, until a blocked punt put us behind at half.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #32
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,334
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

9-7 isnt going to cut it this year. We are going to need to win 5 of our last 7 games to get into the playoffs, There is an outside change that 10-6 might work but I wouldn't bet on it.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #33
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,503
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't sweat the small things, but yeah, to an extent the loss still hurts more than say, the St. Louis game. A lot of that has to do with the timing of the bye week.

We're pretty clearly a better team than Pittsburgh. I mean, people talk about the Ravens being a one dimensional team, but their offense is way stronger than the Steelers' this year.

I think they got pretty lucky when Ben got hurt, but outside of that, their matchups on defense against our offense favor them heavily. I don't think the outcome of the second half would have been any different if the same players played it again five more times. I just take solice in the fact that we were dominating them for 28 minutes, until a blocked punt put us behind at half.
I'm not sure how you or anyone can say we're "clearly" better than Pittsburgh. They just sacked our qb 7 times, shut down Portis, held our offense to 6 points and they basically gave us those points and they won at our place 23-6. They also were missing starters.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
... St. Louis in '06, mostly from the Betts fumble when he was running like a pro-bowler.

...playoff loss to Seattle in '05.
I can see hanging onto a playoff loss, but a meaningless regular season game when we went 5-11? Really?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #35
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't sweat the small things, but yeah, to an extent the loss still hurts more than say, the St. Louis game. A lot of that has to do with the timing of the bye week.

We're pretty clearly a better team than Pittsburgh. I mean, people talk about the Ravens being a one dimensional team, but their offense is way stronger than the Steelers' this year.

I think they got pretty lucky when Ben got hurt, but outside of that, their matchups on defense against our offense favor them heavily. I don't think the outcome of the second half would have been any different if the same players played it again five more times. I just take solice in the fact that we were dominating them for 28 minutes, until a blocked punt put us behind at half.
??? Really? How so? They beat the snot out of us. All the stats in the world won't make me feel better about being held to two FGs at home by a superior defense on national TV.

I guess I'm not past the Steelers game yet. A regular season sweep of Dallas would cure all that ails me, that's for sure.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #36
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

I was past the Steelers game as soon as I sobred up on Wednesday.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #37
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

I'm still not past the douche sitting in front of me at the game, hitting me in the grill with this F'ing terrible towel about 9 times in a row before I finally grabbed it and threatened to shove it up his ass.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #38
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,503
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
??? Really? How so? They beat the snot out of us. All the stats in the world won't make me feel better about being held to two FGs at home by a superior defense on national TV.

I guess I'm not past the Steelers game yet. A regular season sweep of Dallas would cure all that ails me, that's for sure.
Hell they gave us 3 with the onside kick!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #39
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,495
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I was past the Steelers game as soon as I sobred up on Wednesday.
I feel you on the Wednesday recovery for my stomach. As the game regressed, i kept ordering more shots of absolute.

My Bears loving friend wanted to talk to me about it on Tuesday. I told him that not only was i not prepared to discuss it, but if he insisted on bringing it up, that i'd level him. I gave him the seldom used against friends, parenting death look. He got the message, but called me an asshole. haha, i guess i am.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'm still not past the douche sitting in front of me at the game, hitting me in the grill with this F'ing terrible towel about 9 times in a row before I finally grabbed it and threatened to shove it up his ass.
I told that guy when I sold him my tickets to not swing his towel in the face of people sitting around him.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #41
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,495
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

hah, you're funny.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

At one time losses stayed with me for days but not anymore. I just decided that it is just not worth getting all worked up over a loss. I have a wife, children, job, family, etc... and its just not going to affect me like it once did. It took some time and I think that the 90's made the change even easier after suffering through so many losses.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #43
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,097
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

.............Dallas Week.................
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
At one time losses stayed with me for days but not anymore. I just decided that it is just not worth getting all worked up over a loss. I have a wife, children, job, family, etc... and its just not going to affect me like it once did. It took some time and I think that the 90's made the change even easier after suffering through so many losses.
See, I'm a single guy with a job I don't particularly like and a big family that is full of Redskins fanatics, so I need this team to win.
I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO!!!!
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #45
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: Are you past the Steelers Game?

I was past the Steelers game the moment Campbell threw that incomplete pass on 4th and goal...........it was karma dude! I know, I know, alot of people hate to hear this, but there was no way we were going to win that game. Its just how its been for the last 70 years or so. Its called the Redskins Rule......

Its Dallas week now! You need to get over it! They got Cry Baby TO on their team, Tony Homo will probably start, and they got two rookie corners in there and according to ESPN and NFL Network they are VERY GOOD...........I just can't wait to see what Moss will do to them! Or Cooley! Or Antwaan! Or Campbell! Its a primetime game and I got tickets! Its going to be alot of fun!
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30005 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25