Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Depth Chart

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
dont be surprised if ownes breaks the NFL receptions mark and McNabb completly stops throwing to any other receiver, lol
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
That depth chart is not accurate. Cooley was announced as starter a few days ago. But Thrash HAS looked like #3 WR. You guys that are badmouthing him are in for a big surprise. He will be #2 soon. Scott is NOT his equal or anything close. At least not at this point in his career. He is clearly not up to the level of any of the guys they kept active. Hopefully, he will develop to that level.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
that chart is wrong, its never been accurate
if i had to rate the receivers right now, i'd put coles at #1, jacobs at #2... thrash is definately good depth, but right now i think the #3 spot (and maybe the #2) is going to rotate since our #3-5 are pretty close right now.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:53 PM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
im4skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: virginia
Posts: 16
I wouldn't be surprised if owens winds up with less catches than that. The guy is damaged goods. His name could've been in the same breath as moss, but he coould never get his head out of his anus. Moss had the same problem, but was able to get his act together. I don't care how much talent owens is, he is a head case, and mcnabb isn't that great of a passer. Whiner not getting the ball results in a loser.
im4skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #20
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by im4skins
I wouldn't be surprised if owens winds up with less catches than that. The guy is damaged goods. His name could've been in the same breath as moss, but he coould never get his head out of his anus. Moss had the same problem, but was able to get his act together. I don't care how much talent owens is, he is a head case, and mcnabb isn't that great of a passer. Whiner not getting the ball results in a loser.
I'll take TO on MY fantasy team any time... ESPECIALLY this season. Look out for him this year. We will beat the Eagles by scoring a lot of points, we won't shut down Owens.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:20 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Hogskin, Do you really think McNabb will/can get the ball to him consistently? It's hard as hell to get YAC without an accurate quarterback to hit a receiver in stride, something Garcia could do, but not McNabb (IMHO). The only real threat I see from TO is on broken plays where McNabb draws the D while scrambling, then tosses a long heave. I don't know, I've never been as big of a McNabb supporteras most others... I just think he's good enough to beat ok teams, but not top notch ones. Especially this year, since the Eagles have no running back to really draw a defense's attention away from #5's scattershot arm. Westbrook is a poor man's Warrick Dunn, too small to be anything more than a good change of pace back. All of this leads me to think that any defense with an above average secondary is going to keep TO from having his way, simply through double teaming him and not having to worry about top notch PASSING from the qb. It's just an opinion, and we all know what those are like...*
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #22
Camp Scrub
 
im4skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: virginia
Posts: 16
I give owens until game 3 or 4 to start complaining how reid is running to much and not getting the ball into his hands. You can have him on your fantasy team. He continually ranks high b/c of ability, but his ego gets in the way of his play. I don't like mcnabb or owens, but i will say mcnabb is an excellent team leader, and if he can get owens to shut his mouth and play, he could do well. Give me holt, moss, d mason, horn, harrison, ward, and even coles over owens.
im4skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Bleed, yes I strongly feel he can do it. I have watched McNabb for the last few years, and think his accuracy issue is unbelievably overblown. Yes, he throws off target, but very seldom, and mostly his flare passes. And don't forget that about the weak receivers he has had for the past 2 years. Many passes were dropped, and there was seldom anyone open, so he needed perfect passes every time. Things looked a LOT worse than they were. Bulger and Warner the last few years, for example, often had VERY wide open targets who could adjust to a pass that was not so great. And their receivers could make amazing catches.

Another way to look at it is the actual stats themselves. Last year Garcia and McNabb had the same completion %. Over the past 4 years, Garcia is about 3.5% higher. If McNabb had completed just one more of his throws each week, they would have had the same %. Those drops have a big effect. And there were lots of them.

In any case, it will be interesting. There will be no excuse for either of them if it doesn't get done on offense this year. Their problem is going to be the major turnaround in their defense that is about to happen!! LOL

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by im4skins
I give owens until game 3 or 4 to start complaining how reid is running to much and not getting the ball into his hands. You can have him on your fantasy team. He continually ranks high b/c of ability, but his ego gets in the way of his play. I don't like mcnabb or owens, but i will say mcnabb is an excellent team leader, and if he can get owens to shut his mouth and play, he could do well. Give me holt, moss, d mason, horn, harrison, ward, and even coles over owens.
Well, my response to that is that over the past 4 years, TO had consistently more points than most of the guys on your list. And fantasy football is based on points - there is no scoring category for ego. I go for the points. Of course I would take Moss, and possibly Marvin, over TO, but you can't always get them. I'll take Chad Johnson and TO over any of those other guys this year.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Hogskin, don't Ward and Holt usually get more points than TO though?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #26
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Smack, I would not agree with that. Last year, Holt had a carreer season, Owens was way down from his normal, and Ward was having his 2nd best season ever. Owens and Ward scored about the same, and Holt outscored them significantly. But for the seasons prior to that, Owens topped both of them, sometimes by a lot. so I guess what it comes down to is, do you think Owens has shot his wad and has nothing left, or do you think he will fail with McNabb and the disgusting Eagle fans? I personally feel he will have HIS carreer season and Holt will go back to his usual good season. I know Holt's performance against the Redskins a couple weeks ago made it look like he is superman, but it's not going to be that easy for him in the season. There will be plenty of double coverage - and Bulger has to prove he can do another incredible job in his second season starting. Most guys with that type of a start have a tough time living up to it.

One last point on Holt vs Owens. The Rams have a pretty good D now, and they have a guy that can grind it out in the 4th quarter. After all the criticism, maybe Martz is about to figure out that is how to win. On the other hand, the Eagles defense has been rifled with injuries and defections, and I expect a collapse there. They are going to need a lot of scoring throughout the game.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogskin
That depth chart is not accurate. Cooley was announced as starter a few days ago. But Thrash HAS looked like #3 WR. You guys that are badmouthing him are in for a big surprise. He will be #2 soon. Scott is NOT his equal or anything close. At least not at this point in his career. He is clearly not up to the level of any of the guys they kept active. Hopefully, he will develop to that level.
Hogskin
You are absolutley correct about Thrash. Thrash is one of the toughest WR in the league. The guy has no fear, he will sacrifice his body to make a catch. No Alligator arms with Thrash. Great special teams player.
Even when DB's hit him hard, Thrash always bounces back up and hardly ever gets hurt. Something Taylor Jacobs could learn from Thrash....toughness. Scott, McCants, Jacobs might have more speed but they are not as good a football player. Sometimes people forget the game still comes down to playing football. Not how fast you are or what a great athlete you are. Look at Gary Clark. He was small and slow. Yet he was a great football player.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
im4skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: virginia
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogskin
Well, my response to that is that over the past 4 years, TO had consistently more points than most of the guys on your list. And fantasy football is based on points - there is no scoring category for ego. I go for the points. Of course I would take Moss, and possibly Marvin, over TO, but you can't always get them. I'll take Chad Johnson and TO over any of those other guys this year.
You can't always go by previous year points all the time. I agree with some of what your saying, but circumstances changes. Eddie George would be a top 10 back if you go by the past 4 years, but his time is passing. Tory Holt is a guy that is rising and will do so. Owens will stay the same if not suffer. Philly still doesn't have a solid #2 receiver, so TO will be doubled. He thrived in SF b/c Garcia could deliver the ball to other role player receivers which opened up TO. Now that is gone, and you could start to see the small decline in his numbers last year when there wasn't decent receiver beside him.
im4skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by im4skins
You can't always go by previous year points all the time. I agree with some of what your saying, but circumstances changes. Eddie George would be a top 10 back if you go by the past 4 years, but his time is passing. Tory Holt is a guy that is rising and will do so. Owens will stay the same if not suffer. Philly still doesn't have a solid #2 receiver, so TO will be doubled. He thrived in SF b/c Garcia could deliver the ball to other role player receivers which opened up TO. Now that is gone, and you could start to see the small decline in his numbers last year when there wasn't decent receiver beside him.
Sounds like you did not read the previous posts. Of COURSE you can not go by previous years points. In fact, in football, on the average, 7 out of the top 10 scorers at skill positions will not be in the top 10 the following year. My statement that you quoted and responded to was in answer to Smack's question, "Hogskin, don't Ward and Holt usually get more points than TO though?". It referred to previous years' scores, and that is how I answered it. My answer to YOUR statements about not wanting TO on a fantasy team because of his ego, was in my earlier post. Ego is not a scoring category in any leagues I have played in.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:25 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,814
If ego was a scoring category TO would be the undisputed heavyweight champ
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.84571 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25