Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Will we force Eli to beat us?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
im just being realistic man...in my opinion, this season is already a resounding success with solid wins over zona, the boys, philly...however, the skins have not beaten or even competed with the contenders - giants, steelers etc. Do i hope they will win yes...do i think they will win...sadly no. for goodness sake, they had to come back against seattle and they lost to the rams!!!

Being somewhat realistic on this site can get some people upset...trust me on that one. I am a very realistic fan, and understand that its going to take an absolute perfect game in every part of our team to win this game. And a little luck. The Giants are a very very dominant team, and we have been pretty average all season. IF we come out with same ole lame offense then it could get ugly....very quick.
We will be playing with a ton of emotion sunday, hopefully we can chanel that into our offensive play.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #32
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I do get a little tired of assumption behind your statement; which I believe is, if a defense can stop Jacobs then one of the other two would step up. I don't believe that's the case against the Skins. When we focus on stopping a running attack, we stop can stop it regardless of which back is in. And remember, your 3 backs combined average only about 30 yds more per game than ours combined. Pure and simple stat wise what has made your team the better team this year is your ability to end drives with TDs. That is what we are missing. We probably will hold your running game in check. (note by in check, I mean you will probably have a total of 90-130 yds rushing all told.) and you will probably hold ours in check. So then the game goes back on the quarterback's shoulders which is what the starter of the thread was really asking.

One significant difference, at least as of today, is Shawn Springs will be back in the line up.
Got it wrong,the point of the post was to point out that the Giants are a team no one person is resposable for their succsess or failure.The Giants don't have just one superstar, they have a bunch of football players.
You should never ASSUME.I know the Redskins have a team that can beat the Giants in this game, in more then one post I have said as much.This was to the point that ...we must make "ELI beat us".
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #33
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Got it wrong,the point of the post was to point out that the Giants are a team no one person is resposable for their succsess or failure.The Giants don't have just one superstar, they have a bunch of football players.
You should never ASSUME.I know the Redskins have a team that can beat the Giants in this game, in more then one post I have said as much.This was to the point that ...we must make "ELI beat us".
Oh my God man. Are you effing kidding me?? You still don't understand the meaning?? "Forcing eli to beat us," as has been repeated AD NAUSEUM in this thread, simply means take away the run as best as possible and make Eli throw much more than usual. "Forcing a QB" to beat a team is a football phrase used all the time.

This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. There isn't anyone on here who at any time suggested football isn't a team sport.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #34
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Oh my God man. Are you effing kidding me?? You still don't understand the meaning?? "Forcing eli to beat us," as has been repeated AD NAUSEUM in this thread, simply means take away the run as best as possible and make Eli throw much more than usual. "Forcing a QB" to beat a team is a football phrase used all the time.

This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. There isn't anyone on here who at any time suggested football isn't a team sport.
Many thanks Scud - i didn't think the title could really be misunderstood...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #35
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Many thanks Scud - i didn't think the title could really be misunderstood...
I don't think I did.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #36
Camp Scrub
 
redskinslick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

"Nature has made up her mind that what cannot defend itself shall not be defended".Ralph Waldo Emerson.
redskinslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #37
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Oh my God man. Are you effing kidding me?? You still don't understand the meaning?? "Forcing eli to beat us," as has been repeated AD NAUSEUM in this thread, simply means take away the run as best as possible and make Eli throw much more than usual. "Forcing a QB" to beat a team is a football phrase used all the time.

This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. There isn't anyone on here who at any time suggested football isn't a team sport.

And what it is I'm trying to convey to you is that you want to stop the runninng game to get us in our passing game.I don't agree with the "phrase" ,sorry.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #38
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinslick View Post
"Nature has made up her mind that what cannot defend itself shall not be defended".Ralph Waldo Emerson.


"Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinions of others."

Virginia Woolf
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #39
Camp Scrub
 
redskinslick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Punch Eli in the mouth and he'll throw us few a few.The Ravens flattend jacobs tires,so hittem low LL.
redskinslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #40
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
And what it is I'm trying to convey to you is that you want to stop the runninng game to get us in our passing game.I don't agree with the "phrase" ,sorry.
What is it exactly you don't agree with? The fact that the word "Eli" is used? Would it be better for you if the thread title was "Will we force the New York Giants football team to beat us with a team effort passing the ball?" Semantics.

If you're saying we can't stop the run, but if we do we won't be able to stop the pass, then fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

I guess I just have no idea whatsoever what your point is. You keep harping that it's a team effort despite the fact that no one here has suggested otherwise.

I can't believe I'm still talking about this.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #41
Special Teams
 
DieHardSkinsFan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 110
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

well he will be missing his biggest receiving threat. maybe jacobs will be out also, the skins must slow down there ground attack

PLAXICO WON’T PLAY AGAINST REDSKINS
Posted by Tim MacMahon on November 28, 2008, 7:48 p.m.

Giants receiver Plaxico Burress will sit out Sunday’s game against the Redskins because of a sore right hamstring.

You can criticize Burress for a lot of things, but his willingness to play through pain is not one of them. He played every game during the Giants’ Super Bowl season despite an ankle injury that kept him off the practice field. Burress injured his hamstring Nov. 16 in the win over the Ravens and aggravated it on the opening series of last week’s win over the Cardinals.

Domenik Hixon will start in Burress’ place. Attention fantasy geeks: Hixon had four catches for 102 yards and a touchdown against the Seahawks, when Burress was suspended for being a bonehead.
DieHardSkinsFan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #42
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

The news on Plaxico is awesome. Also heard that both Jacobs and Bradshaw are still ailing and Tuck had some kind of injury during practice. Looks like this battle will come down to emotion over injury issues because things are a little more even there - hopefully our guys play out of their minds come Sunday w/o losing focus.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The news on Plaxico is awesome. Also heard that both Jacobs and Bradshaw are still ailing and Tuck had some kind of injury during practice. Looks like this battle will come down to emotion over injury issues because things are a little more even there - hopefully our guys play out of their minds come Sunday w/o losing focus.
Bradshaw hasn't practiced all week, so he very well might not be able to go. Jacobs practiced today and will most likely play, although he was probable last week and was a late scratch. Tuck was back at practice today as well, and from what I read, he'll play.

On a down note for us, it's not looking very good for either Andre Carter or Fletcher to play. That sucks big time.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,919
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

I hope Blache sticks 8-9 in the box and makes Manning beat us. Hixon is a nice substitute for Plax but let's be honest, Plax killed us the past few years.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #45
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,693
Re: Will we force Eli to beat us?

So this time we have our top cb and they don't have their top wr. role reversal, lets hope the score shows a reversal as well!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28210 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25