Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #16
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

haha I love how haters still refuse to look at the analysis in their bashing. It's great.

how about you spend time looking at each play and each player and then come back with the same complaints.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #17
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

I don't care how you spin it. 6 yrds per carry or 50 pass in a WR direction we sucked. We could not move the ball, could not score points, and kept dropping balls. Our run offense went no where.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #18
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Lets look at another stat. How many drives stalled prior to the 50 yrd line. How many ended in punts?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Heck if we dont count the plays the giants scored on, we would have won the game..

LOL,there ya go ,we have a winner.No you guys miss my point to see the true production ya remove the best and the worst play and then you get the real average.(not whining,really)
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #20
Impact Rookie
 
A10sROCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 504
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Nice analysis.

If we had a good pass rush, our DB would look better.

The Giants are just a better football team now. Unless we played at a top level and got some breaks we weren't going to win.

Dropped balls, penalties and missed open WR plagued this offensive. We're near the bottom in the NFL on offense for many reasons.
__________________
'Gut and Power'

Last edited by A10sROCK; 12-03-2008 at 04:18 PM.
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10sROCK View Post
Unless the played at a top level and got some breaks we weren't going to win.
We did get a ton of breaks in this game. The weather was a pass pressure equalizer, taking away their greatest strength while leaving ours untouched. Burress did not play, and neither did Fred Robbins (I believe).

So if we were ever going to handle the Giants, Sunday was going to be that day.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #22
Impact Rookie
 
A10sROCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 504
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
We did get a ton of breaks in this game. The weather was a pass pressure equalizer, taking away their greatest strength while leaving ours untouched. Burress did not play, and neither did Fred Robbins (I believe).

So if we were ever going to handle the Giants, Sunday was going to be that day.
Agreed completely. We didn't take advantage of them and we lost. Our offense is below average and so our the ST. The defense can't win this game alone.
__________________
'Gut and Power'
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

GTripp0012:

Glad to see I am not the only one here who thinks DeAngelo Hall is only marginally competent as a cover corner.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

I didn't have a problem with us blitzing Manning. W/out Burress, we should've been able to cover their wr's one on one and we just didn't do it. I think the coaches were trying to force the issue against a better team. Maybe get some turnovers and sacks to help our high school offense w/ better field position. Manning just made some great throws. Rodgers played like shit and let Hixon abuse him. I do think NY is better coached and they are a better organization than we are. But the Giants d-coordinator is a champion because of Osi, Strahan and Tuck. Let's not make him out to be some kind special coach with a magic wan.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

skinsfan69:

The Giants are playing without Strahan and Osi this year and are 11-1. IN eight quarters, the Redskins scored 14 points on that defense. They - and the defensive coordinator - are getting the job done this year too.


And if you want to denigrate his coaching on last year's championship team by saying he had all those star players so of course he did well, then I'm sure you'll agree with me that Joe Bugel is a dunderhead too. After all, when Bugel won titles he had nothing but Pro Bowl players on the OL (May, Grimm, Jacoby, Lachey, Bostic).


Here's the deal. Good players make good coaches look REALLY good. That is the situation that Steve Spagnuolo finds himself in with the Giants. He is a good coach and a good coordinator and the Giants have built a defensive unit that plays well together. He didn't do all of that; he played a part in all of that. Same goes for just about every other coach on every other winning NFL team.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #26
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL,there ya go ,we have a winner.No you guys miss my point to see the true production ya remove the best and the worst play and then you get the real average.(not whining,really)
Football is not a game of average plays though bud. The teams that can make big plays are more likely to win games.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 AM   #27
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Football is not a game of average plays though bud. The teams that can make big plays are more likely to win games.
Right but the post was trying to explain how good the O was not win or lose.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #28
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
skinsfan69:

The Giants are playing without Strahan and Osi this year and are 11-1. IN eight quarters, the Redskins scored 14 points on that defense. They - and the defensive coordinator - are getting the job done this year too.


And if you want to denigrate his coaching on last year's championship team by saying he had all those star players so of course he did well, then I'm sure you'll agree with me that Joe Bugel is a dunderhead too. After all, when Bugel won titles he had nothing but Pro Bowl players on the OL (May, Grimm, Jacoby, Lachey, Bostic).


Here's the deal. Good players make good coaches look REALLY good. That is the situation that Steve Spagnuolo finds himself in with the Giants. He is a good coach and a good coordinator and the Giants have built a defensive unit that plays well together. He didn't do all of that; he played a part in all of that. Same goes for just about every other coach on every other winning NFL team.
I'm not denigrating him. But Tripp was basically making it out that Spagnulo was some kind of genious or something. And Blache was an idiot for blitzing Manning. I'll just put it this way. Spagnulo is a good coach, but his job is much easier than Blache'.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #29
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

As always, fantastic breakdown GTripp (I appreciate these more and more).
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #30
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: I know something you don't know: Redskins-Giants first half quick hits

gtripp another good read. but a couple of points i disagree with. Jason Taylor. i hope your right, but i don't see it. i singled him out, a bunch of times on Sunday. Blatche moved him all around the field, tyring to free him up to make plays. he had like one pressure. and while Hall might not be a great cover corner, he is a play maker. should have 3 interceptions in 3 games. he is probably leading the skins in picks after only being here for not even a quarter of the season. play makers are where its at in this league
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31670 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25