Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,522
JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out - Redskins Insider

ZOMG, Vinny wants to trade Los so he can draft another receiver.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Unless we got a mid-1st round pick for him (which is a pipe dream), I'd be dead-set against any such trade. He's entering his prime, Springs is likely gone, Smoot should get his named changed to Smoked, and Tryon hasn't shown much promise yet.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Camp Scrub
 
mitch e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fayetteville Ar
Posts: 56
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

If they dont put together a good OL they wont do any better next year.
__________________
"Once you've heard the truth everything else is just cheap whiskey." R. Lee Ermey
mitch e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,522
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Unless we got a mid-1st round pick for him (which is a pipe dream), I'd be dead-set against any such trade. He's entering his prime, Springs is likely gone, Smoot should get his named changed to Smoked, and Tryon hasn't shown much promise yet.
I'm inclined to lower my demand to an early second round pick but even that seems to be a pipe dream in and of itself with a lot of Rogers trade value hinging on guys like Nnamdi Asomugha availability as well as lesser corners like Gamble and Robinson. Still the truth is we were able to end up as a top 5 defense this year (at least I still think we're top 5) due to the fact that we had a great secondary. Theres no gurantee that trading Rogers for a draft pick will realocate the talent that he brought to the defense up to the front four and with Vinny's draft history I doubt it will.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

carlos is a great cb. he may not have hands but our pass D went downhill when he got demoted. retarded.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,265
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

seems the skins coaches decide not to talk with players before they get dropped down the depth charts. jansen's comments at the begginning of the season seem to be identical to rogers . . "no one told me or explained why. i would like to know . ." which just leads to reporters asking them about it, then the player gives the "dont know, nobodys told me, youd have to ask them" response. (players are saying this in response to a question and not seeking to take things public on their own initiative like . . cough cough .. portis . . cough couch)

im sure the skins coaches have their reasons for taking this approach so i wont second guess, just seems to really rub the players the wrong way and go against what coach zorn was talking about at the beginning of the season: the importance of being honest and upfront with players.

to bench a guy and not tell him why really doesnt bode well for a healthy relationship with a player your potentialy going to enter into contract negotiations with.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

i mean, i would not take anything less than a 1st rounder maybe HIGH 2nd

he's young and talents
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,265
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch e View Post
If they dont put together a good OL they wont do any better next year.
the past 5-8 years we've had a great O line and the results were the same: 7-9 to 9-7. this year the O line was a problem for about 8 games and all of the sudden its the O lines fault weve had a below average passing game for a decade now?

i love our O line guys, tired of seeing them made out to be a scapegoat this year when theyve been our bread and butter for years and we still had no passing game.

the problems this team has have been here for awhile, well before the O line started to age and decline.

sorry man, what you say is true just wish we could sprinkle the blame to other areas of the team too.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Makes sense, after all, the defensive struggled this year, while the offense lit it up.

Anyway, I am not full of too much faith with Cerrato still running the front office. This is a guy that does not believe you need offense or defense lineman.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
redskins4lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 12
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

I think they should bring all 4 of the corners back next year if they can and start hall and rogers and have springs rotate with horton at saftey and some corner next year if he would do that
redskins4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
SkinzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 245
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins4lif View Post
I think they should bring all 4 of the corners back next year if they can and start hall and rogers and have springs rotate with horton at saftey and some corner next year if he would do that
I agree 100%.
__________________
"Baseball is what we were, football is what we have become"
SkinzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Smoot is the only corner that needs to go. Rogers is probably our second best cover guy, behind Springs. i say no way
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Smoot is the only corner that needs to go. Rogers is probably our second best cover guy, behind Springs. i say no way

Might as well keep Springs, he is too old to really trade. Still he needs to be replaced as a starter regardless.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Might as well keep Springs, he is too old to really trade. Still he needs to be replaced as a starter regardless.
As much as I like Springs, I doubt we keep a 34 year old injury-prone corner who carries an $8M cap figure.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: JLC: Rogers, Possibly on the Way Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
seems the skins coaches decide not to talk with players before they get dropped down the depth charts. jansen's comments at the begginning of the season seem to be identical to rogers . . "no one told me or explained why. i would like to know . ." which just leads to reporters asking them about it, then the player gives the "dont know, nobodys told me, youd have to ask them" response. (players are saying this in response to a question and not seeking to take things public on their own initiative like . . cough cough .. portis . . cough couch)

im sure the skins coaches have their reasons for taking this approach so i wont second guess, just seems to really rub the players the wrong way and go against what coach zorn was talking about at the beginning of the season: the importance of being honest and upfront with players.

to bench a guy and not tell him why really doesnt bode well for a healthy relationship with a player your potentialy going to enter into contract negotiations with.

go skins!!
If they are benching players they need to meet with them first and explain why its happening and thats just good leadership.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28082 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25