Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2009 needs

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
markymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
2009 needs

ok a lot has been said about the offense and defensive lines and how we need an upgrade. i would agree but we have a lot of problems on this team with few answers. our lines do need upgrade our lbs other then fletcher need to be upgraded and resigning hall would give us a nice secondary. also wrs need an upgrade. now i know we just spend 2 2nd round picks on wrs but if they don't pan out early maybe we could get someone before mid season. a true 2nd or preferably 1st is needed. i think rb is good te is good and qb is STILL a question. like i said this team has a lot of improvements to make. to help our lines out the signing of gross peppers and/ or haynesworth is needed. i'm not saying we can get all three but 2 out of 3 is reasonable. then because this draft class is deep for o-linemen we use most of our picks on them. now i'm sure we could find a cheap lb in fa that would be an upgrade over washington. thats my thoughts
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: 2009 needs

Our biggest need this offseason again comes on the DE spot, the lack of pass rush every season in awful... Our d finished 4th in the league, just imagine if we had a 10sack season from anyone, much less taylor or carter. Also a true number 2 WR would really help, Cooley is a beast, Moss is a true Speedster, but ARE cant get it done as a Num 2.. Thomas or Kelly either one has to step up this offseason! And finally I want to see JC under Zorn's offense again next year, It is a HUGE year for Campbell in the last year of his contract.... If we don't atleast make the playoff's he is probably gone, and who know's Zorn may be out as well...
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: 2009 needs

Simple answer

Lines -- BOTH!
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: 2009 needs

Two words: Aaron Curry.
Top 3 defenses are all in the championship game. This kid is the best complete LB I have ever seen. Trade up if needed.
Coach up the offense so they can have zero turnovers and score 3-4 field goals a game. Draft Curry, resign Hall, sign Haynesworth.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark View Post
ok a lot has been said about the offense and defensive lines and how we need an upgrade. i would agree but we have a lot of problems on this team with few answers. our lines do need upgrade our lbs other then fletcher need to be upgraded and resigning hall would give us a nice secondary. also wrs need an upgrade. now i know we just spend 2 2nd round picks on wrs but if they don't pan out early maybe we could get someone before mid season. a true 2nd or preferably 1st is needed. i think rb is good te is good and qb is STILL a question. like i said this team has a lot of improvements to make. to help our lines out the signing of gross peppers and/ or haynesworth is needed. i'm not saying we can get all three but 2 out of 3 is reasonable. then because this draft class is deep for o-linemen we use most of our picks on them. now i'm sure we could find a cheap lb in fa that would be an upgrade over washington. thats my thoughts

They drafted three recievers last year but none of them panned out. Like it or not they're stuck with what they have. We might get a lesser known guy in FA but I think that the draft picks we have are here for another year. ARE, Moss, and Thrash are the questions. Are you saying that we get rid of Moss in favor of a FA guy and some picks?

I'm not saying Vinny will not draft WR but the most pressing needs are out aging lines and deffense.

We only have four picks and we'll probably make some deals to get more. Look for one of our better players to get traded. If we don't pick up someone like an Alex Mack or a solid LB that will be there for years then I'm betting that Vinny will trade down.

Guys will be brought back on the cheap or they'll be cut. The only ones we will not get rid of are the ones that'll cost us an arm and a leg in dead cap. Some of these guys are not coming back regardless. I don't see them cutting everyone. If anything some of these guys should come back to add depth while the younger guys get the snaps. If they go down we've got a vet there for at least the end of the season.

After watching Filth-a-delphia beat NJG I'm not as worried about our team as I was. I was on the blow it up fence after this year but now I'm not so sure.

The two things that I can think of that can make a huge difference is a run stopping defensive player. I'd look to get a guy who can come in right away if possible. This stuck out to me after watching the Philly game. That and the fact that the O-line gave McNabb all day. This would've been helpfull this season with NJG, Pittsburgh, and Dallas. That's why I say Alex Mack or LB for the 13th pick.

I know everyone one is going to say that it takes years for a Center to get ready but we don't have years unless you want to move someone to play that position. I can see that but I wouldn't get rid of Raback outright.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Camp Scrub
 
markymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Re: 2009 needs

i'm definitely not saying get rid of moss but he does need help. he needs someone else to take pressure off him on first and second down. cooley is great but again hes getting doubled up too. another legit wr would help us the most and allow ARE to move to the 3rd wr which would make him really dangerous. but you all are right lines have to be priority which we could build though the draft. our line is not as great as others but its also not that bad. if we could get guys to come in over the next 3 years we'd be fine. draft a guard and center this year that we could start if needed but dont need to start and help them develop. but what about the lb situation? any thoughts out there?
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark View Post
i'm definitely not saying get rid of moss but he does need help. he needs someone else to take pressure off him on first and second down. cooley is great but again hes getting doubled up too. another legit wr would help us the most and allow ARE to move to the 3rd wr which would make him really dangerous. but you all are right lines have to be priority which we could build though the draft. our line is not as great as others but its also not that bad. if we could get guys to come in over the next 3 years we'd be fine. draft a guard and center this year that we could start if needed but dont need to start and help them develop. but what about the lb situation? any thoughts out there?
If getting rid of Moss means a pick or picks that are going to help us address the offensive line, I think it is worth it. What's the point to having a good receiver, if your QB doesn't have time to throw it nor does it have a good running game to set up the pass. We could have Randy Moss and our passing game still would suffer (sadly lots of fans - including yours truly and the FO did not think of this and brought in three receivers).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Camp Scrub
 
markymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Re: 2009 needs

so then we have a young o line that is going to have growing pains and no one to throw to... sounds like what the raiders are going though right now
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark View Post
so then we have a young o line that is going to have growing pains and no one to throw to... sounds like what the raiders are going though right now
Thats what happens when you have to rebuilt the entire Lien at one time, instead of replacing through drafting over time. The Redskins have missed that point, both at the OLine and at DEs.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 826
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark View Post
ok a lot has been said about the offense and defensive lines and how we need an upgrade. i would agree but we have a lot of problems on this team with few answers. our lines do need upgrade our lbs other then fletcher need to be upgraded and resigning hall would give us a nice secondary. also wrs need an upgrade. now i know we just spend 2 2nd round picks on wrs but if they don't pan out early maybe we could get someone before mid season. a true 2nd or preferably 1st is needed. i think rb is good te is good and qb is STILL a question. like i said this team has a lot of improvements to make. to help our lines out the signing of gross peppers and/ or haynesworth is needed. i'm not saying we can get all three but 2 out of 3 is reasonable. then because this draft class is deep for o-linemen we use most of our picks on them. now i'm sure we could find a cheap lb in fa that would be an upgrade over washington. thats my thoughts
... just because he said we still need a 1 or 2 WR doesnt mean he said get rid of moss.
Getting rid of a gamebreaker like Santana moss would be clearly going backwards. YOU ADD TO WHAT YOU GOT! KEEP SANTANA ALL DAY!
Santana needs help... not to be replaced.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
#21Taylor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montgomery County, Md
Age: 38
Posts: 20
Re: 2009 needs

Curry looks good, but I think it's a must we draft an OT at 13. Unless we're able to trade 13 for a later 1st and a 2nd, we must draft OT first.
#21Taylor4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
#21Taylor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montgomery County, Md
Age: 38
Posts: 20
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
... just because he said we still need a 1 or 2 WR doesnt mean he said get rid of moss.
Getting rid of a gamebreaker like Santana moss would be clearly going backwards. YOU ADD TO WHAT YOU GOT! KEEP SANTANA ALL DAY!
Santana needs help... not to be replaced.
Moss would be filthy as a slot receiver. I think Kelly will evolve into a starter, but I'm still unsure about Thomas. Ideally, I'd like to see Kelly-#1, ?-#2, and Moss as our #3/slot receiver.
#21Taylor4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If getting rid of Moss means a pick or picks that are going to help us address the offensive line, I think it is worth it. What's the point to having a good receiver, if your QB doesn't have time to throw it nor does it have a good running game to set up the pass. We could have Randy Moss and our passing game still would suffer (sadly lots of fans - including yours truly and the FO did not think of this and brought in three receivers).
I have thought about it and just can't see giving up Moss for a second rounder. I understand why people think so, but if he is made the second reciever, he can also become the full time punt returner. He could be a true game changer there. Packaging Randle El and Betts for a pick/trade could be a better option.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2009 needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Simple answer

Lines -- BOTH!
Yes. Kicker too.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: 2009 needs

The Redskins need to upgrade at offensive line, defensive line and linebacker. The Skins invested heavily in Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly and they need to improve in the off season. Typically it takes wide receivers three years to breakthrough. Unfortunately, the Skins can't wait that long. They need one of these guys to step up now.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31175 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25