Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #31
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Spags was also not nearly the hot commodity he was last offseason. Chiefs, Broncos, Jets, and Lions all interviewed him and passed.

As for who will replace Spagnuolo in NY, it will probably will be an in-house person since their first choice Dom Capers (an outsider) passed the offer to take the job in Green Bay
Bill Sheridan was promoted from LB's coach to DC.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
KingOFCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: riverside,ca
Posts: 4
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Wow And to think the players still wanted Haslett. Rams will still be a junk team next year.
__________________
"Try your best? Losers always whine about trying their best while winners go home with the prom queen."-Sean Connery
KingOFCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #33
Camp Scrub
 
redskins301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5
Talking Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

thank god steve is not on the giants
redskins301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #34
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Who wants to bet the Giants regress next season? Honestly, the NFC East is looking a little less intimidating these days. Cowboys: what a mess. Seriously, Dallas reminds of that reality show where Mini-Me took a leak on the wall (from the edge of his motocart). Eagles: something tells me there will be a shake-up of sorts in Philly but who knows. I'd like to say the B & G have an opportunity to compete for the division but 1) it's way too early to predict squat 2) the four beasts of the East will just beat the shit out of each other especially if we're playing about the same level.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #35
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Who wants to bet the Giants regress next season? Honestly, the NFC East is looking a little less intimidating these days. Cowboys: what a mess. Seriously, Dallas reminds of that reality show where Mini-Me took a leak on the wall (from the edge of his motocart). Eagles: something tells me there will be a shake-up of sorts in Philly but who knows. I'd like to say the B & G have an opportunity to compete for the division but 1) it's way too early to predict squat 2) the four beasts of the East will just beat the shit out of each other especially if we're playing about the same level.
I wouldn't mind a weak division. I mean look at AZ, they took advantage of being in a weak division, peaked at the right time (playoffs), and now are Superbowl bound. Even if the division is "weak" the media will hype the Cowboys, and to a lesser extent the Giants and Iggles.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I wouldn't mind a weak division. I mean look at AZ, they took advantage of being in a weak division, peaked at the right time (playoffs), and now are Superbowl bound. Even if the division is "weak" the media will hype the Cowboys, and to a lesser extent the Giants and Iggles.
You mean like the 49ers of the 80's and 90's? That team got way too much credit in my opinion.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #37
Special Teams
 
cdskins26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 348
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Spags finds himself in a deep hole, but give it three years before the rams are respectable.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #38
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You mean like the 49ers of the 80's and 90's? That team got way too much credit in my opinion.
Yes but you still have to win the big games, and I know the 49ers did that. Once again, a weak division gives you a better opportunity to get to the playoffs. But once you are there, you have to show up and play. As I've stated before, I don't think this year's Redskins would have shown up for the playoffs if they had been in Arizona's situation.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #39
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yes but you still have to win the big games, and I know the 49ers did that. Once again, a weak division gives you a better opportunity to get to the playoffs. But once you are there, you have to show up and play. As I've stated before, I don't think this year's Redskins would have shown up for the playoffs if they had been in Arizona's situation.
Yeah, you get to the playoffs healthy playing non-physical pansies unlike our division which has always been pretty physical especially during the 80's.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yeah, you get to the playoffs healthy playing non-physical pansies unlike our division which has always been pretty physical especially during the 80's.
I think the biggest advantage of playing in a weak division is being able to get into the playoffs by winning your division with a 9-7 or 8-8 record. Yes being healthy is important, but a tad bit more important is not have to worry about wild card spots.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Rams just hired Pat Shurmur from the Eagles to be their OC. So for the second year in a row a team decides to cast Al Saunders and his offense aside for the West Coast Offense.

Bulger in the WCO should be interesting. Here's a crazy thought I had...Colt to the Rams!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,431
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

You've gotta wonder if Saunders run as a successful and sought after OC is coming to an end. That's 2 teams in a row now where his offense didn't live up to it's hype.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'm glad Spagnuolo will no longer be scheming against our offense twice a year.
As long as the Giants still have that front four, it won't matter who the coordinator is.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You've gotta wonder if Saunders run as a successful and sought after OC is coming to an end. That's 2 teams in a row now where his offense didn't live up to it's hype.
Wonder if the Raiders will hire Saunders (I think he's supposed to be interviewing with them) as their OC.

You know what would be funny is if they hire him and also hire Jim Fassel as the head coach, although Fassel might be heading to Detroit

Not to go off-topic here but I will anyway, did anyone else here realize that the Rams' GM used to be a scout with the Redskins in the 80s? Gibbs has got some sort of executive tree going on it seems

Mark Murphy-Packers President
Martin Mayhew-Lions GM
Billy Devaney-Rams GM
Doug Williams-Bucs Exec (don't know his actual title)

and then of course you've got

Ken Whisenhunt-Cardinals HC (along with Grimm and Rutledge)
Todd Bowles-Dolphins DC, top head coach candidate
Mike Tice-Jaguars Assistant HC

anyhow, what were we talking about again?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #45
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Rams Hire Spagnoulo - NFL.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Wonder if the Raiders will hire Saunders (I think he's supposed to be interviewing with them) as their OC.

You know what would be funny is if they hire him and also hire Jim Fassel as the head coach, although Fassel might be heading to Detroit

Not to go off-topic here but I will anyway, did anyone else here realize that the Rams' GM used to be a scout with the Redskins in the 80s? Gibbs has got some sort of executive tree going on it seems

Mark Murphy-Packers President
Martin Mayhew-Lions GM
Billy Devaney-Rams GM
Doug Williams-Bucs Exec (don't know his actual title)

and then of course you've got

Ken Whisenhunt-Cardinals HC (along with Grimm and Rutledge)
Todd Bowles-Dolphins DC, top head coach candidate
Mike Tice-Jaguars Assistant HC

anyhow, what were we talking about again?
I completely forgot Wisenhunt played for us. Back in '89 I think....
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29791 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25