Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,345
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

WE already have a great LB in Fletcher, he's no Lewis but we need to add youth not old age!! IDK why Dallas wants him and why Baltimore would let the best player in their short history leave.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
A10sROCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 504
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

London Fletcher is that heart of this defense an still playing extremely well.

The Ravens will only let Ray Lewis go if they think he isn't worth the money anymore. I hope he goes to Dallas and adds to their cap problems.
__________________
'Gut and Power'
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Wow. That team is such a circus.

One thing I didn't know that this article points out is that Romo is a bit of a diva himself. Consistently poor practice habits, taking criticism personally...

Also, it sounds like the whole Jason Garrett phenomenon from last offseason was kind of overblown. The guy went 0-3 in head coaching interviews the past few weeks, their offense struggled much more this year than last, and it sounds like his relationship with Romo and TO is pretty strained. All the defensive players lost respect for Brian Stewart, and on and on and on.

This is great!! I bookmarked this article so I can read it whenever I'm in a bad mood.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 01-20-2009 at 02:42 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
Special Teams
 
Dblock804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 143
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Me too. Jerry Jones just might be the next Al Davis

This is great!! I bookmarked this article so I can read it whenever I'm in a bad mood.[/QUOTE]
Dblock804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Their fall worries me some because they may have hit bottom and the only way to go is up. If JJ & Wade can't instill some discipline in the team next year, things are gonna be really ugly. Based on talent they should still have a winning team. I hope the drama can go on & bit longer, as I hate to say it, but we'll need help winnng games in 09!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Their fall worries me some because they may have hit bottom and the only way to go is up. If JJ & Wade can't instill some discipline in the team next year, things are gonna be really ugly. Based on talent they should still have a winning team. I hope the drama can go on & bit longer, as I hate to say it, but we'll need help winnng games in 09!
The Cowboys are wasting a roster loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, which is fine with me. Until they hire a coach who can lead and command respect, and until Jerry Jones backs off, they will never be a true contender, IMO.

I'm willing to bet that if Parcells hadn't left, they would have made a trip to the SuperBowl either this season or last season.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

I don't think Lewis is going anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Suggs and Scott gone though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
WE already have a great LB in Fletcher, he's no Lewis but we need to add youth not old age!! IDK why Dallas wants him and why Baltimore would let the best player in their short history leave.
Please read the first post stating that this is not a "Ray Lewis to the Redskins" thread.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,431
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think Lewis is going anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Suggs and Scott gone though
I would think Suggs would be their top priority, I wouldn't mind if the Skins took a run at him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I would think Suggs would be their top priority, I wouldn't mind if the Skins took a run at him.
How would you play Suggs? DE or LB?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,431
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
How would you play Suggs? DE or LB?
I would go 1st and 2nd downs at LB, 3rd down put his hand down at DE.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I like Lewis but he's clearly not the same player he once was. They can have him.
I don't know. He still looks pretty damn good to me. Just ask Rashard Mendenhall.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Wow. That team is such a circus.

One thing I didn't know that this article points out is that Romo is a bit of a diva himself. Consistently poor practice habits, taking criticism personally...

Also, it sounds like the whole Jason Garrett phenomenon from last offseason was kind of overblown. The guy went 0-3 in head coaching interviews the past few weeks, their offense struggled much more this year than last, and it sounds like his relationship with Romo and TO is pretty strained. All the defensive players lost respect for Brian Stewart, and on and on and on.

This is great!! I bookmarked this article so I can read it whenever I'm in a bad mood.
I don't even know why Garrett is getting interviews. There were many times his offense looked un prepared and he had same games where his play calling was terrible.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I would think Suggs would be their top priority, I wouldn't mind if the Skins took a run at him.
It depends on how much money it will cost them, really. Did you know that the Ravens have something like $12 million in dead cap money owed to Ogden and McNair?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Ray Lewis and Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't even know why Garrett is getting interviews. There were many times his offense looked un prepared and he had same games where his play calling was terrible.
I agree. Maybe it was left-over fascination from their 13-3 season in '07, after which JJ made him the highest paid assistant in the NFL. For a while there it looked inevitable that he would take over for Phillips, now I'm not so sure he's even safe as OC if '09 looks anything like '08.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28966 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25