Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #121
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Good call. I could see that.
Wonder if the same could happen w/ Marcus. Personally I was surprised to hear he wants to leave (if the rumor is true) and then thought maybe he wants to play for Williams.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #122
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

This pisses me off....
They should offer Carlos a contract first....he is steady.

If they offer Deangelo anything...it should be a 1 year deal to prove himself...I just dont trust him yet.

The real issue is where we choose to spend our money....at corner?....cmon...
Everyone says we need a major line overhaul...and I tend to agree.
Even Smoot could cover if we had a passrush and an offensive line that could keep the defense off the field...or better yet....a heavy lead.

Maybe I am wrong..maybe they are trying to secure Hall first so they can offer Carlos the same or $1 more to make up with him....but all I know is this.
Losing Carlos Rodgers would be like losing Antonio Pierce.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #123
Camp Scrub
 
John Hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This pisses me off....
They should offer Carlos a contract first....he is steady.

If they offer Deangelo anything...it should be a 1 year deal to prove himself...I just dont trust him yet.

The real issue is where we choose to spend our money....at corner?....cmon...
Everyone says we need a major line overhaul...and I tend to agree.
Even Smoot could cover if we had a passrush and an offensive line that could keep the defense off the field...or better yet....a heavy lead.

Maybe I am wrong..maybe they are trying to secure Hall first so they can offer Carlos the same or $1 more to make up with him....but all I know is this.
Losing Carlos Rodgers would be like losing Antonio Pierce.
i think your right. at the MOST, offer deangelo a 2 year deal so you can see if he really matured or just was acting so he can get a contract next year.
John Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #124
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Wonder if the same could happen w/ Marcus. Personally I was surprised to hear he wants to leave (if the rumor is true) and then thought maybe he wants to play for Williams.
That I think is less likely. They are set at MLB and LOLB with Vilma and Fujita. The other guy out of Nebraska, Scott Shanle, started all 16 games for them last year at ROLB and had around 90 tackles, plus he's younger than Marcus.

I never heard that Marcus wanted to leave. I love the dude's motor and heart, but he's lost a step, he's expensive, and he's just hurt too much.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #125
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,576
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This pisses me off....
They should offer Carlos a contract first....he is steady.

If they offer Deangelo anything...it should be a 1 year deal to prove himself...I just dont trust him yet.

The real issue is where we choose to spend our money....at corner?....cmon...
Everyone says we need a major line overhaul...and I tend to agree.
Even Smoot could cover if we had a passrush and an offensive line that could keep the defense off the field...or better yet....a heavy lead.

Maybe I am wrong..maybe they are trying to secure Hall first so they can offer Carlos the same or $1 more to make up with him....but all I know is this.
Losing Carlos Rodgers would be like losing Antonio Pierce.
Rogers still has a year on his deal, there's no need to extend him now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #126
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,964
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This pisses me off....
They should offer Carlos a contract first....he is steady.

If they offer Deangelo anything...it should be a 1 year deal to prove himself...I just dont trust him yet.

The real issue is where we choose to spend our money....at corner?....cmon...
Everyone says we need a major line overhaul...and I tend to agree.
Even Smoot could cover if we had a passrush and an offensive line that could keep the defense off the field...or better yet....a heavy lead.

Maybe I am wrong..maybe they are trying to secure Hall first so they can offer Carlos the same or $1 more to make up with him....but all I know is this.
Losing Carlos Rodgers would be like losing Antonio Pierce.
Wow, that's as big of an overstatement as I've seen in a long time. Rogers isn't a top 20 CB in the NFL. He had a decent half of a season and all of the sudden he's one of the greats in the game? He's got the WORST hands of any CB I've ever seen. He's decent in coverage but at best he's an excellent #2 CB, he's not in the class with the elite #1 CB in the league. Hall is a major upgrade from Rogers.
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me.
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #127
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This pisses me off....
They should offer Carlos a contract first....he is steady.

If they offer Deangelo anything...it should be a 1 year deal to prove himself...I just dont trust him yet.
The real issue is where we choose to spend our money....at corner?....cmon...
Everyone says we need a major line overhaul...and I tend to agree.
Even Smoot could cover if we had a passrush and an offensive line that could keep the defense off the field...or better yet....a heavy lead.

Maybe I am wrong..maybe they are trying to secure Hall first so they can offer Carlos the same or $1 more to make up with him....but all I know is this.
Losing Carlos Rodgers would be like losing Antonio Pierce.
You're serious?

What is it that you don't trust about Hall. It can't be his hands, or his coverage ability. Carlos Rogers is probably not even in the top 25 at the CB position. When you get benched for a guy who plays 4 games per season and a CB who you got off waivers in freakin November I think thats telling you something dude.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #128
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That I think is less likely. They are set at MLB and LOLB with Vilma and Fujita. The other guy out of Nebraska, Scott Shanle, started all 16 games for them last year at ROLB and had around 90 tackles, plus he's younger than Marcus.

I never heard that Marcus wanted to leave. I love the dude's motor and heart, but he's lost a step, he's expensive, and he's just hurt too much.
Vilma isn't a lock to come back, though it's likely. And the Saints are definitely looking for another linebacker. They have cap issues though, so it will likely come via the draft.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #129
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Vilma isn't a lock to come back, though it's likely. And the Saints are definitely looking for another linebacker. They have cap issues though, so it will likely come via the draft.
Yeah, we all know how G.Williams loves to have that stub MLB to quarterback his defense. I suppose most D-Coordinators do, but still.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #130
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
You're serious?

What is it that you don't trust about Hall. It can't be his hands, or his coverage ability. Carlos Rogers is probably not even in the top 25 at the CB position. When you get benched for a guy who plays 4 games per season and a CB who you got off waivers in freakin November I think thats telling you something dude.
Interesting insight.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #131
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
You're serious?

What is it that you don't trust about Hall. It can't be his hands, or his coverage ability. Carlos Rogers is probably not even in the top 25 at the CB position. When you get benched for a guy who plays 4 games per season and a CB who you got off waivers in freakin November I think thats telling you something dude.
What it tells me is that our coordinator on that side of the ball is clueless.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 AM   #132
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Wow, that's as big of an overstatement as I've seen in a long time. Rogers isn't a top 20 CB in the NFL. He had a decent half of a season and all of the sudden he's one of the greats in the game? He's got the WORST hands of any CB I've ever seen. He's decent in coverage but at best he's an excellent #2 CB, he's not in the class with the elite #1 CB in the league. Hall is a major upgrade from Rogers.
How is Rogers not a Top 20 CB in the NFL? Which 20 guys would you put ahead of him?

Bad hands, bad hands, bad hands...he plays defense. Who cares? Hands are an added incentive -- added value -- not a job requirement.

Hall is not a top 40 CB in the NFL, but whatever. You crap on Rogers for a "decent half season" (it's now one and a half seasons with a MAJOR knee injury in between), but Hall has a nice half season here and you want to put him in the Hall of Fame.

I have no idea what your criteria for a good CB is. Thusly, I could not disagree more with your assessment.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #133
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What it tells me is that our coordinator on that side of the ball is clueless.
yeah i've never figured out why Blache put Los on the pine. There's a story there and i'm surprised it's stayed private this long... initially i thought Blache and/or Grey might have benched Los in a weird stunt to get him seeing the game differently, slower and calmer, which would help him see the ball better and actually get it into his hands (i know this is improbable and a little bizarre but it's all i came up with). Los makes a nice INT the very next game, showing improvement and promise, but still we hear rumors of a trade. It's puzzling to say the least.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #134
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
yeah i've never figured out why Blache put Los on the pine. There's a story there and i'm surprised it's stayed private this long... initially i thought Blache and/or Grey might have benched Los in a weird stunt to get him seeing the game differently, slower and calmer, which would help him see the ball better and actually get it into his hands (i know this is improbable and a little bizarre but it's all i came up with). Los makes a nice INT the very next game, showing improvement and promise, but still we hear rumors of a trade. It's puzzling to say the least.
And it's retarded to say the most.

I hear the phrase "I hope I'm not reading into this too much" often, but in this case, I really hope I'm not reading into this enough. Because on the surface, what you have is a top ten -- maybe top fifteen depending on how much you value the ability to not drop three INTs per year -- CB in the NFL, who can't start because our stupid coordinator has a fetish with house blitzes and DeAngelo Hall.

Not saying that Hall didn't deserve to play based on how he was playing at the end of last year. I am saying that I don't expect him to ever play that well for a full season again in his career (it was still a down year for him if we take in the Oakland data), and we could have started both Rogers and Hall. But god forbid we actually play our best players.

Which means that the conditions seem right for an inside story here that simply haven't hit the papers. Maybe Rogers kicked Blache's dog or something. Because this fight is stupid and it's killing our secondary.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #135
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins "Low-balling" Hall (Allegedly)

word.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41539 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25