Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Interesting take on Campbell. I like the kid, but my patience with him is running out. I would have already benched him if I was the coach. I am sorry for saying that, but it is how I feel. I look at Campbell and McNabb and see two cities that veiw their QB's in an opposite manner. McNabb is on of the best winning QB's in the league and they hate him in Philadelphia. We have a QB that has been terrible and we give him every excuse for loosing. He has Portis, Moss and Cooley. How much more could he ask for. Its the Oline, its the recievers, no it is the quarterback.
Redskins, Jason Campbell Could Part Ways After '09 Season - NFL FanHouse
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Interesting take on Campbell. I like the kid, but my patience with him is running out. I would have already benched him if I was the coach. I am sorry for saying that, but it is how I feel. I look at Campbell and McNabb and see two cities that veiw their QB's in an opposite manner. McNabb is on of the best winning QB's in the league and they hate him in Philadelphia. We have a QB that has been terrible and we give him every excuse for loosing. He has Portis, Moss and Cooley. How much more could he ask for. Its the Oline, its the recievers, no it is the quarterback.
Redskins, Jason Campbell Could Part Ways After '09 Season - NFL FanHouse
Benched him in favor of whom? Why, because he didn't set the world on fire in his first year running the WCO with an overall mediocre receiving corps?

This blog link is just stating the obvious - his contract is up after 2009, therefore we could part ways after the '09 season.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Benched him in favor of whom? Why, because he didn't set the world on fire in his first year running the WCO with an overall mediocre receiving corps?

This blog link is just stating the obvious - his contract is up after 2009, therefore we could part ways after the '09 season.
I would have started with Todd Collins. He went 4-0 last season.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I would have started with Todd Collins. He went 4-0 last season.
And if he hadn't been mercilessly eliminated from the playoffs after that, he would have gone 0-4 there.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I would have started with Todd Collins. He went 4-0 last season.
And then he got a contract extension and proceeded to look lost and lousy in training camp and preseason. When Collins took us on our run in he was the beneficiary of a team on a mission after ST's murder, plus he was running a system he'd been in for years under Saunders.

Todd Collins is an old backup. That's it.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
REDSKIN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ROANOKE, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 109
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
And then he got a contract extension and proceeded to look lost and lousy in training camp and preseason. When Collins took us on our run in he was the beneficiary of a team on a mission after ST's murder, plus he was running a system he'd been in for years under Saunders.

Todd Collins is an old backup. That's it.

I second this notion..
__________________
"AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN"
REDSKIN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I would have started with Todd Collins. He went 4-0 last season.
Starting Collins would have only made sense if the FO had retained Williams as HC and put the offense in the hands of Saunders. I'm one of the few who thought this was the wise move and still today i believe we'd have been a very competitive playoff team under Williams/Saunders... it wasn't meant to be. Collins has little to nothing to offer in the WCO. Jason is the best QB on our roster.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Campbell is gone unless he really has a great year next season. I saythat just because it is natural for a player to ask for more money come contract renewal time. I doubt JC is going to sign for the same thing. He is poised to overtake Gus Frerotte in the all time Skins passing yardage around midseason. I mention that because when Gus was up for renewal Casserly got rid of him. If JC doesn't improve significantly and we miss the playoffs, I just can't see the Skins FO justifying resigning him.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

We can look at probably 20 other threads at least on this site and see the same arguments over and over. Ad nauseum is an understatement at this point.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Interesting take on Campbell. I like the kid, but my patience with him is running out. I would have already benched him if I was the coach. I am sorry for saying that, but it is how I feel. I look at Campbell and McNabb and see two cities that veiw their QB's in an opposite manner. McNabb is on of the best winning QB's in the league and they hate him in Philadelphia. We have a QB that has been terrible and we give him every excuse for loosing. He has Portis, Moss and Cooley. How much more could he ask for. Its the Oline, its the recievers, no it is the quarterback.
Redskins, Jason Campbell Could Part Ways After '09 Season - NFL FanHouse
I'm not even sure I can respond to such a silly comment. Derrick Anderson, Tavaris Jackson, Kyle Orton and Shawn Hill are guys that I would say are not good NFL QB's. With that being said how can you sit there and say JC is terrible?? He's not top tier but in no way shape or form is he terrible.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

I wish we could have more great threads just like this one.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm not even sure I can respond to such a silly comment. Derrick Anderson, Tavaris Jackson, Kyle Orton and Shawn Hill are guys that I would say are not good NFL QB's. With that being said how can you sit there and say JC is terrible?? He's not top tier but in no way shape or form is he terrible.
Yeah I don't know either. At this point it's almost comical. Nothing starts up more "interesting" discussion than QB talk around here.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
SkinzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 245
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

These threads are starting to give me tired head!! Campbell is our starting QB...no one had a problem with the dude when the Skins were 6-2. In fact, alot of folks were singing his praise and saying "I was wrong about him". The slide began when the O-line got hurt and started struggling. Not to mention it was the first season in the WCO which is very different from the Gibbs/Saunders fighting-each-other-to-find-an-identity offensive system. I think that's being overlooked way too much. It does make a difference. Jason just needs to be in the same system for a few years. The guy has changed offenses more than most of us change our underwear (I personally don't wear any). Perhaps we're reading too much of what JLC (the Campbell Soup Oompa Loompa Kid) and other Skins-haters in the media are saying.

Stay the course for the next 2-3 seasons and see where we're at then. Change for the sake of change hasn't worked over the last 17 years. I don't see it being a formula for success moving forward either. I'm tired of being disappointed every year too, but I'd really like to see a consistent contender on the field and we can have that unless we have continuity.

HAIL!!
__________________
"Baseball is what we were, football is what we have become"
SkinzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzzFan View Post
These threads are starting to give me tired head!! Campbell is our starting QB...no one had a problem with the dude when the Skins were 6-2. In fact, alot of folks were singing his praise and saying "I was wrong about him". The slide began when the O-line got hurt and started struggling. Not to mention it was the first season in the WCO which is very different from the Gibbs/Saunders fighting-each-other-to-find-an-identity offensive system. I think that's being overlooked way too much. It does make a difference. Jason just needs to be in the same system for a few years. The guy has changed offenses more than most of us change our underwear (I personally don't wear any). Perhaps we're reading too much of what JLC (the Campbell Soup Oompa Loompa Kid) and other Skins-haters in the media are saying.

Stay the course for the next 2-3 seasons and see where we're at then. Change for the sake of change hasn't worked over the last 17 years. I don't see it being a formula for success moving forward either. I'm tired of being disappointed every year too, but I'd really like to see a consistent contender on the field and we can have that unless we have continuity.

HAIL!!
A little to much information but a good post nonetheless. Unfortunately you can repeat this until you're blue in the face and some people will still refuse to take into account 1. Our o-line sucked the 2nd half of the season, which coincides with Campbell's fall in production. It also affected Portis's production and the run game became less of a factor 2. That we were installing the WCO, which every QB who has ever played it says it takes at LEAST 2 years to become efficient in it. 3. Our receivers dropped balls and ran incorrect routes. Under these exact same circumstances, Brady would'nt of had a good year.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
re: Updated: Evaluating the QB Situation (Discuss Campbell, Colt, etc)

I definately don't think that discussion about the QB should be off-limits, but there's absolutely nothing to talk about with Jason Campbell right now. There's his contract, but we're cap strapped, looking at an uncapped year in the future, and can negotiate with him when it makes more sense.

He's not good enough where we can start talking about pro-bowl snubs or his place among the games elite, but his development has just been so...run-of-the-mill that he just doesn't make an interesting topic of conversation.

Honestly, he hasn't deviated one bit from his expected development path. I don't think you could have scripted it to be less surprising. I don't understand where "he's just not that good." WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU EXPECTING?

Campbell arguments around here just suck. It's very obvious what we have in the guy. I don't have any idea how so many people are confused and don't know what we have in him.

Look, if he regresses next year (unexpectedly), then there will be some interesting Campbell topics in the off-season. Until then, I really think we need to put it to rest.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45603 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25