Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Seems like Cutler might be available.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #151
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

i dont see jason campbell as any more than an adequate starting qb. if we could wheel and deal reasonably for cutler that would be fantastic. i dont see it happening but campbell is nothing special, he should have shown more by now. we will see this upcoming season though, because like i said i dont see us aquiring cutler.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #152
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Seems he skipped a charity dinner where he was a scheduled guest. Link would'nt post. He's not making himself look any better.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #153
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

53Fan -- he still donated a large sum of money to that charity.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #154
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

This JLC post seems to fit in with this thread:

Jay Cutler a Redskin?
Jay Cutler is the flavor of the day/week/month, so my inbox is now stuffed with inquiries about him. (Covering the Redskins is the football equivalent of covering the Yankees or Red Wings, with every player examined and debated for a possible roster spot on a daily basis.)

So now it's Cutler, eh? Well, my take on this is that the dude wants to get paid, period, whether it's in Denver or Winnipeg. And given the state of panic that Broncos owner Pal Bowlen appears to be in over this whole saga, and the fact he rivals Daniel Snyder when it comes to spending, I don't see this kid leaving town. Just my hunch for now. If/when he gets that Ben Roethlisberger contract, he's suddenly going to be drenched in orange and talking about his dream of being the next Elway and spending his career in Denver.

And the bottom line is that the Broncos don't have to do anything if they don't want to. The kid has three years left on his rookie contract, and if he wants to hold out, so be it. Somehow I don't see it getting to that point.

As for the Redskins, well, they've certainly made no long-term commitment to Jason Campbell; forget about getting him a new contract. And Vinny Cerrato won't even call him the quarterback of the future. So would I rule out the Redskins sniffing around on a Pro Bowl QB? Heck, I never rule anything out.

But finding a way to stuff in a $15-million-a-year quarterback and the inevitable $45 million or more in guarantees when you didn't have the cap room to squeeze in Ray Willis would be something. And, again, it's not like the Skins have any more significant restructuring candidates sitting around the locker room or high-salaried veterans they can just jettison.

It would take a bounty to meet Denver's asking price, were this whole drama to reach that stage. We're talking multiple first-round picks in all likelihood. And if Denver Coach Josh McDaniels is telling the truth about not wanting picks for Cutler in any hypothetical, and instead wanting players, that pretty much takes the Skins out of the running.

There are far too few true potential franchise QBs in the league, let alone young ones, to let them get away. You don't see guys who have put up Cutler's numbers being traded very often, and had he gone, it would have only been for another young QB whom McDaniels obviously believes is a budding superstar (Matt Cassel).

A lot of Redskins fans are suggesting the team simply package Jason Campbell for Cutler, but that seems farfetched. McDaniels made it pretty clear Cassel was his guy, and I think he clearly wants someone he can mold. JC has already been through a career's worth of system and coordinator changes. That's not exactly a blank slate.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #155
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

That's a solid post by JLC. We can bounce hypotheticals around all we want, but there is no way in hell Cutler will be a Redskin.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #156
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
53Fan -- he still donated a large sum of money to that charity.
I didn't realize that. They neglected to put that in the article I read. I guess he just didn't want to be there with people from Denvers FO. It's just a messed up situation.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #157
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That's a solid post by JLC. We can bounce hypotheticals around all we want, but there is no way in hell Cutler will be a Redskin.
JLC's not really the bastion of insider knowledge or insight. Remember he's the one who virtually swore up and down in every pre-free agency article that the Redskins wouldn't be in on Haynesworth. How did that work out for him.

Now I highly doubt the Redskins will be in on Cutler (thankfully) but he's pretty much the last guy I'd look to for insight to the Redskins thoughts and actions.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #158
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

absolutely a zero chance we are going to land cutler. we are doomed for jason campbell for the next year
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #159
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Ok, I give our first, third and JC, for Cutler. then I draft two Olinemen with 5 and 6.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #160
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,878
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, I give our first, third and JC, for Cutler. then I draft two Olinemen with 5 and 6.
wow
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #161
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, I give our first, third and JC, for Cutler. then I draft two Olinemen with 5 and 6.
Sounds like the old Dan Snyder until he learned his lesson.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #162
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,831
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
This JLC post seems to fit in with this thread:

Jay Cutler a Redskin?
Jay Cutler is the flavor of the day/week/month, so my inbox is now stuffed with inquiries about him. (Covering the Redskins is the football equivalent of covering the Yankees or Red Wings, with every player examined and debated for a possible roster spot on a daily basis.)

So now it's Cutler, eh? Well, my take on this is that the dude wants to get paid, period, whether it's in Denver or Winnipeg. And given the state of panic that Broncos owner Pal Bowlen appears to be in over this whole saga, and the fact he rivals Daniel Snyder when it comes to spending, I don't see this kid leaving town. Just my hunch for now. If/when he gets that Ben Roethlisberger contract, he's suddenly going to be drenched in orange and talking about his dream of being the next Elway and spending his career in Denver.

And the bottom line is that the Broncos don't have to do anything if they don't want to. The kid has three years left on his rookie contract, and if he wants to hold out, so be it. Somehow I don't see it getting to that point.

As for the Redskins, well, they've certainly made no long-term commitment to Jason Campbell; forget about getting him a new contract. And Vinny Cerrato won't even call him the quarterback of the future. So would I rule out the Redskins sniffing around on a Pro Bowl QB? Heck, I never rule anything out.

But finding a way to stuff in a $15-million-a-year quarterback and the inevitable $45 million or more in guarantees when you didn't have the cap room to squeeze in Ray Willis would be something. And, again, it's not like the Skins have any more significant restructuring candidates sitting around the locker room or high-salaried veterans they can just jettison.

It would take a bounty to meet Denver's asking price, were this whole drama to reach that stage. We're talking multiple first-round picks in all likelihood. And if Denver Coach Josh McDaniels is telling the truth about not wanting picks for Cutler in any hypothetical, and instead wanting players, that pretty much takes the Skins out of the running.

There are far too few true potential franchise QBs in the league, let alone young ones, to let them get away. You don't see guys who have put up Cutler's numbers being traded very often, and had he gone, it would have only been for another young QB whom McDaniels obviously believes is a budding superstar (Matt Cassel).

A lot of Redskins fans are suggesting the team simply package Jason Campbell for Cutler, but that seems farfetched. McDaniels made it pretty clear Cassel was his guy, and I think he clearly wants someone he can mold. JC has already been through a career's worth of system and coordinator changes. That's not exactly a blank slate.
Dude you need to remove that link in your sig. It links to nothing.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #163
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

I haven't posted to this thread because I've not seen the point. Let me ask the pro-Cutler crowd something.

Why even discuss Cutler unless you think he'll take us over the top next year? Why bring him in to play when it's soup's contract year? You don't bench a QB on their contract year unless you have the man waiting behind him and Cutler isn't. If you want to bring in Cutler as backup then fine. I can see that. But he's acting like a little cry baby. If anything Denver should give us some draft picks just to take him off their hands. I'd rather have had Byron Leftwich as a back-up but that's beside the point.

We finally have a starting quarterback that we've drafted and developed. The year before last he was ho hum. It was his first year on the field and he wasn't able to finish the year. Last year he made a very good improvement and was leading the league for awhile in his QB ratings and in no interceptions. We finally have what we've been screaming about, a QB that is ours. This year is a contract year for him so we'll see the best he can do. He's got the offense or should. Plus he knows the offensive players and should be able to direct them according to their ability.

The QB isn't this team's problem, it's the O-line and special teams.

Besides, we don't need a QB that is any better than soup to win games. He's playing fine right now. Was Rype that good, was Doug? No, they were good to average guys on a good team that ran the ball effectively. I'd rather have a great O-line with an average QB than a great QB with an average O-line. I don't care how good of QB you have. If he gets his head buried in the field on every other down then his arm isn't going to be a factor.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #164
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

Of course the QB is important but I think it's safe to say it's a WHOLE lot more than the QB. Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, Dan Marino doesn't.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #165
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: Seems like Cutler might be available.

I'm with sticking with J Campbell, but damn dude , throw the ball down field sometimes !
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32051 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25