Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ok, I lied..I'm back a week early

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Talking Ok, I lied..I'm back a week early

Nice job week one gentlemen taking care of business...

One question...after you guys stifle the vaGiants this weekend, are you guys ready to face an NFL caliber offense?
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
So you are saying that the Cowboys offense is NFL caliber!?!?
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:06 PM   #3
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
So you are saying that the Cowboys offense is NFL caliber!?!?
5th in the league, thanks...1st passing 28th rushing

As I previously mentioned, the defense was a liability..even a majority of my home board disagreed

No pass rush, predictable defensive playcalling ultra soft schemes with no ball awareness equals big problems on D
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
yeah 5th in the league but in what YARDS, what do yards get you? Not a win I know that. That is something to brag about getting offisive yards over a sub-par vikings D.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
We have the #1 overall Deffense, but that is based on yards. Our team gave up the least amount of yards, but we still could have lost that game also. Does that mean our D is the greatest?
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
5th in the league, thanks...1st passing 28th rushing

As I previously mentioned, the defense was a liability..even a majority of my home board disagreed

No pass rush, predictable defensive playcalling ultra soft schemes with no ball awareness equals big problems on D
Who are you referring to about deffense? If you are refering to us apparently you watched last years game between the redskins and tampa.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:19 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
yeah 5th in the league but in what YARDS, what do yards get you? Not a win I know that. That is something to brag about getting offisive yards over a sub-par vikings D.
We caught the Vikes early this season..their D is certainly gonna improve looking at the personnel

Penalties that werent called against the Vikes, mental errors on the OL a botched snap, and a costly turnover really hurt us

And abandoning the running game too early is a mistake Parcells acknowlwdges..and as long as Eddie George is running the ball , our running game underachieves

Lee looked really good and we get Julius back this week

Cant wait till next Monday nite
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:24 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
We have the #1 overall Deffense, but that is based on yards. Our team gave up the least amount of yards, but we still could have lost that game also. Does that mean our D is the greatest?
No..lik we did last year on several ossasions, you guys took avdantage of a weak offensive team..and thats to be commended

You guys could have rolled over after the botched handoff between Brunnel and Portis,,,but you hung in and won

thats commendable

Still cant get and kudos for our O which for the first time in years has a legitimate QB and potentially very good running game with 2 talented, fast young RB's, huh?

Let's both win our respective opponents this week, roll up our sleeves and officially get down to business after Sunday

Capiche?
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:24 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Penalties that werent called against the Vikes, mental errors on the OL a botched snap, and a costly turnover really hurt us
So it wasnt Culpeppers 5 TD passes and the Vikes offense totally dominating your deffense that hurt you?
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
No..lik we did last year on several ossasions, you guys took avdantage of a weak offensive team..and thats to be commended

You guys could have rolled over after the botched handoff between Brunnel and Portis,,,but you hung in and won

thats commendable

Still cant get and kudos for our O which for the first time in years has a legitimate QB and potentially very good running game with 2 talented, fast young RB's, huh?

Let's both win our respective opponents this week, roll up our sleeves and officially get down to business after Sunday

Capiche?
Sounds good to me, but I have a hard time saying that Vinny Interseptaverde is a ligit QB. Maybe a good back up but thats it!

As far as your young RB's yeah that are talented and Parcelles has a way of finding good RB's but that is as much as I can say about your ground game.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
So it wasnt Culpeppers 5 TD passes and the Vikes offense totally dominating your deffense that hurt you?
No doubt..we got torched..I predicted a 37-24 loss 2 weeks ago

My $$ says if you guys had played them, they still hang 30 on you...your D is very similar to ours last year..take advantage of weaker opponents, but struggle against upper echelon teams

But, you wont see a good offense for another week

Then again, the Giants rolled up 413 yards of offense last week, including 22 runs for 170 yards and 2 TD's

I dont see you guys getting the same pressure the Iggles did on the G-Men in all honesty...The Bucs and Ravens may very well be the worst 2 offenses in football
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:29 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
i wouldn't look past this weekend la73... the browns have some pretty good weapons (morgan, northcutt, davis, winslow) and the boys' secondary looks pretty banged up.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:29 PM   #13
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
Sounds good to me, but I have a hard time saying that Vinny Interseptaverde is a ligit QB. Maybe a good back up but thats it!

As far as your young RB's yeah that are talented and Parcelles has a way of finding good RB's but that is as much as I can say about your ground game.
Understandable, but Gibbs made SB Champs of Doug Williams and Mark Rypien
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:31 PM   #14
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
i wouldn't look past this weekend la73... the browns have some pretty good weapons (morgan, northcutt, davis, winslow) and the boys' secondary looks pretty banged up.
We'll win..I have few doubts...but we'll give up some yards and points for sure..Winslow II, Morgan and davis will have their moments courtesy of our secondary and pass rush

or lack there of
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:34 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Im interested to see how your D responds to the Giants passing game when Williams plays 8 in the box or blitzes if they Giants have some success on the ground

The Giants still have formidable skill position players in Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey and Barber
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29467 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25