Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #61
Camp Scrub
 
RabidFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

[QUOTE=Daseal;539707]Good to see the Simpsons reference wasn't lost on you.



Ah Ralph Wiggum....well played Sir.
RabidFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #62
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,626
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
According to one PFT.com Cutlers a drunk. I think it's no wonder the NFL is experiencing a shortage of quality QB's. Most of them are becoming drunks . Now every QB from the 2006 draft has a scandalous pic available on the internet.
And I mean who else do we got? Eli's got a drunk pic, Big Ben has one, Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Tony Romo. Alchol is costing the NFL +90 Passer Ratings.

I guess now we know why Kurt Warner was so good last year.
Well, given the fact that Cutler has type 1 diabetes, I highly doubt he's a drunk.
__________________
Tardy
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 38
Posts: 16,270
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, given the fact that Cutler has type 1 diabetes, I highly doubt he's a drunk.
Yeah, last year we heard reports he was taking care of his Diabetes.

How'd I guess it was PFT.com that would call him a drunk? I still can't understand how anyone stomachs their National Football League Enquirer reporting.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #64
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,089
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

You can have diabetes and still party like a rock star. I knew a few guys in college who did it, granted they weren't in the best of health and it's a death wish, but it can be done.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #65
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,740
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

sorry i know im late to the party and this isnt the welcome albert thread but it still hasnt set in that one of our biggest problems last year was not having a pocket collapsing dominate DT and we picked up the best DT in the game at 27 yrs old for 4 yrs 48 mil . . . somebody pinch me, i still cant believe we got him. yahoooo!!

go skins!!
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #66
Franchise Player
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,570
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
sorry i know im late to the party and this isnt the welcome albert thread but it still hasnt set in that one of our biggest problems last year was not having a pocket collapsing dominate DT and we picked up the best DT in the game at 27 yrs old for 4 yrs 48 mil . . . somebody pinch me, i still cant believe we got him. yahoooo!!

go skins!!
Right. By some of the posts on here you'd think we haven't done anything good this year. Remember how much some of the posters wanted AH and said how we would become a dominant defense if we had him? I can't wait to see him on the field in B&G this year! Hip Hip......
__________________
Defense wins championships. Bring it!
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,740
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

i think we upgraded an already solid core team, imo we

- added big AH, lost evans
- replaced kendal with dock, kendal still might sign with us which would be great
- replaced springs with hall
- lost MW whom might still sign with us
- our 3 2nd round picks are now not rookies but 2nd year players ready to take on more responsibility, they have to contribute more than they did last year so thats an upgrade on offense imo

we upgraded in almost every move we did except OLB and we still have the 13th overall pick to add rey or one of the top 4 tackles.

this offseason we have improved in areas of need and we still got the 13th pick to address one more need.

go skins!!
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #68
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 40
Posts: 715
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
According to one PFT.com Cutlers a drunk. I think it's no wonder the NFL is experiencing a shortage of quality QB's. Most of them are becoming drunks . Now every QB from the 2006 draft has a scandalous pic available on the internet.




And I mean who else do we got? Eli's got a drunk pic, Big Ben has one, Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Tony Romo. Alchol is costing the NFL +90 Passer Ratings.

I guess now we know why Kurt Warner was so good last year.
Side note: Leinart gets some rediculous tail.
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #69
Franchise Player
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,570
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i think we upgraded an already solid core team, imo we

- added big AH, lost evans
- replaced kendal with dock, kendal still might sign with us which would be great
- replaced springs with hall
- lost MW whom might still sign with us
- our 3 2nd round picks are now not rookies but 2nd year players ready to take on more responsibility, they have to contribute more than they did last year so thats an upgrade on offense imo

we upgraded in almost every move we did except OLB and we still have the 13th overall pick to add rey or one of the top 4 tackles.

this offseason we have improved in areas of need and we still got the 13th pick to address one more need.

go skins!!
Good post OTM. Hail Redskins!
__________________
Defense wins championships. Bring it!
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #70
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 32
Posts: 14,750
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Side note: Leinart gets some rediculous tail.
While the other two deal with this:

__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #71
Pro Bowl
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i think we upgraded an already solid core team, imo we

- added big AH, lost evans
- replaced kendal with dock, kendal still might sign with us which would be great
- replaced springs with hall
- lost MW whom might still sign with us
- our 3 2nd round picks are now not rookies but 2nd year players ready to take on more responsibility, they have to contribute more than they did last year so thats an upgrade on offense imo

we upgraded in almost every move we did except OLB and we still have the 13th overall pick to add rey or one of the top 4 tackles.

this offseason we have improved in areas of need and we still got the 13th pick to address one more need.

go skins!!
Word...optimism is usually contagious but I only catch colds LOL. Seriously, JC playing w/ a chip on his shoulder excites the hell out of me.
__________________
24-34
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #72
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Zorn may have said "No" but Snyder & Vinny obviously said "Yes"

I think this whole fiassco goes to show you that Zorn has no say over the roster. Is that the tools you want to deny a head coach you want to become successful?

It's looking more to me that Zorn came in knowing that he is a filling a transistional phase between coaches.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #73
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 32
Posts: 14,750
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Zorn may have said "No" but Snyder & Vinny obviously said "Yes"

I think this whole fiassco goes to show you that Zorn has no say over the roster. Is that the tools you want to deny a head coach you want to become successful?

It's looking more to me that Zorn came in knowing that he is a filling a transistional phase between coaches.
Actually the only one I've heard as saying yes was Sndyer. I think Cerrato actually might be innocent in all this. Zorn is definately innocent though, that much I'm sure of.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,812
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

See, I think Snyder obviously said Yes, and Zorn obviously said No, but I don't think it is at all clear that Vinnie said Yes.
I think
Snyder said "Yes at any price"
Zorn said "No it's not really a need" (with a nod that if it happens he will make it work)
and Vinnie said "Yes but only if the price is right

If this is in fact what happened, then that seems about the right sentiment. 30% of the fans wanted Cutler no matter the price, the rest wanted Cutler, but I am sure most, if the price had been right, would have accepted the deal.

This doesn't mean Zorn has no control, just that he doesn't have Total control, and with our FO structure I don't think any 1 of the 3 should have total control.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #75
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 38
Posts: 16,270
Re: Zorn says no on Cutler, talks Haynesworth, Hall and '09 hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Word...optimism is usually contagious but I only catch colds LOL. Seriously, JC playing w/ a chip on his shoulder excites the hell out of me.

Absolutely.

I believe him when he says he would have played hard anyways, he's that type of worker/player/person.

This probably will push him beyond his own expectations though. He's improved every season so far and will be better next year too.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17460 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25