Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,635
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
reach arounds over the phone just aren't the same
Talking from experience here? LOL.

Sorry man, I couldn't help myself.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #47
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 12,514
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Talking from experience here? LOL.

Sorry man, I couldn't help myself.
I don't want to talk about it!
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #48
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,013
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
reach arounds over the phone just aren't the same
hey if you have to give a reach around, pray that its over the phone...
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #49
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 12,514
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
hey if you have to give a reach around, pray that its over the phone...
well if danny's getting effed he deserves one in person
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #50
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,626
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No we shouldn't. We should let him walk after his contract expires this off-season. If he decides he wants to walk right back to Redskins Park, that's great. But we haven't shown a commitment to keeping him around long-term, so we should allow him to test the market.

It's like the Redskins are Jsarno and Campbell is his ex-wife. You'd like for it work out after all you've already invested but if you're not going to be serious about it, then let Campbell go and let him find success where he's appreciated
.
That's the best analogy I've heard in a while. Well done.
__________________
Tardy
GMScud is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #51
Special Teams
 
franklinhimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 110
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

I like Campbell. I think he's a classy young player who will only be that much better with a better line in front of him, talent that's had another year to develop around him, and a better front 7 on defense to keep him on the field more. I just can't see why the FO wouldn't think of all that and see they've got something good in front of them. They just need to stay put.

Sure a lot of us think something similar.
franklinhimself is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #52
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 12,514
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinhimself View Post
I like Campbell. I think he's a classy young player who will only be that much better with a better line in front of him, talent that's had another year to develop around him, and a better front 7 on defense to keep him on the field more. I just can't see why the FO wouldn't think of all that and see they've got something good in front of them. They just need to stay put.

Sure a lot of us think something similar.
If he weren't so sheltered it'd be nice too.. unfortunately with our offense you try to take advantage of every time you get the ball, like any other, but it's more important for us.. let him unwind and sure he'll have a few more picks a year, but maybe he can get us to the red zone without having to grind all of the way down the field too
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #53
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,770
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

I HATE TO SEE CAMPBELL GONE BUT THIS MAKES US A TRUE CONTENDER NOW!! AND TO EVERYONE WHO SAID TRUST ZORN YOU WERE CRAZY, EVEN ZORN WANTS CUTLER OVER CAMPBELL AND IT'S A FACT!

Zorn, Cerrato, Snyder Spent Huddled All Day In Snyder’s Office
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2009, 10:37 p.m.

We’re told via a short chain of reliable sources that things were interesting this morning in Washington.

As we hear it, Redskins executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato was retrieved from draft meetings at roughly 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday to go to owner Daniel Snyder’s office. Not long thereafter, they fetched coach Jim Zorn.

And the three men remained in Snyder’s office into the evening.

The obvious implication? They’re working on this whole Jay Cutler thing.

Or maybe they were playing Call of Duty.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,635
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I HATE TO SEE CAMPBELL GONE BUT THIS MAKES US A TRUE CONTENDER NOW!! AND TO EVERYONE WHO SAID TRUST ZORN YOU WERE CRAZY, EVEN ZORN WANTS CUTLER OVER CAMPBELL AND IT'S A FACT!

Zorn, Cerrato, Snyder Spent Huddled All Day In Snyder’s Office
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2009, 10:37 p.m.

We’re told via a short chain of reliable sources that things were interesting this morning in Washington.

As we hear it, Redskins executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato was retrieved from draft meetings at roughly 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday to go to owner Daniel Snyder’s office. Not long thereafter, they fetched coach Jim Zorn.

And the three men remained in Snyder’s office into the evening.

The obvious implication? They’re working on this whole Jay Cutler thing.

Or maybe they were playing Call of Duty.
I honestly think that this is all Snyder and well VC and Zorn just have to play along, hopefully they are trying to convince him to not go through with this.

And, do you know you can post a link instead of copying the whole article? Just a suggestion.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #55
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,770
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Amid reports that the Washington Redskins are actively pursuing a trade for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the Redskins are trying to trade current starter Jason Campbell.

We need to emphasize that this is a rumor, and we’re currently trying to nail down whether or not it’s an accurate rumor.

Campbell is under contract through 2009. Talk of signing him to a new contract subsided significantly after his strong start to the 2008 season faded into something less than that.


THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!!!!
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #56
Pro Bowl
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,006
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Amid reports that the Washington Redskins are actively pursuing a trade for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the Redskins are trying to trade current starter Jason Campbell.

We need to emphasize that this is a rumor, and we’re currently trying to nail down whether or not it’s an accurate rumor.

Campbell is under contract through 2009. Talk of signing him to a new contract subsided significantly after his strong start to the 2008 season faded into something less than that.


THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!!!!
Seriously dude, it's not hard to post a link..
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #57
Camp Scrub
 
skinzaholic73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 78
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Absolutely not! I say trade him,he's had a chance to prove himself and he couldn't do it.Hit the road Campbell.
skinzaholic73 is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #58
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,597
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Please don't do it DS we don't need Jay Cutler we need a better OL & LDE, that's more important.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #59
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Posts: 3,503
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No we shouldn't. We should let him walk after his contract expires this off-season. If he decides he wants to walk right back to Redskins Park, that's great. But we haven't shown a commitment to keeping him around long-term, so we should allow him to test the market.

It's like the Redskins are Jsarno and Campbell is his ex-wife. You'd like for it work out after all you've already invested but if you're not going to be serious about it, then let Campbell go and let him find success where he's appreciated.
You mean back to Auburn?
gibbsisgod is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #60
Special Teams
 
wordsmithgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 158
Re: If we don't get Cutler, should we extend Campbell?

I have redskins fatigue. I am so tired of them not having any sort of plan to build a team. They just blow with the wind. I do not want Jay Cutler. He is just another team's problem that will come here, play two years and offer the team little for what they give up for him and pay him. I do believe that if this happens my interest and passion for this team will be dealt a blow that I do not know it will recover from. I am just so tired of the constant change and lack of organization that this dysfunctional ownership exhibits. People say allSnyder wants to do is win and he is willing to spend the money to do that. He has proven he will spend money but he does so without rhyme or reason and I am convinced if this happens this team will never win with this reactionary approach to building a winning team will never build a winning team. I have Redskins fatigue and may well lose interst and passion for a team I have loved since I knew what football was.
wordsmithgk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.14093 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25